PDA

View Full Version : "Even Coin Collectors Have Given Up on Gold" YEEHA love the anti-Gold Propaganda ...

gunDriller
11th June 2015, 12:39 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-coin-market-vanishing-u-052036235.html

Is this why Yahoo got Marissa Meyer, so she could re-shape Yahoo Finance into part of the Fed strong Dollar BS ?

"Finding bullish gold investors is getting a lot harder, even in a place where demand has been almost a given in recent years: precious-metal coins.

Customers who were buying even as gold began slumping in 2013 are now so scarce at the Bullion Trading LLC shop in New York that owner Isaac Kahan says sales in May tumbled 35 percent. Purchases of American Eagle gold coins from the U.S. Mint, the world’s largest, were the weakest for the month in eight years. And global coin demand this year probably will slump to the lowest since 2008, TD Securities Inc. predicts."

Ares
11th June 2015, 12:45 PM
"You can't eat it"

"It doesn't earn interests"

"It's a barbarous relic"...

I'm sure I'm missing some.

midnight rambler
11th June 2015, 12:50 PM
"You can't eat it"

"It doesn't earn interests"

"It's a barbarous relic"...

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Those coins wear holes in your pockets!

ximmy
11th June 2015, 01:08 PM
I'm a coin collector and I collect gold coins... BTW, for the most part, American gold eagle coins are not collectable coins.

mick silver
11th June 2015, 01:56 PM
Do what

Serpo
11th June 2015, 05:52 PM
This stuff is still unproven , its only been money for 6000 years...................needs more time.........

Twisted Titan
11th June 2015, 07:21 PM
If this hack isnt lying which is probally more accurate.

If sales are down in his store it is for one of two reasons.

1) people are just that cash strapped that they cant invest in gold regardless of the clearcut oppertunity.

2) This Shylock has slapped a markup so high on his coins ...even the dumbest Goy has wised up that they can buy better elsewhere.

My shekel is on number two.

gunDriller
22nd July 2015, 07:52 PM
"Gold has always been the favorite commodity of a fringe crowd that doesn’t trust governments, central banks, politicians and the financial system. This part of the gold market drives a lot of the buying and selling; it whips up a lot of frenzy. I don’t have any hard evidence, but I’d argue that gold’s value is inflated by people who aren’t investing in a commodity but in a belief system that may or may not include black helicopters and a U.S. invasion of Texas."

"As fund manager and blogger Barry Ritholtz said of gold’s fundamentals: “It has none.”

Trillions of $$ are racing around the Globe right now looking for a Safe Home.

Part of the con is the value of an asset is determined by its $$ value.

Knowing this, the Con Men work really hard sometimes (24/7/365 since April 2013) to make it look like Gold is a losing bet.

I welcome the breather. Gives me more time to load up, below the cost of Production.

Can Ritholtz be sued by his investors for CFP malpractice ? He's probably got that covered in his contract.

gunDriller
22nd July 2015, 07:53 PM
"Gold has always been the favorite commodity of a fringe crowd that doesn’t trust governments, central banks, politicians and the financial system. This part of the gold market drives a lot of the buying and selling; it whips up a lot of frenzy. I don’t have any hard evidence, but I’d argue that gold’s value is inflated by people who aren’t investing in a commodity but in a belief system that may or may not include black helicopters and a U.S. invasion of Texas."

"As fund manager and blogger Barry Ritholtz said of gold’s fundamentals: “It has none.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-gold-is-falling-and-wont-get-up-again-2015-07-20

Trillions of $$ are racing around the Globe right now looking for a Safe Home.

Part of the con is the value of an asset is determined by its $$ value.

Knowing this, the Con Men work really hard sometimes (24/7/365 since April 2013) to make it look like Gold is a losing bet.

I welcome the breather. Gives me more time to load up, below the cost of Production.

Can Ritholtz be sued by his investors for CFP malpractice ? He's probably got that covered in his contract.

Serpo
22nd July 2015, 08:05 PM
These crooks have manipulated the price down to below the price of production while someone else does all the work mining it and they get to buy it on the cheap.

It just shows what cheapskates these people really are.................

gunDriller
23rd July 2015, 05:15 AM
These crooks have manipulated the price down to below the price of production while someone else does all the work mining it and they get to buy it on the cheap.

It just shows what cheapskates these people really are.................

i don't know if they're cheapskates - more like Talmud-ists and country-club wannabe's.

if it was a one of a kind painting ... then they compete to see who can pay the most.

but yes, these prices create a number of opportunities to profit hugely -
* buying PM's below cost of production
* twisting miners' arm, so miners hedge production. then when prices rise, the person holding the hedge contract profits.
* buying miners for very cheap.

Jesus H., another one.

http://www.mineweb.com/news/gold/investors-seek-gold-revenge-after-prices-tumble/

"With gold prices tumbling to a five-year low, investors aren’t just getting out of gold, they’re betting against it.

Speculators in July amassed record short holdings in the metal, meaning they’re wagering that the price has further to fall. Also telling, the number of hedge funds that are hoping to profit from declines is near a record high."