PDA

View Full Version : I put my Boykin down yesterday

EE_
13th May 2015, 10:43 AM
Her name was Chestnut, but I called her PeeWee.

I've only had her for nine months, but I got very attached to her. She was a one person dog, she adored me and hated to be apart from me for even a minute.

I took her from friends that moved and could no longer care for her because of their demanding jobs.

I gave her more love and attention then she probably ever had in her lifetime and she was a big help with the transition of my Pointer from losing our Brittany and her best buddy just before Thanksgiving.

PeeWee was going to be 14 years old this year and her health took a fast turn down this past week. She was suffering, so I took her to the vet yesterday to let her have peace. I brought her home and buried her on the hill on my property.

Now every time I look up there I get sad.
It's so painful to see these wonderful creatures go, even only having them for a short while.

madfranks
13th May 2015, 10:48 AM
Chestnut, what a great name, and fitting too. She looks like a Chestnut. Sorry for your loss, EE.

Cebu_4_2
13th May 2015, 10:49 AM
Sorry about that EE. At least you know where she is. Our cat simply vanished one afternoon, never to return. Raised her from a dropper and she had a good 5 years with us.

Twisted Titan
13th May 2015, 11:11 AM
You were able to give love and render mercy when it mattered the most.

There is a special grace for those people.

God Bless both of you.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
13th May 2015, 11:31 AM
Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so hard. :'(

Hitch
13th May 2015, 02:56 PM
I took her from friends that moved and could no longer care for her because of their demanding jobs.

I gave her more love and attention then she probably ever had in her lifetime

EE, my parents rescued a dog from 'death row' as they say, he was 3 days away from getting euthanized. He was found living his whole life on the street.

That dog had issues, but has turned out to be such a happy great dog..when that dog greets me when I visit my parents, it's like my heart smiles.

There's a special place in Heaven for folks like yourself, who take in dogs needing love and attention.

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. Be well.

osoab
13th May 2015, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog EE.

Celtic Rogue
14th May 2015, 06:04 AM
WOW! So sorry for your loss! I feel your pain! Its hard enough having to lose a furry friend, but to have to put them down is horrifically painful! I think that it has to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Even though I knew it was for their own good to relieve their suffering! Dogs just dont live long enough and they weave their way into our lives in very deep and emotional ways! So sorry E.E. All we can do is live on with the good memories they have given us.