PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Study: Average Attention Span Less than That Of A Goldfish

singular_me
17th May 2015, 10:38 AM
mind prisons... too many fears to deal with... average brain giving up?
---------------------------------------------------------
New Study: Average Attention Span Now Just 8 Seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0t_1AUDN4

LINKS
Our attention span now worse than goldfish's
............ Your attention span is, uh... well... whatever, but it probably can't beat that of your average goldfish, a new study says. Microsoft reached this conclusion after surveying more than 2,000 Canadians and monitoring the brain activity of 112 people, Yahoo! Canada reports. In our age of buzzing phones and 140-character news items, they say, the Canadian attention span has dropped from an average of 12 seconds in 2000 to the jittery low of eight seconds today. The average goldfish, it's believed, can concentrate for nine, researchers say. "Canadians with more digital lifestyles ... struggle to focus in environments where prolonged attention is needed," the study says. More specifically, 44% of survey respondents say they struggle to focus on tasks and 37% say their inability to use time well forces them to work late or on weekends, the National Post reports.
May 14, 2015
http://betanews.com/2015/05/15/our-attention-span-is-shorter-than-that-of-goldfish/
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2015/05/15/Microsoft-Humans-have-shorter-attention-span-than-a-goldfish/1441431717012/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/14/attention-span-human-worst-than-goldfish/27293073/

midnight rambler
17th May 2015, 11:14 AM
I quit listening to that video when he started mocking anyone doubting the *official narrative* of the Sandy Hook episode.

Alcibiades
17th May 2015, 11:19 AM
Yes, because everyone must always agree with midnight rambler.

I quit listening to that video when he started mocking anyone doubting the *official narrative* of the Sandy Hook episode.

singular_me
17th May 2015, 11:23 AM

hadnt listen to the whole thing.... yes the vid is flawed... though I do believe the study to have hit a nail as many people have a very short attention span due to an allergy to realistic news. Thats typically new age: the so-called positive thinking... ignore the negative and it will go away.

EDIT
by/for microsoft= everything goes according to plan

midnight rambler
17th May 2015, 11:29 AM
Yes, because everyone must always agree with midnight rambler.

I take it you buy into the official narrative of Sandy Hook without any doubts whatsoever, that whatever went down at Sandy Hook was precisely as we've been told with no hidden agendas?

Dogman
17th May 2015, 11:34 AM
Old member that has joined again that went hidden by the second post with a new sock name, that happens to be an ancient Greek name!

Now the fun begins on figuring who!

Last few Greeks here were nasty ass hats!

;)

midnight rambler
17th May 2015, 11:40 AM
Old member that has joined again that went hidden by the second post with a new sock name, that happens to be an ancient Greek name!

Now the fun begins on figuring who!

Last few Greeks here were nasty ass hats!

;)

Let's see if he/she outs himself/herself.

Alcibiades
17th May 2015, 11:55 AM
False. I don't care what happened, only what certain people would do with Sandy Hook as a pretence.

However, if a man says several things, one of which are incorrect, it would be foolish to dismiss all that is said. This is doubly so if the incorrect datum is superfluous to the thesis of the video i.e. that average attention spans are declining.

I take it you buy into the official narrative of Sandy Hook without any doubts whatsoever, that whatever went down at Sandy Hook was precisely as we've been told with no hidden agendas?

midnight rambler
17th May 2015, 11:58 AM
False. I don't care what happened, only what certain people would do with Sandy Hook as a pretence.

However, if a man says several things, one of which are incorrect, it would be foolish to dismiss all that is said. This is doubly so if the incorrect datum is superfluous to the thesis of the video i.e. that average attention spans are declining.

Only a fool would listen to someone who endorses the Satan worshipers' version(s) of events.

Serpo
17th May 2015, 03:25 PM
I could only listen for 8 seconds and then had to move on............