PDA

View Full Version : McDonald’s accused of €1bn tax evasion

singular_me
27th February 2015, 05:04 AM
funny... by the same token I'd love to see McD's balance sheet, all these corporations are just leveraged to death, they are fiat planetary black holes
------------------------------------------------------
McDonald's Accused Of Evading More Than 1 Bln Euros In Taxes
By RTT News, February 25, 2015,

Civil society groups in Europe have accused fast-food giant McDonald's Corp. (
MCD
) of evading more than 1 billion euros or $1.1 billion in tax over five years between 2009 and 2013. The company is said to have managed low taxes by routing its royalty payments from Europe through its subsidiary based in tax havens such as Luxembourg.

The one billion euro tax evasion figure has been derived by calculating the actual tax on the royalties McDonald's received from European countries and major markets like France, the U.K., Italy, and Spain.

The group, consisting of labor unions and a charity group, are calling for the European Commission and respective national tax authorities to launch an investigation on the world's largest restaurant chain's tax practices and take appropriate measures.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/mcdonalds-accused-of-evading-more-than-1-bln-euros-in-taxes-20150225-00771#ixzz3SwwimFMv

mick silver
27th February 2015, 09:33 AM
It's not just McDonald doing this ALL big companys are doing the same thing ............... let us small folks do this and see what we would have taken from us

madfranks
27th February 2015, 09:42 AM
I hope McDonalds can keep every penny of it. Screw their precious taxes.

mick silver
27th February 2015, 09:58 AM
Exxon Mobil Settles $9 Billion New Jersey Environmental Case for $250 Million
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/nyregion/exxon-mobil-settles-with-new-jersey-over-environmental-damage.html?action=click&contentCollection=Television&region=Footer&module=TopNews&pgtype=article

expat4ever
27th February 2015, 11:08 AM
I think everyone in Europe has an office in Luxembourg.

Hopefully the people of Earth will wake up soon and stop buying anything from any corporation. Back to the old days of mom and pop restaurants and businesses. Real jobs are created then. Not these ficticious organizations called corps that go around destroying the planet for profit.