PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck

Santa
20th March 2015, 10:28 AM
Got examples? One day, I met a lady in her early forties
who told me how she was shot in the head twice after her husband had been shot dead during a robbery
as they were shutting down the store for the day. Crazy. She showed me the scars. One indentation right
above her left eye and one above her right temple. They weren't grazes. They were straight on close-up hits to the head
from a .38. She said she didn't even pass out until after the ambulance arrived. How's that for luck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zjK0XB-Rv4

Neuro
20th March 2015, 12:56 PM
Got examples? One day, I met a lady in her early forties
who told me how she was shot in the head twice after her husband had been shot dead during a robbery
as they were shutting down the store for the day. Crazy. She showed me the scars. One indentation right
above her left eye and one above her right temple. They weren't grazes. They were straight on close-up hits to the head
from a .38. She said she didn't even pass out until after the ambulance arrived. How's that for luck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zjK0XB-Rv4
Similar story. On the flight from Istanbul to Stockholm. I ended up sitting next to this Swedish man in his 60's, who told me when he was working for a company in South Africa as a manager, he stopped at a red light and someone came up to his side and shot him in the head near his ear through his open car window, he thought a car had hit him, he knew he was injured but that was it, he managed to call his wife, told her where he was, and told her to call there Dr friend, who happened to be close by. He arrived within minutes and managed to hinder the bleeding enough to keep him alive until the ambulance arrived. The bullet exited the opposite cheek, and he required extensive reconstructive surgeries afterwards of his face, and he had bad hearing on the side he was shot at, but that was it. The company he worked at had its payday and until that month, they had payed the workers in cash, and it was his responsibility to bring the money, so he thinks it was an attempted robbery, and he suspected someone he knew in the company to be behind the robbery attempt, but he didn't have any evidence.

palani
20th March 2015, 01:33 PM
I got up a 7 a.m. this morning and didn't fall down on the way to the head.

Neuro
20th March 2015, 01:38 PM
I got up a 7 a.m. this morning and didn't fall down on the way to the head.
That was skill. Luck is when you get shot in the head!

palani
20th March 2015, 01:44 PM
That was skill. Luck is when you get shot in the head!

I'm glad I am not lucky then.