PDA

View Full Version : 44 Magnum vs Water Balloons

Cebu_4_2
27th February 2015, 12:24 PM
http://youtu.be/blGNsJl7Ku8

http://youtu.be/blGNsJl7Ku8

madfranks
27th February 2015, 01:06 PM
Nice vid, but I knew the bullet wouldn't make it through all of them. Have you ever seen a bullet fired into a pool of water? It loses it's velocity real quick.

Cebu_4_2
27th February 2015, 01:09 PM
I was guessing 3 balloons because they were pretty big.

Hitch
27th February 2015, 01:25 PM
I was guessing 3 balloons because they were pretty big.

3 was my guess too.

Hitch
27th February 2015, 02:05 PM
Nice vid, but I knew the bullet wouldn't make it through all of them. Have you ever seen a bullet fired into a pool of water? It loses it's velocity real quick.

Did you see how deformed the bullet was as well? I figured that would happen. Hitting water at that speed, initially, must be like hitting steel upon impact.

Cebu_4_2
27th February 2015, 02:28 PM
One guy I know claimed that a bucket of water would stop his .380 so I wanted to see that in person. His bucket leaked after that.

madfranks
27th February 2015, 03:10 PM
One guy I know claimed that a bucket of water would stop his .380 so I wanted to see that in person. His bucket leaked after that.

How deep was the water? What kind of ammo? I suspect ball ammo would go much farther than say a hollow point.

Hitch
27th February 2015, 03:20 PM
I'm also surprised a woman guessed right. She must be very familiar with ballistics.

Cebu_4_2
27th February 2015, 03:27 PM
How deep was the water? What kind of ammo? I suspect ball ammo would go much farther than say a hollow point.

Metal bucket about a foot tall. Not sure what type ammo but was not hollow point.

Dogman
27th February 2015, 03:28 PM
Anyone that makes a dive in the water from height and hit the water flat can attest water is and can act like a solid. Plus the faster you go the harder the water feels and acts. It can take a surprising small depth or water column to stop any rifle or handgun round/bullet cold.

Cebu_4_2
27th February 2015, 03:36 PM
Plus the faster you go the harder the water feels and acts.

What if it's softened water?

Dogman
27th February 2015, 03:38 PM
What if it's softened water?

Go find some soft water and dive into it from say 30 feet or so and do a cannon ball or belly flop and then report back to the forum on your findings..

;)

Glass
27th February 2015, 04:15 PM

Was his name Henry? Did you sing him a song?

yes bullets don't get far in water. Under pressure water gets more solid. I remember the Mythbuster guys did this. One of those Hollywood myths shows. They also did that walk on water thing where they filled a tank with water and corn starch and when you put pressure on it, it went rigid enough to walk on. You'd want something like that in your BP vest.