PDA

View Full Version : Clayton County woman facing charges after cop shot her dog.

monty
1st August 2015, 04:57 AM
says she is facing charges after police shoot, kill her 5-month-old puppyCLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. – A Georgia mother is furious after she says a police officer killed her family dog in front of her children and neighbors.

Now, she says she is facing charges.

Claudette Terry says she was moving into a home in May when officers stopped to check on a man who was sitting in the driveway.

Terry says she was explaining that the man was simply a friend who was helping her move when her son came to see what was going on.

“My son opened the door and the dog ran out and kind of stood by me where the other officers were,” she told WSB-TV. “He didn’t bark, growl or anything.” (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-facing-charges-after-police-shoot-kill-dog/nm9Yt/)

Terry says she was speaking with two officers when Officer Walter Dennard walked up.

At that point, Dennard claims the family’s 5-month-old lab-pit mix ran and lunged at him.

However, witnesses say that is not the case.

“He just took a step back and he just shot at the dog,” said Brandon Smarr. “And then he started laughing afterward.”

“He just shot the dog and stood there with no remorse, no regrets in front of her and her kids,” said Aijohli King.

Terry says she couldn’t believe what was happening.

“When the gun went off, my son went down in the yard crying. I looked, thinking my son may have been shot,” said Terry.
At that point, she realized her dog was the target.

“The dog was shaking on the ground,” she said. “And he walked up to the dog and shot it a second time. He walked closer and shot it a second time.”

According to friends, the puppy, named 8-Ball, was friendly and loved people.

Terry says the loss has affected her daughter the most, who was closest to the dog.

Despite the loss, Terry says she is now in a legal battle.
She says she is facing charges for not having her dog on a leash or showing rabies paperwork.

In the meantime, a Clayton County police spokesperson says they are investigating the incident and cannot comment.

However, Dennard’s file shows several use of force complaints, including a suspension for tasing a suspect in the neck.

mick silver
1st August 2015, 07:36 AM
only the best get the top job of being a cop

madfranks
1st August 2015, 08:34 AM
How dare she question the judgement of her heroes in blue, why, they were simply protecting her from a rabid beast that was lunging towards them all in a menacing and threatening manner! They all feared for their lives, and justifiably so. I mean, a small puppy like that can tear a sock right off a man's foot! She should be thanking her heroes for saving her.

Glass
1st August 2015, 06:20 PM
Cops just want to shoot shit and dogs are an easy target. I think you'll find cops have a common law right to deal with dogs including shooting them. Certainly here the law under the Police statute is very clear and specific to do with dogs. If police attend your house and encounter an unrestrained dog they can shoot it.