PDA

View Full Version : QE is Debt Cancellation

KenJackson
21st April 2015, 06:23 PM
Richard Duncan just solved the debt crisis!

In this video he explains that when newly printed QE dollars from the FED are used to buy bonds from the treasury, the QE has been effectively canceled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IsuKHjHzQ

"This is a once in history opportunity," he says, because globalization is deflationary, which offsets the inflationary force of printing money. So he wants us to print more and more.

Even better, the interest earned by those bonds is given back to the government, which reduces the deficit!

??? Grief! If many in Congress think this way, it's no wonder we're doomed.

singular_me
21st April 2015, 06:52 PM
still trying to wrap my mind around it, but its an intriguing twist...though somebody must be going broke: the fed Or at least not make any income from usury

ducan says: it is the right time for the gov to make more debts to restructure the economy ???
-------------------------------------
Quantitative Easing Has Cost Americans Over $1 Million Per Job Created
https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/quantitative-easing-has-cost-americans-over-1-million-per-job-created/

QE4 Is Here: Bernanke Delivers $85B-A-Month Until Unemployment Falls Below 6.5%
www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/12/12/qe4-is-here-bernanke-delivers-85b-a-month-until-unemployment-falls-below-6-5/

KenJackson
21st April 2015, 08:22 PM
ducan says: it is the right time for the gov to make more debts to restructure the economy ???

Rather than restructure, let's follow Duncan's logic to its natural conclusion. Let's just print everyone a salary every year.

Assume there are 200M people would otherwise work if they could, and print them $100K/year. That's only $20 trillion per year. That should be acceptable by today's standards. No one has to work. We can all relax and enjoy our free money.

I wonder if Duncan could figure out why it won't work.

Horn
21st April 2015, 10:37 PM
The "Global Economy" (deflation source) will not continue, if the U.S. continues to print dollars.

It may not even continue, since they've stopped.