PDA

View Full Version : Very Interesting Experience - Got Bit by a Serious Spider

gunDriller
6th August 2015, 05:12 AM
I had a painful swollen bump on my neck yesterday morning.

In the afternoon, it was sort of like having the flu.

At night, no sleep.

Today, can't eat. Normally eat 4 pieces of bread. Could only get 2 down.

Looks like it'll be a 2 day thing ?

The baby chickens suffered a little, I forgot to feed them yesterday afternoon.

The swelling is down.

A friend of mine got bit by a black widow. He said it festered and about a 1 inch piece (of his body) fell off.

There are plenty of black widow's here. But I didn't see it. It must have happened when I was doing early morning gardening yesterday.

In any case, a VERY interesting experience.

Have you ever been bit by a serious arthropod ?

Dogman
6th August 2015, 05:28 AM
I had a painful swollen bump on my neck yesterday morning.

In the afternoon, it was sort of like having the flu.

At night, no sleep.

Today, can't eat. Normally eat 4 pieces of bread. Could only get 2 down.

Looks like it'll be a 2 day thing ?

The baby chickens suffered a little, I forgot to feed them yesterday afternoon.

The swelling is down.

A friend of mine got bit by a black widow. He said it festered and about a 1 inch piece (of his body) fell off.

There are plenty of black widow's here. But I didn't see it. It must have happened when I was doing early morning gardening yesterday.

In any case, a VERY interesting experience.

Have you ever been bit by a serious arthropod ?

When I was a kid in San Diego black widow spiders were dam near EVERYWHERE.

Here not so much, but there is one that is very common and nasty called the brown recluse that is small and nasty , because the bite for most people will necrosis (Rot) and form a ulcer that will leave a permanent reminder. My uncle back when got bitten and he ended up after treatment with a pit in his leg that was close to half dollar in size for the rest of his life.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite_brown_recluse_spider_bite/article_em.htm

Nasty !

Now for some of the good stuff. ;D

https://www.google.com/search?q=brown+recluse+bite&biw=1252&bih=618&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIuqm8msiUxwIViaCACh1Cegl2

Ares
6th August 2015, 05:32 AM
The only spider I've ever been bitten by was a Wolf spider. It just itched like a mosquito bite, and was gone in about the same time frame of 2 days.

Serpo
6th August 2015, 06:06 AM
Glad to hear you are OK gundriller

only spider I and many others have been bitten by is this one............

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M fbf7ab76e674a0c5f6f46840a3d88ebao0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Silver Rocket Bitches!
6th August 2015, 06:22 AM
I woke up one morning to find two tiny holes on the top of my hand near my wrist. The area turned puffy and itchy. About a day later I had a dime sized scab. Still don't know what type of spider it was but it was an angry looking wound. Took almost a week to heal. I don't like to think it was a brown recluse but I have seen them around before.

palani
6th August 2015, 06:42 AM
For entertainment and educational purposes ....

why don't you find a small powerful neodymium magnet and tape it with the North pole next to the skin over the spider bit?

mick silver
6th August 2015, 06:53 AM
Black Drawing Ointment best stuff I have every used . every one here needs to keep a jar around ... http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Christophers-Black-Drawing-Ointment/dp/B001429TNC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1438869071&sr=8-9&keywords=black+salve

palani
6th August 2015, 06:57 AM
Black Drawing Ointment
Bit pricey. More economical for cysts are poultices made of fresh cow pie. Not recommended for any wound with an opening through the skin though.

mick silver
6th August 2015, 07:01 AM
great for bad bug bites

gunDriller
6th August 2015, 08:06 AM
For entertainment and educational purposes ....

why don't you find a small powerful neodymium magnet and tape it with the North pole next to the skin over the spider bit?

a worthy idea, but i think i'll wait. i found a 100 GB PATA which i would like to keep. finding a low capacity drive to do it on would be difficult - i sold them all as metal scrap.

to summarize symptoms -
* shivering on a 100 degree day, now that's a trip.
* forgot to eat dinner, that has never happened - i've not eaten dinner, but it's been deliberate.
* significant digestive turbulence, i will leave it at that.

i think it's a baby black widow that bit me. from the state website -
"Black widow spiders may be the only potentially harmful spider in Oregon."

however if it had been an adult, i think it would have been much worse.

when i took my Mercedes diesel for some brake work a few years ago, there was a large adult in the wheel well. basically, i live in prime black widow territory.

i think i was bitten when i was doing some gardening. it's not like the Killer Rabbit in Monty Python, it's not going to jump on you.

i was carrying a shovel & maybe some other garden stuff on my neck. i've already been stung by wasps or hornets a few times, because whenever you put down a tarp or a piece of plywood on my land, numerous creatures turn it into a home.

oh well, at least it wasn't a rattlesnake ! :)

monty
6th August 2015, 10:39 AM
Bit pricey. More economical for cysts are poultices made of fresh cow pie. Not recommended for any wound with an opening through the skin though.

Interesting you mention that. Our neighboring rancher's mother was an Italian immigrant. They used fresh cow manure poultices to reduce swelling from injuries as well.

palani
6th August 2015, 10:57 AM
at least it wasn't a rattlesnake ! :)

You can use N pole magnetic fields on rattlesnake bites as well. Or two doses of anti-venom at a hospital are said to set you back $150k.

The more expensive option is more favorable if you happen to be on the receiving end.

gunDriller
6th August 2015, 12:27 PM
You can use N pole magnetic fields on rattlesnake bites as well. Or two doses of anti-venom at a hospital are said to set you back $150k.

The more expensive option is more favorable if you happen to be on the receiving end.

yes, i think i'll be wearing my high boots next time i go up into wild forest.

they're thick rubber and about 18 inches high.

palani
6th August 2015, 12:32 PM
yes, i think i'll be wearing my high boots next time i go up into wild forest.

they're thick rubber and about 18 inches high.

Learn to sleep in the trees as well.

Those reptiles like to snuggle up to anything warm on a cold mountain night.

Come to think of it the same statement is true of the tenderloin district.

gunDriller
7th August 2015, 04:03 AM
Learn to sleep in the trees as well.

Those reptiles like to snuggle up to anything warm on a cold mountain night.

Come to think of it the same statement is true of the tenderloin district.

I only go up for about 45 minutes at a time. My backyard adjoins wild land.

In summary, it (getting bit by a significant spider) is sort of like a combination of the flu, and a medium concussion.

With a boil on the neck instead of a bump on the head.

I still wanted to get something done yesterday. So I made a list of things I can do when I'm moving like a turtle and feeling half comatose -
* water the garden and lawns (13 spots total)
* call mother
* paint up some targets (a 6 inch wide white circle on a tan background for shooting at 100 yards.) It's hard to see the hole from a 5.56 at 100 yards - unless I use a target without a lot of marking.

gunDriller
9th August 2015, 04:34 AM
More on the swelling.

Day 4: I look like a Vulcan whose forehead implants sagged.

Day 3: yesterday the swelling had moved to my Left Cheek, where it was about 2 inches diameter, maybe 3/8 inch high, light red/ flesh color.

based on the direction, i knew if it kept moving from my neck to my cheek, it was going to end up on my forehead.

as it turned out, it was predictable in that sense.

so now it's left cheek, left eye, and left forehead.

looks sort of like i had a set of implants to make me look like a full-blown Vulcan - and they started on the left side - and didn't finish.

i've been wearing the same light blue green shirt since it happened. maybe i should wash it ? :)

or maybe i could hang it from the chicken coop to scare away the fox ?

it is still a sore type of swelling, it hurts to raise and lower my left eye-brow.

i have to go to the bank tomorrow. yes, better change my shirt.

Dogman
9th August 2015, 04:53 AM
I thought lumps on the head = Knothead ?

Grin !

;)

All kidding aside hope you recover soon!

;D

gunDriller
9th August 2015, 04:56 AM

Grin !

;)

;D

knothead - "A person who has trouble thinking in a logical progression"

that was definitely the case Wednesday.

Dogman
9th August 2015, 05:01 AM

that was definitely the case Wednesday. Not good !

Seems in that case it seems being a cone head maybe would be better or not? :confused:

But both seem to beat being a pointy head ! {0}

What ever the case may you recover soonest !

;D

slvrbugjim
9th August 2015, 11:24 AM
Electro-Shock Treatment of Snake and Spider Bites
http://electroshockbite.blogspot.com/

It all came about when a friend of Dr. Guderian mentioned a Farm Journal article that described how an Illinois farmer who was allergic to bee stings had accidentally found a cure when he touched an electrified fence. Afterwards, Dr. Guderian began successfully treating insect stings and snakebites with the ignition systems of outboard motors, chain saws and automobiles. He attached a wire from a spark plug and used another wire as a ground. Then he applied the live ends to the bite or sting site for 1 or 2 seconds to provide relief. Now Dr. Guderian uses a Nova stun gun. Since insect stings are near the surface, treatment consists of simply spanning the site with the 2 probes and delivering a momentary shock. With the deep fang wounds of snakebites, he added an extension wire to the shorter probe so that it could be held to the opposite side of a bitten limb while the other probe was applied directly to the fang punctures. In this way, current could travel through the wound on its way to the extension wire on the other side of the limb. Some Case Histories... In 34 recorded snakebite cases (mainly fer-de-lance and bushmaster varieties), Dr. Guderian applied the current within a half-hour’s time of the bite, no serious medical complications developed, all pain disappeared within 15 minutes, and none of the patients died. No antivenom was ever administered to any of the patients. Within an hour, each patient was able to return home, and follow-up examinations revealed no necrosis (cellular tissue damage) around the bite. Two patients arrived with swollen limbs and were treated 2 hours after being bitten. Seven electrical treatments spaced 5 to 10 seconds apart provided considerable pain relief and after 12 hours, swelling no longer increased. After 3 days, the swelling had practically disappeared, and only a small necrotic area was visible around one bite site. Seven patients who refused electrotherapy suffered the usual complications of considerable swelling, bleeding, necrosis, shock and kidney failure. Of these, two patients could only be saved by limb amputation. One patient, that had been bitten 3 times by a bushmaster (the largest pit viper in the world), stumbled into Guderian’s medical station 3 hours after being bitten. Despite several applied shocks to the wounds, the patient died within 24 hours. There was just too much venom in his system and too much time before treatment to save the man. Why Does It Work? The biological reason electroshock treatment neutralizes the incompatible alien proteins of snake venom remains unclear. Besides proteins, snake venom contains enzymes and trace elements that could easily be uncoupled or ionized by high-voltage electricity. In the British medical journal, The Lancet (Dec. 6, 1986), C. Kroege and K H. Meyer propose the theory that electricity may neutralize the snake venom by destroying the secondary and tertiary structures of enzymes by influencing their hydrogen bonds. High voltage electricity may also reduce metal ions that are attached to harmful enzymes, thus making these enzymes no longer destructive. Also since body tissue is negatively charged and snake venom is positively charged, unlike charges attract. With the application of electricity, venom may become negatively charged, thus negating its magnetic attraction to body tissue. An Electronic Snakebite Kit As a result of Dr. Guderian’s successful treatment technique, pilots, missionaries, mining engineers and many explorers are now carrying stun guns into the jungles of the world as standard first- aid gear. Even doctors in many remote regions of the world are using and having good results with this method of treating snakebites. Since this treatment has been known for several years in the U.S., anyone who dies as a result of a Crotalid snakebite or being allergic to bee stings has only the ignorance of their own doctors to blame if this technique is not at least tried on them, whether in conjunction with traditional treatments or not. It is certainly something to remember if anyone has suffered a mass attack of “killer bees.” If all the reports are true, to continue denying electrical treatment to bee sting and snakebite victims in the face of so many successful patient recoveries is simply tragic. Emerging Treatments Depending upon how quickly treatment is administered, multiple electric shocks are some-times necessary, but swelling and pain disappear, and recovery is complete when a charge is applied in the early stages after being bitten. For most snakebites, 20,000 - 25,000 volts (at less than one milliamp) like from a modified stun gun is sufficient (The Lancet, July 26, 1986 p. 229). Researchers are experimenting to determine how wide a range of animal poisons can be neutralized in this way. It seems that primarily the hemotoxic poisons (destroyers of blood and other tissues) in snakes are affected by the electro-treatment. There is not enough data on how it affects the neurotoxic venoms (which attack the nervous system, resulting in paralysis of the diaphragm and bodily muscles) of Elapid snakes (cobras, corals, mambas, etc). Jim Scroggins, vice- president of Nova Technologies, the originator of the Stun Gun, found it also works wonderfully on fire ant stings as well. His wife, Donna, is extremely allergic to fire ant stings. While doing some yard work one day, she accidentally got stung by 4 fire ants. Scroggins spanned the sting sites with the stun gun probes and gave her 2 quick half-second zaps. She did not go into her normal anaphylactic shock where her breathing would become extremely difficult. Her pain quickly stopped and no blistering or swelling appeared. The normal emergency room visit for such a mishap become unnecessary. More Research Is Needed Even though the curative principles behind electroshock treatment remain puzzling, expensive antivenin and heretofore lethal snakebites could both be a thing of the past if only doctors would seriously investigate the reasons behind why this new treatment works. Years ago, Bill Haast of the Miami Serpentarium developed some immunity to the neurotoxic venom of cobras by injecting himself with minute amounts of the poison, and then gradually increasing the dosages so that more and more antibodies could build up in his system. You’d think it would dawn on some serious researcher to do a similar experiment using a stun gun. Through small injections of hemotoxic venom coupled with shock treatments from a stun gun, the truth could easily be demonstrated. This would also silence doubting doctors thinking that Guderian’s Indians had an immunity or that the snakes didn’t inject much venom ?!__MDS Publisher’s disclaimer: The purpose of this article is not to recommend, but to inform. Since controlled laboratory experiments have yet to be tried, the author and publishers accept no responsibility for results obtained by using this treatment. References: 1) High Voltage Shock Treatment for Snakebite. July 26, 1986. The Lancet. P. 229. 2) Electric Shocks for Snakebite. Sept. 6, 1986. The Lancet. P. 578. 3) AIDS, Cancer and Snakebite - What Do These Three Have In Common? Jan. 1988. West. Jour. of Medicine. 148(1):84. 4) Shocks For Snakebites. June, 1987. Outdoor Life. P. 55+. 5) Latest Research: A Shock Cure For Snakebite, Part 1. June, 1988. Outdoor Life. P. 64+. 6) A Shocking Cure For Snakebite, Part 2. July, 1988. Outdoor Life. P. 45+. 7) A Letter On Electroshock For Snakebite. Aug. 1987. Veterinary and Human Toxicology. 29(4):320.

slvrbugjim
9th August 2015, 11:30 AM
The electricity basically cooks the venums protein like cooking the whites of an egg rendering it inert.

http://venomshock.wikidot.com/

http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/start/ClearZapper003e.jpg/small.jpg (http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--files/start/ClearZapper003e.jpg)
Introduction

For over 60 years electric shock has been used as first aid in treating venomous bites and stings in Third World countries. Using the spark plug wire of an internal combustion engine to treat scorpion stings is a folkloric remedy that dates back to at least the 1940s [1]. Later, in the 80's and 90's, first aid shock therapy studies were published regarding snake by Guderian[2] and Mueller[3] [4] and spider bites by Osborn [5][6][7][8] . When no medical facilities nor antivenom are accessible, first aid electric shock has been touted as an acceptable alternative. However an adequate source and method of delivering the shock still remains a challenge.
In regard to stun guns as a source of HV shock, the design, quality, expense and effectiveness varies considerably between models. The published studies of Guderian[2] and McPartland[9] successfully used a US built Nova-Spirit 40Kv stun gun. However, in a study done by Barrett[10], neither the Parali/azer stun nor the Guardian brand stun guns (both in excess of 100Kv) proved to have any affect on simulated brown recluse spider bites in Hartley guinea pigs. In fact, the Parali/azer delayed wound healing and resulted in significantly larger areas of induration when compared to untreated animals. This would be consistant with tissue damage caused by greatly excessive voltage for long shock periods. According to Roy and Podgorski [11] shock applied for more than 2 seconds can incapacitate the patient. Global statements concerning the safety of stun gun devices cannot be confidently made because the devices have been insufficiently tested, exhibit considerable intragun and intergun variability, and tend to malfunction frequently. [20][21]. Over 7000 stun guns were sold prior to the Food and Drug Administration banning the advertising of stun guns for the treatment of bites and stings in April 1990. Stun guns, although previously advertised for the treatment of venomous bites or stings, have never been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of any medical condition.[26]

Mechanical solutions such as the spark generated by lawn mowers and vehicles have had positive results[2] [22][3] but have had their obvious limitations. Hand crank generators such as the Wade Machine (http://venomshock.wikidot.com/mechanical) are difficult to manufacture, bulky and expensive. A recent portable mechanical spring (http://www.firstaidvenomshock.com) design looks promising.
As with many naturopathic remedies, the established medical community has been skeptical and none of their studies have showed positive results[12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]. All of the studies available to date have their limitations. One major recurring concern of shock therapy advocates is that no human subjects were used, only laboratory animals. Venom Shock supporters question whether using an animal (mice and rats) that venomous snakes normally prey on is an appropriate model. Snake venom is designed to jump start the digestive process on prey, even before it has been swallowed. Other recurring concerns involve the type (fresh vs commercially available), source (species), and dose of venom administered in the controlled trials.
Recent Research

Recent, yet to be published research, shows there is a striking difference between morbid sequelae for patients receiving conventional treatment and for the patients receiving the electroshock treatment. The effectiveness of electroshock treatment of snakebites is clearly shown by the clinical data. In addition there is a good correlation between the promptness of treatment and speed of recovery.
The most striking results have been obtained by researchers at Hospital Vozandes in Ecuador where electrical treatment of snakebite is a government-endorsed program. In one study, 299 snakebite patients were treated with various approaches; conventional therapy resulted in >20% morbidity and 5% mortality. In the same population, treatment by electrical shock had 1% morbidity and no mortality, a substantial improvement over conventional treatment results.
A more comprehensive study of 322 patients treated with electroshock first aid showed very encouraging results. The group who were treated promptly recovered with substantially better mortality and morbidity than would be expected without electroshock first aid.

Treatment within 20 minutes of bite (282 patients)

Pain subsided in 15-30 minutes
Swelling regressed in 48 hours
No necrosis, secondary infections, or abscesses, or other complications

Treatment 30-180 minutes after bite (40 patients)

Pain subsided in 15-30 minutes
Swelling increased slowly in first 24 hours, regressed in 72 hours
No evidence of bleeding, necrosis, secondary infections, abscesses

Similar results have been reported by medical teams in Mexico, Guatemala, Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, India, Thailand, Liberia, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia, and Irian Jaya. These results demand a careful evaluation of the techniques and mechanisms of electroshock; they are expected to lead to a greater understanding of a broad range of applications in natural and man made toxins. Studies in the US are anticipated under Investigational Device Exemptions but have not yet begun.
The rest of this research can be found following this LINK (http://venomshock.wikidot.com/snake-bites-on-humans)
Electric Shock Guidelines & Protocols

Whenever using shock, the following IMPORTANT guidelines should be followed.

Using shock on venomous bites is a FIRST AID measure.
It must be ONLY High Voltage pulsed Direct Current (DC) 15KV to 75KV at around 1mA as found in:

Small internal combustion engine ignition systems.
Stun Guns up to 75KV (over 75KV is more distressing on the patient and not necessary).
Cattle prods have been know to work.
Car ignition systems have been known to work. (Common sense should be used, some can pack quite a punch. Remove the primary coil wire to keep the engine from starting).
Electric fence chargers (DC variety) have also been known to work.

It should be administered within the first 20 minutes of the bite and should not be used if the process could reduce the transportation time to a medical facility.

Success has been observed with applications up to 3 hours after the bite was received.

Shock should NOT be applied to head bites or those near the heart.
Most documented cases used the spark generated by pulling the crank of a small engine (http://venomshock.wikidot.com/start#toc9) (with the spark plug lead removed from the spark plug to keep the engine from starting).
Apply 1 second shocks directly to each bite incision, with a rest between applications.

8 applications have been shown to be sufficient, more do not seem to be a problem.

Overview Of Snake Bites

As indicated above, venomous bites present a danger to humans as well as animals. The results can be as severe as death or loss of a limb from highly toxic venoms, or relatively moderate such as acute swelling and discoloration, with substantial pain and fever, or relatively slight, such as minor discoloration with minimal pain and relatively localized swelling.
Typically, venom is injected into the body by a bite, which typically is characterized by a single localized area, usually on the extremities such as a limb. This is particularly true in the case of snake bites. However, with other kinds of insects, such as bees, the bites could be on the head, face and the remainder of the body, as well. Also in the case of bees, multiple bites, such as from a swarm of bees, are common. Other toxic substances in addition to animal/insect venom may be produced in the body by a bacterial infection of one kind or another, such as what typically happens in a boil, or even may be the result of humanly induced or created substances such as bacterial, biological or chemical agents introduced into the body by injection, breathing or the like, such as might occur in chemical, biological or bacterial warfare. The word toxins is used herein to cover all such substances, including particularly venom from snake bites and the like.
Chemical Composition and Effects

In the case of venomous snake bites but also with other toxins, the effect of the venom usually depends upon the amount of the venom injected as well as the toxicity and complexity of the venom itself. In some cases, such as for certain snake bites, the chemical composition of the venom is very complex with some venoms comprising up to ten or even more different toxic substances. Such toxic substances will include a large number, i.e. as many as 26, different enzymes, many of which are found in all venoms. Typically, the complex chemical compounds in such venoms act in some manner on the membranes of the body, disturbing their function as well as their organization, resulting in the range of symptoms discussed above. In many cases only a small amount of venom can produce a very significant result. Fortunately, in many cases, the time of contact between the victim and the snake/insect is minimal, so that the amount of injected venom is relatively small and the resulting effect is not nearly as great as would be the case with a large dose.............................................. ....................................

linical Experience with Electroshock Treatment of Snakebites. Data from one clinical use study in Ecuador includes 74 victims of poisonous snakebites who were treated with electroshock. None received anti-venin. All patients recovered fully with minor morbidity in one case. Comparison data from a group of 225 bite victims (129 received anti-venin) had 10 mortalities and there was significant morbidity. In addition a striking relationship was found in the case of treatment with electroshock, between the promptness of treatment and the resolution of pain and swelling , providing additional evidence for the effectiveness of shock treatment of snakebite. The data are used here by permission and were collected by R. Guderian, in the Esmereldas province of Ecuador. For a patient's data to have been included in the study, three criteria needed to be met:

Visible puncture wounds from the snake fangs
Clinical evidence of envenomation such as swelling or discoloration
Positive identification of all snakes highly poisonous

72 of the snakes were Bothrops species, and 1 was Lachesis muta. Most of the snakebites occurred on the toes, foot or ankle (53) , but they also occurred on the fingers or hand (13) and arm (2). Fifty-three of the victims were male, twenty-one were female. The ages of the victims ranged from 5 to 65 years with an average of 31.2 ±15.3 years. Both native Indian (15) and afro-indian (Moreno 58) races are represented, and one Caucasian.
The victims received high voltage electroshock treatment from a Kettering ignition system or from a stun gun. With the stun gun a lead to a flat metal plate is attached to one electrode of the stun gun. The flat plate is applied to the side of the limb opposite the wound site and the other electrode is applied directly to the wound. Repeated shocks of short duration (less than 2 seconds) are made. The number of shocks given varied, 44 received 4 shocks, 18 received 5 shocks, 11 received 6 shocks, and one received 10 shocks. The shock does cause involuntary muscular spasm and makes it difficult to be absolutely uniform in the delivered dose for each shock with the existing devices, hence one might give an extra shock if one had been poorly executed. Patient tolerance or fear of the consequences is also a variable.
None of the electroshock patients was treated with anti-venin. Sixty-seven received electroshock treatment within 1 hour of the bite, three received treatment within 1 to 1 1/2 hours and the remainder were treated 3, 3.5. or 8 hours after being bitten. Table 1 shows the time lapse between the bite and electroshock therapy and time before the swelling, pain and other symptoms disappeared.
Table 1 Relationship between the promptness of electric shock treatment and time to disappearance of snakebite symptoms.
http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/old-snake-bites-on-humans/TImeToDisappearance.jpg/medium.jpg (http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--files/old-snake-bites-on-humans/TImeToDisappearance.jpg)
The data in Table 1 show a clear correlation between the time of treatment and time required for resolution of all symptoms. On average the patients were asymptomatic within 37 ±12 hours when treatment occurred within 15 minutes of the bite. Those treated 31 to 60 minutes after the bite recovered within 45 ±16 hours. Victims treated later required correspondingly longer recovery times, e.g., those treated more than 91 minutes after the bite (an average of 248 minutes) recovered within 108 ±24 hours. This is summarized in the figure below and provides strong evidence for efficacy of the electroshock treatment.
http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/old-snake-bites-on-humans/Response.jpg/medium.jpg (http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--files/old-snake-bites-on-humans/Response.jpg)
The stringent requirements for inclusion of patient data should have precluded cases of "dry bites" in which envenomation did not occur. Nevertheless there is a small possibility that a few dry bite cases were included (e.g. the patient treated at 61 - 90 minutes whose symptoms disappeared within 24 hours). Eliminating from consideration data from patients who recovered within 24 hours would eliminate possible dry bite cases. After doing so, the remaining data (i.e. from those whose symptoms resolved after 48 hours or longer) also show a very strong correlation between time to treatment and time to resolution of symptoms.
Similar results have been reported by medical teams in Mexico, Guatemala, Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, India, Thailand, Liberia, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia, and Irian Jaya[36]. For comparison, K. Kerrigan, working at Hospital Vozandes Oriente, Shell, Pastaza, Ecuador has published data[37] on snakebite cases admitted to their hospital during the period 1980 - 1987. None of these patients received the electroshock treatment. Results from electroshock and conventional therapy are summarized in the table below.
Table 2 Data from patients treated with electroshock, anti-venin, or neither method shows a substantial difference for electroshock treatment.
http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/old-snake-bites-on-humans/MethodOfTreatment.jpg/medium.jpg (http://venomshock.wdfiles.com/local--files/old-snake-bites-on-humans/MethodOfTreatment.jpg)
Most of Dr. Kerrigan's data is from patients who were brought into the hospital, while Dr. Guderian's cases were treated in the field. Thus the elapsed times between envenomation and first treatment differ for the groups. Also presumably Dr. Guderian would be presented with cases in the field which may not have been serious enough to have been transported any distance to a hospital. Taking only the cases from Dr. Kerrigan's data in which the patients were presented within 3 hours of envenomation should be somewhat comparable. In Dr. Kerrigan's data there were 54 cases presenting within 3 hours of envenomation, 11 were treated without the use of anti-venin and 43 were treated with anti-venin. In the cases receiving anti-venin there was significant morbidity in five cases including receiving transfusions, amputations, with abscess, GI bleeding.
Published studies also show morbidity and mortality for snakebites in the region is significant, even for those treated with anti-venin. In an epidemiological study Larrick[38] et al. state that snakebite deaths account for 4% of the deaths over six generations. They also cite an incidence of snakebite (1.5 / lifetime), suggesting a mortality rate of at least 2%. The World Health Organization[38] (WHO) reports a snakebite mortality rate of 4% in 2,182 cases treated in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Even with immune-serum treatment, the WHO reported a mortality rate of 1% in a study of 5,676 Bothrops snake bites[39].................................................. .................................................. ...................

slvrbugjim
9th August 2015, 11:38 AM
also here is another http://www.naturalnews.com/022386_electromedicine_electrical_stimulation.html

gunDriller
9th August 2015, 12:22 PM
also here is another http://www.naturalnews.com/022386_electromedicine_electrical_stimulation.html

it reminds me of needles ... what's that called - ACUPUNCTURE - they hook voltage up to the needles.

well, i don't think i'll do it, but if i do, i'll take a picture. do the needles go where the swelling is, or where the original bite was ?

i think the bite was near an artery, because the whole allergic reaction WAR in my body, has moved up my neck, away from my heart.

i'm glad about that. if it had moved toward my heart, and lungs, that tissue swelling could have caused some serious problems.

knock on wood.

i sure am saying 'knock on wood' a lot. i don't want my Guardian Angel or Angels to think I take them for granted.

the swelling was from my left ear to the middle of my forehead, in about a 6 inch circle.

my neighbor took a picture, he estimated it was swollen (sticking out) about a half inch, in the area around my left side-burns.

i can feel by touching where it is (hurts when I touch it.)

mick silver
13th August 2015, 05:21 PM
best stuff I have ever try on bug bites it works folks http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Christophers-Black-Drawing-Ointment/dp/B001429TNC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1438869071&sr=8-9&keywords=black+salve

palani
13th August 2015, 06:21 PM
Crush some plantain leaves (you have these growing in your yard and driveway) and rub onto the cut.

osoab
13th August 2015, 06:42 PM

Grin !

;)

;D

that was definitely the case Wednesday.

knothead is zap's kid. :D

Anyway, driller bite the bullet and go see a quack. Convenient care type of thing. Walk in clinics.

Cebu_4_2
13th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Crush some plantain leaves (you have these growing in your yard and driveway) and rub onto the cut.

Plantain is one of the herbs I use to stop bleeding symptoms. Takes 2 days to build platelets. Agrimonia for a quick fix. Without you will bleed bad.

gunDriller
14th August 2015, 08:11 AM
Day 9. I am reporting a little bit about other days, so I will try and ID days clearly.

The allergic reaction was moving rightwards across the face.

I had been wondering - will it make it to the ear, or not ?

Got the answer Thursday morning. The last time the allergic reaction was "All in one place" was Day 2 (2 inch diameter swelling on my left cheek).

Anyway, Day 8 (yesterday), it's mostly in the right ear. If I didn't know what it was, I'd be quite alarmed.

It's so swollen, it looks like Yoda's ear. It generally needed to increase in volume while this battle of the allergic reaction was fought there.

1/2 inch thick.

I already had a day of Romulan look-alike (looked like I cam off the set after being 50% made up as a Romulan.

The conclusion Day 8 was that my temperature was off again. It seemed premature to say the swelling was 'down' (as we agreed Day 7), given the ear being SOOO red and swollen.

Anyway, today (Day 9), the ear is still fairly impressively swollen.

My neighbor/ nurse/ medical photographer says the swelling looks like it's getting better. He says I've been getting better since Day 6, in terms of visible swelling.

Anyway, sometimes it's hard to say if I have a temperature - or maybe the house is just an oven and I need to get some ventilation.

I went to open the rear door this morning and ... a skunk went running by, right to left, its tail raised in firing position, but not at me. Probably interrupted them making Skunk love. Will try again after sun-rise.

I also put up a nature shot of some footprints. My neighbor says they are raccoons.

Cebu_4_2
14th August 2015, 09:58 AM
Yep coon prints for sure. Man your ear looks sore. Are you taking anything at all for this?

gunDriller
14th August 2015, 01:57 PM
Yep coon prints for sure. Man your ear looks sore. Are you taking anything at all for this?

No. The 2 normal medications they prescribe, antihistamines and Tylenol ... if I took
either one today, I would feel worse tomorrow.

Actually, now I can afford to feel worse tomorrow. But for about 5 days, with my temp ranging from
102 to 104, I definitely could not afford to feel any worse.

These are tracks we took this morning. My neighbor is teaching me. Once he finds a group (usually in the dust on the gravel driveway near his home) he shows me a few.

Then I find a few more in the trail, and he double-checks me.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7781&d=1439585863

Anyway, this is good news. This is a first year mother and her 2 twin does. They had been feasting on my roses and those other plants - oh yeah, TOMATOES.

Then they disappeared. I was afraid that something had happened. They were here almost every day for 2 weeks, then disappeared for about 10 days. Given the quality of the food they were helping themselves to, that didn't make sense.

Anyway, the roses recovered.

When the deer are around, they are sort of like that old TV Show "Mr Ed" (the talking Horse). Go out the back door, there they are. Walk down to get the mail, they are enjoying the shade in any one of a dozen nooks and crannies.

I've seen the babies standing alone in the shade under the pool deck.

As far as recovering after a temperature like that ... it does take time.

This morning I was holding the 3 things - sprinkler, camera, hose end.

Needed to hook up the sprinkler. Needed to put down the camera.

So I put down the sprinkler, and stood there with a camera and a hose end, like I was going to put the hose in the camera.

And that's when I was fresh :)