PDA

View Full Version : Generic rounds even in same league with coins concerning numismatic value?

GoldVault
16th August 2015, 05:18 PM
I know Engelhard - and now even Johnson Matthey - bars are good due to rarity and the collectible factor, but what about themed rounds? Do they hold their own when comparing numismatic value with coins?

Or, perhaps I'm not quite understanding the meaning of "numismatic" and if not, someone please enlighten me.

hoarder
16th August 2015, 06:04 PM
Silver and gold are rare enough. Do you want to invest in metals or premiums? I just buy any common recognizable bullion that happens to be the closest to spot at the time and take my chances on what will have higher premiums later.

Jewboo
16th August 2015, 08:14 PM
I know Engelhard - and now even Johnson Matthey - bars are good due to rarity and the collectible factor, but what about themed rounds? Do they hold their own when comparing numismatic value with coins?

Or, perhaps I'm not quite understanding the meaning of "numismatic" and if not, someone please enlighten me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/206/519906069_de5953764a_b.jpg

:rolleyes: Your first post and your sig line is a link.

GoldVault
17th August 2015, 05:11 AM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/206/519906069_de5953764a_b.jpg

:rolleyes: Your first post and your sig line is a link.

Check again. There's no hyperlink. It's words. :o

GoldVault
17th August 2015, 05:14 AM
Silver and gold are rare enough. Do you want to invest in metals or premiums? I just buy any common recognizable bullion that happens to be the closest to spot at the time and take my chances on what will have higher premiums later.

I'm leaning towards Engelhards and J Mattheys now because neither of the originals are being made anymore, and I feel like the value above spot for these should be the same across the board. I do like coins, but with rounds it seems like the most speculation because there are so many out there to meet everyone's individual interests that what I like the next guy may not. At least the bars are rare, interesting and neutral.

ximmy
17th August 2015, 09:35 AM
Generic rounds are generally worth their weight in spot; never more.

You are right, there are some exceptions. Check pricing on the bay for more collectible values.

Jewboo
17th August 2015, 10:03 AM
Buy precious metals or read about them at GoldVault.net.

Tell us more GoldVault.

:)

Serpo
17th August 2015, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE, someone please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

You will need to stay here a while for that to happen, but somehow I dont see you lasting past lunch time........

ximmy
17th August 2015, 10:53 AM
I feel abused by gold vault's pretending to be a user with valid questions. But could we have an area for dealers?

Shami-Amourae
17th August 2015, 11:02 AM
You're shocked you got banned from Kitco?
http://goldvault.net/banned-from-the-get-go-on-kitco/

Why are you posting on White Nationalist forums like GSUS?

ximmy
17th August 2015, 11:08 AM
You're shocked you got banned from Kitco?
http://goldvault.net/banned-from-the-get-go-on-kitco/

Why are you posting on White Nationalist forums like GSUS?

maybe he's one of us...

Shami-Amourae
17th August 2015, 11:12 AM
maybe he's one of us...

http://s10.postimg.org/suuwhkax5/14324644883562.jpg

Jewboo
17th August 2015, 11:45 AM
I feel abused by gold vault's pretending to be a user with valid questions. But could we have an area for dealers?

:rolleyes: Yeah...GSUS wants an area for sneaky jew gold dealers.

GoldVault Banned From the Get-Go on Kitco

Actually, I think it’s kinda funny. I was excited about this new site, found one of the most popular precious metal forums and…asked a question. I didn’t advertise at all, yet I get this…

You have been banned for the following reason:
Advertising. Contact Kitco for advertising rates.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I find humor in the fact that while they’re banning me for advertising, they’re asking me to advertise. Catch being, of course, they want to get paid for said alleged advertising. Which would be fine IF I was advertising. Well, my forum sig had a link to my website, but I’m technically just a middleman for some awesome PM and cryptocurrency sites. I also mentioned (without hyperlinking) a few places I like to shop, one of which I am NOT an affiliate for, but I still got the boot.

milehi
17th August 2015, 12:00 PM
Fuck numismatic shit. Just for shits and giggles, I walked into a semi strange coin shop with three 1997 W 1/10 PF 70 Ultra Cameo GAEs, in NGC slabs and asked what they were worth. I was offered spot. Well, close. $120. They knew I wasn't a newbie but that was their offer. I bought them years ago and don't have much of anything in slabs. This was last Friday.

Shami-Amourae
17th August 2015, 12:08 PM
I went for a lot of Junk Silver back before it was cool. I remember it was $0.05 over spot then. Now its $6.00 over spot.

All the good deals for stuff with limited supply and cheap prices are gone now.

hoarder
17th August 2015, 02:49 PM
I'm leaning towards Engelhards and J Mattheys now because neither of the originals are being made anymore, and I feel like the value above spot for these should be the same across the board.You do not invest in something because the value will be the same across the board.

You invest in silver because you think the value of silver will increase over the value of the green pieces of paper you gave for it. Why would it be any different for premiums?

SLV^GLD
21st August 2015, 08:52 AM
Once the bulk of my holdings was established I moved into simply buying each issue of Maples, Phils, Kooks, Koalas, Perth Chinese Calendar, Britannias, and the ATB Quarters. So far these collectibles have maintained their premium as the POS has slid and there is the satisfaction of maintaining a complete collection and seeing the new designs each year. Sure, in SHTF meltdown IF silver is actually a useful medium then the cheapest ounce today will return the most value on that day. But, lately, I'm coming more around to the idea that I will be handing this stuff down to my kids and grand kids. Complete collections of unique coins seem more relevant when purposed as heirlooms

ximmy
21st August 2015, 12:26 PM
Once the bulk of my holdings was established I moved into simply buying each issue of Maples, Phils, Kooks, Koalas, Perth Chinese Calendar, Britannias, and the ATB Quarters. So far these collectibles have maintained their premium as the POS has slid and there is the satisfaction of maintaining a complete collection and seeing the new designs each year. Sure, in SHTF meltdown IF silver is actually a useful medium then the cheapest ounce today will return the most value on that day. But, lately, I'm coming more around to the idea that I will be handing this stuff down to my kids and grand kids. Complete collections of unique coins seem more relevant when purposed as heirlooms

Me too, my stacking has turned into collecting...

monty
23rd October 2015, 07:56 PM
My father gave me one of these medallions in 1976. Out of curiosity I looked on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-SILVER-CARSON-CITY-NEVADA-BICENTENNIAL-HK-DOLLAR-999-FINE-GEM-PROOF-MEDAL-/331385503459

http://s19.postimg.org/41g3lutwj/image.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/w2u4zjz6r/image.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/5zmrjumeb/image.jpg

StreetsOfGold
24th October 2015, 09:20 AM
I sell gold AND silver, I have a website you can go to, yet not ONE person on this board knows about it.
Why?
I DO NOT SPAM my business!!

you know, by HIDING it in a signature file or some other slick way

monty
24th October 2015, 10:42 AM
I sell gold AND silver, I have a website you can go to, yet not ONE person on this board knows about it.
Why?
I DO NOT SPAM my business!!

you know, by HIDING it in a signature file or some other slick way

exactly what is your point? I am not selling anything. I merely used the ebay listing to show what my medallion is selling for today. Mine is not for sale at any price. The listing is not mine.

StreetsOfGold
24th October 2015, 04:43 PM
exactly what is your point? I am not selling anything. I merely used the ebay listing to show what my medallion is selling for today. Mine is not for sale at any price. The listing is not mine.

my comment was directed towards the original poster, not you :D

monty
24th October 2015, 04:53 PM
my comment was directed towards the original poster, not you :D

My apologies.

Dogman
24th October 2015, 04:57 PM
my comment was directed towards the original poster, not you :D Totally agree !

Which is a rare thing with my feelings in general with you and some others here..

The op is promoting his own site, or the site he or she is working for...

I am amazed but also understand in a way why this member was not removed after the first post, benefit of the doubt is always a good thing.

But this poster is just trying to direct business his or her way..

Hammer time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazGbzYvdPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazGbzYvdPU

;D

What disappoints me is that most of us here are on ether the hard right and much farther now let this go as far as it did.

But the back biting which is normal here is alive and well.

With no or bare tolerance for center line types here , which I am one, most of the others have been driven off by manges and others here because of the hard right and into the bazaar crazy types that think the world will accept their views, seeing a major war was fought because of thoughts that are promoted here. Which historically wise has never worked, but some dead heads keep trying and now the world is smarter and will not probably be dumb enough to try that viewpoint on a national level again.

Pay me no mind , just a guy that feels that his time is limited but has seen over the years a bunch of shit and have thought about it a bunch.

Carry on !

But mods please contain at least the op because he or she is only here to promote a business!

This forum has enough members here trying to promote their own agendas..

Said by a guy that post his thoughts here as he would do in normal life.

Charles

But also the members here are having a hoot playing with the op.

Just like cats with a toy.!

Which is also a hoot to watch...

Ignore me and carry on, just to had my comments....!

Neuro
25th October 2015, 07:50 AM
Dogman, you claim to be correct, denouncing the viewpoints of those you claim are crazy and inhumane, but I have never seen you attempt to defend your viewpoint with facts, instead rely on some type of consensus of the masses... This comes off as passive-aggressive. It doesn't seem to me that your reading is a dagger in the heart of ignorance. WWII was won by Zionism, and with that started the crushing of European values. 70 years down the line I would say their work is almost complete. The masses of European descent are incredibly ignorant, it is no accident!

Dogman
25th October 2015, 08:26 AM
Each to their own truths and viewpoints.

Neuro
25th October 2015, 08:33 AM
Each to their own truths and viewpoints.
So then why your passive aggressive posts? You criticize without stating what you object too.