PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld Responds To California Drought By Draining Animal Tanks Halfway

madfranks
9th April 2015, 12:43 PM
Good on them.

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/29/29063/16x9/700.jpg?7935

SAN DIEGO—In an effort to conserve water amid the state’s severe drought, SeaWorld officials announced Tuesday that the southern California marine park had drained all of its animal tanks halfway. “When facing a crisis this dire, everyone has a responsibility to make difficult sacrifices, which is why we at SeaWorld have decided to reduce the amount of water in all our whale, seal, and dolphin habitats by 50 percent,” said SeaWorld San Diego spokesperson Patricia Leeds, adding that the marine animals only needed a couple of inches of water to survive and that evaporation could be prevented by simply covering many of the creatures with tarps. “Our trainers are going to hook the orcas up to a winch and flip them over about once an hour to help their entire bodies stay moist. There’s still enough water in their enclosures, especially if the animals stay in one place like they’ve been doing.” Leeds added that implementing the new measures was not a problem for the company, as SeaWorld’s management had already been planning on making such a change to its animal habitats anyway.

Linky (http://www.theonion.com/articles/seaworld-responds-to-california-drought-by-drainin,38386/)

EE_
9th April 2015, 12:54 PM
http://ix23.com/blogs/caveman-chuck/files/2012/12/bullshit-alert_001_200x262.png

Dogman
9th April 2015, 01:06 PM
Onion!

Neuro
9th April 2015, 01:27 PM
Hehehe don't they live in salt water? But anyway if normal californians has to suffer a 25% reduction in water consumption it is only fair if these parasites get 50% less water to fuck around in...

ximmy
9th April 2015, 01:36 PM
Nestle spokesman: We applaud Sea World. Its about time these recreational users start to conserve. Let them drink our bottled water while conserving their taps.

Horn
9th April 2015, 01:56 PM
Franks appears to have his email feed linked to Mad Magazine's lately...

madfranks
9th April 2015, 02:52 PM
Franks appears to have his email feed linked to Mad Magazine's lately...

A little comedy is good for you.

Santa
9th April 2015, 03:22 PM
Since sea water is full of nutrients and sea salt is healthy, I suggest all Californians just start drinking, showering and watering their lawns in sea water.

Neuro
10th April 2015, 01:28 AM
Since sea water is full of nutrients and sea salt is healthy, I suggest all Californians just start drinking, showering and watering their lawns in sea water.
Soon we wouldn't have oceans

BrewTech
10th April 2015, 06:11 AM
Hehehe don't they live in salt water? But anyway if normal californians has to suffer a 25% reduction in water consumption it is only fair if these parasites get 50% less water to fuck around in...

The. Onion.

(It's satire)

Neuro
10th April 2015, 07:17 AM
The. Onion.

(It's satire)
Hmmm... Yeah, I should have known... Thanks for pointing it out! I wouldn't have gassed in 6 million years.

Shami-Amourae
10th April 2015, 07:21 AM
Hmmm... Yeah, I should have known... Thanks for pointing it out! I wouldn't have gassed in 6 million years.

http://new4.fjcdn.com/comments/Oy+vey+its+like+they+are+making+fun+of+the+_051ffe ea8a537525c73c128582093b41.png

Camp Bassfish
10th April 2015, 07:27 AM
Soon we wouldn't have oceans

Or better yet, Californians......... sorry Hitch.

Neuro
10th April 2015, 08:03 AM
Or better yet, Californians......... sorry Hitch.
Salt of the earth types!

Horn
10th April 2015, 10:17 AM
I'm thinking there should be an elective course in middle school, next to home economics that is meant for law enforcement. Then only those candidates above a B average accepted...my guess is u will have a better field cause these were the lawless bully guys in elementary.

Twisted Titan
10th April 2015, 10:28 AM
They dont want thinkers...they want mindless goons ...they will take a persons life and fall back on

I was following protocol and munch on their next donut

Thinkers are very very dangerous

Hitch
10th April 2015, 10:41 AM
Salt of the earth types!

Or...salt of the sea types! ;D

mick silver
10th April 2015, 05:42 PM
shit Twisted Titan you need some time in a fema camp to get your head clear ..;D..
They dont want thinkers...they want mindless goons ...they will take a persons life and fall back on

I was following protocol and munch on their next donut

Thinkers are very very dangerous