PDA

View Full Version : Well it looks like it's going to happen, Croatia here I come

General of Darkness
30th May 2015, 07:41 AM
Well I've been busy relocating my mom back there, just got back on Sunday. Now I'm cleaning my house and looking how I'm going to deal with all the crap I've accumulated. Looks like I might be able to actually ship my firearms etc. Cars etc isn't a problem.

Plan is to get everything I'm going to keep out of the house, considering just buying a shipping container, they're not that expensive and just shipping everything ahead of time. With what's left over doing an estate sale at my mom's house and then temporarily moving into my mom's house, fixing up mine and selling it. Then move to Croatia and rent my mom's house.

Sound's pretty simple, and considering people live off of 15K a year I would never have to work again, but that's not an option, I'd be bored within a month.

Ares
30th May 2015, 07:58 AM
Escaping the U.S. prison? Can't say that I blame you.

EE_
30th May 2015, 08:06 AM
Nice move cashing out in an over-heated real estate market. You're going to miss California...Not!
Find something you actually like to do for work and start a small business.
Best of luck!

Shami-Amourae
30th May 2015, 08:06 AM
Escaping the U.S. prison? Can't say that I blame you.

Why? The US is the greatest country on Earth. We have the greatest concentration of freedom oriented people in the world.

Besides, you've been living in Southern California. If you went to a place like Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming your opinion of the US would improve greatly. It did for me. America sucks when you're around all the shitskins. Live in an area away from shitskins and suddenly it's a pleasant place to live.

EE_
30th May 2015, 08:08 AM
Why? The US is the greatest country on Earth. We have the greatest concentration of freedom oriented people in the world.

Besides, you've been living in Southern California. If you went to a place like Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming your opinion of the US would improve greatly. It did for me. America sucks when you're around all the shitskins. Live in an area away from shitskins and suddenly it's a pleasant place to live.

America is exceptional!

General of Darkness
30th May 2015, 08:09 AM
Nice move cashing out in an over-heated real estate market. You're going to miss California...Not!
Find something you actually like to do for work and start a small business.
Best of luck!

Actually talking about producing high end paintball guns there. Things are exciting, but as the saying go the grass isn't always greener, but time will tell.

Well off to dog training

Shami-Amourae
30th May 2015, 08:18 AM
America is exceptional!

It is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

But my point remains clear. We are still the most free country overall when you think about guns, personal liberty, and all that combined. I did a post (http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?83624-Knife-Ban-Insanity-in-Britain&p=775220) to show how bad it was in Britain to put in perspective how awesome our gun freedoms are here and how precious they are to preserve. Sure some countries beat us on things like press freedom, corruption, and so on but the United States still is the best overall.

The reason we have a police state and all the people in prison is since we have such a high shitskin population. All the police ever do with Whitey is act as revenue collecting agents for local governments and pull over people for stupid minor violations to help meet budget. The police have a ton of gear but never use them unless it's against the rare Whitey gone wrong. Look at the Ferguson and Baltimore riots how the national guard just stood down and did nothing but gave the Dindus areas to destroy. Police used to beat the shit out of you with nightsticks in the 1970s and before that, now they have their hands tied so they will only shoot you. That happened basically after the Rodney King beating (which was heavily edited by the media so you wouldn't see King attacking the police first.)

No more legal repercussions if you're dead, right goy?

Ponce
30th May 2015, 09:04 AM
I live with, and even save, my Social Security alone.......the main thing is that you, as I do, own your own home so that other expences are minimal.....

V

midnight rambler
30th May 2015, 09:32 AM
now they have their hands tied so they will only shoot you.

Shoot whitey maybe, but the Dindus have become empowered due to 'the Ferguson effect'.

(you don't have to subscribe etc. to this link from a mobile device)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-nationwide-crime-wave-1432938425

osoab
30th May 2015, 11:22 AM
Best of luck on your return home GoD.

Cebu_4_2
30th May 2015, 11:38 AM
Caro container is the way to go, you can fit a ton of stuff in there.

Do you have to declare your stash?

Serpo
30th May 2015, 07:30 PM
https://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_map/croatia.gifhttp://www.greecemedtravel.com.au/filelibrary/images/Staff-photos/croatia%20boat%20water.jpghttp://www.direct-croatia.com/images/news/croatia-dubrovnik.jpg

Good one general , look forward to hearing about what you make of things once you are settled.

Hitch
30th May 2015, 07:44 PM
I'm excited for you General. I like your business idea as well. Do the dog's understand Croatian? I translated something online for you to teach them. Napad! Napad! Which in English means attack.

Shami-Amourae
30th May 2015, 09:17 PM
http://www.direct-croatia.com/images/news/croatia-dubrovnik.jpg

Good one general , look forward to hearing about what you make of things once you are settled.

The Orcs are coming.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/WORLD/africa/06/06/tunisia.libya.refugees/t1larg.sfax.boat.gi.afp.jpg

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/italy-migrants-refugees-asylum-seekers-1.jpg

Get ready to use those guns. And don't let anyone take them away.

steyr_m
30th May 2015, 10:06 PM
How old were you when you went to the US?

General of Darkness
30th May 2015, 10:50 PM
How old were you when you went to the US?

Just got home, I was about 4 years old.

ShortJohnSilver
30th May 2015, 10:57 PM
Good luck buddy! I have about 6% Balkan DNA in me, and a bunch more from just across the Adriatic, in Italy (my grandfather was born straight to the West of your place).

steyr_m
31st May 2015, 09:05 PM
Just got home, I was about 4 years old.

Welcome home bud! I'm think of leaving Canada -- S. America or Russia are some choices

Neuro
31st May 2015, 11:13 PM
Actually talking about producing high end paintball guns there. Things are exciting, but as the saying go the grass isn't always greener
What are your estimates on the market of high end paintball guns in Croatia. Or are you planning on exporting too?

General of Darkness
1st June 2015, 05:58 AM
What are your estimates on the market of high end paintball guns in Croatia. Or are you planning on exporting too?

Neuro it's a gun that's previously been on the market but the company went under, the drive train was the best on the market. So it would be sold globally. We're upgrading the looks and several other items and it's currently in an engineers hands to produce the CAD drawings so I can get that to my cousin in Croatia to get quotes from machine shops.

EE_
1st June 2015, 06:24 AM
Let us know how this move goes. I'm sure members here would like to know what's involved in a major move like this.

Some things of interest:
Shipping, or buying a car there...along with the licensing process. Will you buy a diesel powered car? A lot of roads in Europe are tight, especially if you plan on doing much travel to other countries, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia, Hungry. Do you plan on taking the monster truck?
A biggie is how to safely move a large sum of money safely. FX broker? Taxes on the transfer, etc.
Mandatory health insurance.
I imagine everything moves slowly involving government issues there. If it is in peak season (August), is anything even open for business.

I'm sure you are aware of the crimes of theft in European countries, pick-pockets/theft...thieves are everywhere, along with shady business practices and scams. I shouldn't have to tell you to be very careful.

About the paintball gun business, it sounds like it has possibilities. I understand, in the off season, there's not much to do in Croatia. Maybe locals will like a new outlet for shooting games, not to mention international sales, if you get them produced at a good price.
Are there places to stage games you could sponsor?

General of Darkness
1st June 2015, 06:45 AM
Let us know how this move goes. I'm sure members here would like to know what's involved in a major move like this.

Some things of interest:
Shipping, or buying a car there...along with the licensing process. Shipping my diesel, 911 and my mom's Ford Focus is $5500 from Los Angeles to the port of Rijeka. I need a full respray on the 911 so I went to a good and trusted painter and he recommended to it there because of the inevitable dings and what not, that happen during transportation. Also I need to replace the rear tail lights on the Focus because the turn signals are in red and need to be orange. Since I'm going to using the vehicles for personal use there is no tax, but there is a small registration fee. However, I'm going to be initially living there on a work permit status until I get my citizenship so I won't have to register them until then.

Will you buy a diesel powered car? A lot of roads in Europe are tight, especially if you plan on doing much travel to other countries, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia, Hungry. Since there are deliver box trucks everywhere, this shouldn't be problem driving, but I definitely won't go into the center of town with the diesel, taking the tram and buses is so much easier.

A biggie is how to safely move a large sum of money safely. FX broker? Taxes on the transfer, etc. I've got a sizable account with Merrill Lynch, I don't plan on moving the money unless it looks like TSHTF because I can transfer money within 24 hours and I'm currently getting 8 - 10% returns right now so leaving the money in the U.S. makes the most sense. They don't tax you on any money brought it, it's just like here. What I don't know is how it works with money over 100K because I'll be buying a house in the next 60 days.

I imagine everything moves slowly involving government issues there. If it is in peak season (August), is anything even open for business. Yeah it definitely does move slower, but everything is always open.

I'm sure you are aware of the crimes of theft in European countries, pick-pockets/theft...thieves are everywhere, along with shady business practices and scams. Oh yeah, but the biggest problem they have there is bike theft. What's nice is that since I have all my family there I have people to watch my back and since I live in L.A. I know the drill, well at least I think I do.

I

Here you go.

gunDriller
1st June 2015, 06:49 AM
Croatia - near Serbia.

So Prvi Partisan would be local.

They make just about all calibers, from 5.56 to 9.3 ... my guess is, they make lots of handgun calibers too.

EE_
1st June 2015, 06:55 AM
Here you go.

It sounds good on paper, but as you actually walk through it all, it may be more complex and time consuming.
Let us know as it plays out.

Will the dogs have to be quarantined for a period?

gunDriller
1st June 2015, 12:27 PM
Sound's pretty simple, and considering people live off of 15K a year I would never have to work again, but that's not an option, I'd be bored within a month.

Would you consider a position helping Prvi Partisan market their broad line-up of Ammo to us Americans ?

This is what I would tell them -

1. A name change. Prvi sounds PERVY. In the American market, it's just a bad name choice.

2. Another positive. Prvi Partisan, being located in Serbia, is largely outside the clutches of Pelosi-Feinstein-Schumer Monster.

Now I wonder what other industries are big in Croatia - Serbia area.

General of Darkness
1st June 2015, 12:32 PM
Would you consider a position helping Prvi Partisan market their broad line-up of Ammo to us Americans ?

This is what I would tell them -

1. A name change. Prvi sounds PERVY. In the American market, it's just a bad name choice.

2. Another positive. Prvi Partisan, being located in Serbia, is largely outside the clutches of Pelosi-Feinstein-Schumer Monster.

Now I wonder what other industries are big in Croatia - Serbia area.

Dude there's quite a few. My cousin when he was in the military and they got a shot that guaranteed they wouldn't get a cold etc for over 2 years. The Croatian built their own tank. They're doing tons of stuff in the medical field with blood etc. Remember this is where Nikola Tesla came from. A lot of smart people come from that region of Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfJiNPZ38kY

madfranks
1st June 2015, 01:31 PM
Good luck on your move General! I wish you the best.

ShortJohnSilver
2nd June 2015, 12:13 AM
The only warning I can give you, is that ALL banks are tied in to the IRS now. So, if you decide to open a bank account in Croatia, do not use your USA address, use your local address. Maybe don't even have a small account in your name, instead get a local (no USA SSN #) to open it for you and then you just transfer money in and use the only debit card for that account, to pull money out and pay for things. Guy I knew from Bulgaria that moved to USA went back, took money out of bank A, tried to deposit it into bank B, but they didn't want his money. Why? He gave them his USA address and they didn't want the audit hassle with the IRS.