PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! This is disturbing. Do Not Click. I saw it on epic fail

ximmy
8th April 2015, 08:27 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhGEAS88ZwWg64o7Y0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m3d4a_oh-my-gosh-you-can-literally-hear-both-of-his-quadriceps-tendons-snapping_fun

Uploaded April 08, 2015 This was his opener and the first of the 3 lifts. The weight was 280kg (roughly 617lbs). The snapping noise you hear is both his quadriceps tearing off the bone.

http://bodybuilding-wizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/quadriceps-muscles.jpg

Dogman
8th April 2015, 08:35 PM
Ouch!

He is screwed and blued!

Did not think it was possible to hear something like that, pushing things a few pounds too far and the price has been played!

ximmy
8th April 2015, 08:40 PM
It's like torture, but self inflicted.

http://i1.wp.com/www.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2015-04-08_0813.png?resize=640%2C376Via Liveleak (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c71_1428447914)

Tommy Dolan learned an important lesson about anatomy on this day. He regrettably received an education about tendons and how they’re just as important as muscles. No matter how large and strong that your muscles are, if your tendons can’t hold them to the bones it doesn’t mean shit.
See Tommy boy here is competing in the Irish Powerlifting Organization National Championship. Tommy’s max is 616 lbs. He tried to lift 617 lbs three times. He didn’t make it past the first gruesomely flawed attempt and suffered one of the worst sports injuries I’ve ever heard.
As he attempts to lift the 617 lbs, something goes amiss. Really, really amiss. The obscene amount of weight causes his quadriceps to tear off the bone and the sound is much more gruesome than any words I can write in this space. It’s a popping, flesh-ripping sound that I’ve thankfully never heard before because you don’t rip your quads from lifting a case of Leinenkuegl’s.
And based on the sheer pain in Tommy’s face, it hurt a fuck of a lot.
Don’t be a pussy Tommy, wrap that shit up and finish the set.

http://www.brobible.com/life/article/graphic-gruesome-sound-powerlifters-quads-tearing-national-championship/

singular_me
8th April 2015, 08:47 PM
one thing is certain, he wont be lifting weights again for a verrrryyyyy long time

Hitch
8th April 2015, 09:37 PM
That lift he was attempting was the squat...which is actually an amazing lift. It works pretty much every muscle in your body, furthermore, that lift actually stimulates your endocrine system to produce more natural HGH (human growth hormone), which helps your body grow and adapt to a strength training environment.

He kinda failed though, by trying to lift more than his body could handle.

Don't do that, folks. Life is too short.

Ponce
8th April 2015, 10:10 PM
using only right hand to type, down I went last night tore up all muscles in left arm........will only read for a while.

v

EE_
9th April 2015, 04:19 AM
Ouch! I think it's safe to say 616 lbs will be his lifetime high.

There's a guy at the gym I train at, that is lifting an enormous amount of weight for his small framed body.
You'd never think he could lift this much by looking at him. He's 170 lbs and about 5' 8" tall, small boned not muscular looking. Benching over 350, pressing, incline/vert with 110 lb dumbells. I question whether his frame and joints can handle that kind of stress. Ya just can't tell with some people by looking at them.

EE_
9th April 2015, 04:23 AM
using only right hand to type, down I went last night tore up all muscles in left arm........will only read for a while.

v

You better figure out how to take better care of yourself Ponce...otherwise you'll be spending the last 50/60 years of your life in a nursing home.

Spectrism
9th April 2015, 04:40 AM
And the purpose of extreme lifting or any other extreme event? Personal gratification. Pride. In the end it's an empty pocket of dreams that won't buy you a cup of coffee. It is not like he is lifting a crashed car off a dying victim or hauling someone out of a burning building. No... it is fame and claim that they are after. Fleeting payoff with long-lasting payout.

madfranks
9th April 2015, 07:51 AM

v

Holy crap Ponce, take care of yourself please!

Hitch
9th April 2015, 08:24 AM
And the purpose of extreme lifting or any other extreme event? Personal gratification. Pride. In the end it's an empty pocket of dreams that won't buy you a cup of coffee. It is not like he is lifting a crashed car off a dying victim or hauling someone out of a burning building. No... it is fame and claim that they are after. Fleeting payoff with long-lasting payout.

They are athletes, spec. They have a passion for their sport that drives them to push themselves to the limit. I work with a professional kite boarder, and a UFC fighter, and they both say the same thing, they love the sport.

Spectrism
9th April 2015, 08:30 AM
They are athletes, spec. They have a passion for their sport that drives them to push themselves to the limit. I work with a professional kite boarder, and a UFC fighter, and they both say the same thing, they love the sport.

I have always loved partaking in sports of various kinds. I never loved the sports to the point of making them my life or worshipping them. I think it could be a bad drug... an addiction for some. When they get to the extreme level, they walk a narrow line of risk.

Hitch
9th April 2015, 08:43 AM
I have always loved partaking in sports of various kinds. I never loved the sports to the point of making them my life or worshipping them. I think it could be a bad drug... an addiction for some. When they get to the extreme level, they walk a narrow line of risk.

I agree, though I can see both sides. I've done some extreme sports, mountain climbing, rock climbing, etc...but thankfully God didn't make me very good at them. I never was able to get too crazy. My Mom at the time would ask me, why are you taking these risks to climb a mountain? I loved the challenge, physical and mental, and the feeling of achievement reaching the summit.

I also think as we get older, we mellow out a lot and take things easier. It's all young men pushing themselves like that. Now, I look back at mountain climbing, and think no way I'm doing that again.

Spectrism
9th April 2015, 08:57 AM
I have done many dangerous things, both by choice and by requirement. The biblical concept of live by the sword- die by the sword, really expresses the reality of risk being multiplied by dwell time in a particular activity. There are limits to how much weight a bone can handle. There are limits to how much impact your brain or internal organs can take before they are severely damaged. If you play an activity that constantly puts you at risk, that Russian roullette will eventually give you the winning combination.

milehi
9th April 2015, 09:35 AM
I have a pretty bad habit of visiting small mountain town hospitals. Hypothermia or severe heat stroke. When I get myself into these situations, I'm always alone, never telling anyone where I'm going because I'm making it up as I go.

ximmy
9th April 2015, 10:21 AM
sooo... Will he ever walk again? How do they repair such damage? Aren't those muscles like rubber bands? Do they have to stretch (pull) them back to their original position and reattach them to the bones?

EE_
9th April 2015, 10:25 AM
sooo... Will he ever walk again? How do they repair such damage? Aren't those muscles like rubber bands? Do they have to stretch (pull) them back to their original position and reattach them to the bones?

I doubt he'll be working for a long time. He'll probably be collecting government disability checks.

Neuro
10th April 2015, 08:06 AM
My understanding is that it is very difficult to re-attach totally torn off tendons! And the muscle would curl up so it can't heal back in naturally!

Hitch
10th April 2015, 08:21 AM
My understanding is that it is very difficult to re-attach totally torn off tendons! And the muscle would curl up so it can't heal back in naturally!

That happened to a guy I worked with years ago. He tore his bicep muscle off, and it curled up all the way up his arm to his shoulder. It took surgery and quite some time for him to get back to work.

I tore the tendon in my ankle at work as well. I was unable to work for 2 months. The doctor said it would have been better if I had broken the bone. Bones heal quicker than tendons.

Neuro
10th April 2015, 08:38 AM
The doctor said it would have been better if I had broken the bone. Bones heal quicker than tendons.
yes, correct. My dad tore off one of the tendons of the biceps many years ago, but you have two (biceps, means two heads) so it isn't a disaster, the muscle will work ok with just one remaining tendon and generally a surgery isn't needed...

Hitch
10th April 2015, 01:30 PM
yes, correct. My dad tore off one of the tendons of the biceps many years ago, but you have two (biceps, means two heads) so it isn't a disaster, the muscle will work ok with just one remaining tendon and generally a surgery isn't needed...

The guy I worked with must have tore off both of his tendons then, to cause the bicep to curl all the way up. He was lassoing a cleat with a line/rope, like a cowboy. Over 300 lbs of his body weight into the throw and the eye of the line caught on something and rip she went.

When teaching new guys how to do this, I always tell them about that guy because they cringe at the thought. I tell them for safety, look at the eye of the line before you throw to make sure it can't catch on anything.

Neuro
10th April 2015, 01:46 PM
The guy I worked with must have tore off both of his tendons then, to cause the bicep to curl all the way up. He was lassoing a cleat with a line/rope, like a cowboy. Over 300 lbs of his body weight into the throw and the eye of the line caught on something and rip she went.

When teaching new guys how to do this, I always tell them about that guy because they cringe at the thought. I tell them for safety, look at the eye of the line before you throw to make sure it can't catch on anything.
He tore the tendon attaching to the forearm then, which is only one. I think that is much more unusual than tearing one of the two tendons attaching to the shoulder girdle at the head of the muscle, which would get about half the biceps to curl downwards instead of upwards. So they managed to surgically repair it? From what I was told in chiropractic college I understood that the surgery has a great failure rate, in that it fails to heal into the bone, and become strong again and it is easily retorn, you need a long time probably 10-12 weeks of total immobility of the arm for it to heal up, and then you need to take it very easy on loading the muscle for several months. This is all from memory so I may have gotten something wrong, it was after all about 18 years ago I had orthopedics classes...

Hitch
10th April 2015, 01:54 PM
. So they managed to surgically repair it? From what I was told in chiropractic college I understood that the surgery has a great failure rate, in that it fails to heal into the bone, and become strong again and it is easily retorn, you need a long time probably 10-12 weeks of total immobility of the arm for it to heal up, and then you need to take it very easy on loading the muscle for several months. This is all from memory so I may have gotten something wrong, it was after all about 18 years ago I had orthopedics classes...

That makes sense. This was years ago when I first started. I remember hearing he did have surgery. He then sued the company and made out like a bandit. Then returned to work and got fired, so I don't know how or what happened after that. Last I heard he was a fishing boat captain in Alaska, so the arm must have healed somewhat. That guy was an animal. We have a high turnover of employees and too many injuries to remember. The company and industry is improving in regards to safety, which is a good trend.

kiffertom
10th April 2015, 02:50 PM
i tore my biceps tendon off the bone! made a noise like popping your finger out of your jaw! mother fucker! it hurt!

ximmy
10th April 2015, 03:10 PM
i tore my biceps tendon off the bone! made a noise like popping your finger out of your jaw! mother fucker! it hurt!

how did they fix it?

Cebu_4_2
10th April 2015, 03:52 PM
how did they fix it?

Chains and a come-a-long.

ximmy
10th April 2015, 04:00 PM
Chains and a come-a-long.

something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XNogs4AjGg