PDA

View Full Version : Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume...

EE_
25th August 2015, 09:28 AM
Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume Sparks Internet Outrage: ‘Disgraceful,’ ‘Transphobic’
TV | By Joe Otterson on August 25, 2015

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/CU0uTWnyeNPMmMq1vtSlUA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MzczO2g9NDY3O2lsPX BsYW5l/https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w373/9cbcdf50e52d0ed680562099469f4f04d03fd238.png.cf.jp g

Costume company Spirit Halloween under fire after costume gets torn to shreds on social media

Costume company Spirit Halloween is facing serious backlash after offering a Caitlyn Jenner costume in time for Halloween.

The costume recreates Jenner’s look when she debuted as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair in June, complete with shorts, a padded top, a wig, and a sash that reads, “Call Me Caitlyn.”

Twitter blew with expressions of anger about the costume, with some calling it “disgraceful,” “hurtful,” and “transphobic.”

Read some of the reactions below.

Connor 'X' Hepburn @Conno129
Why would you produce a Halloween costume for @Caitlyn_Jenner? That's basically saying trans is all a joke as its only fake?

Melancholic @etherealissa
Why would anyone think a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume is a good idea?😩

Marni Panas @marnipanas
.@Caitlyn_Jenner Halloween costume: Mocking the #transgender community is degrading, disrespectful & harmful. We are humans, not jokes.

em @taeminskai
"caitlyn jenner halloween costume" time for me to backflip the fuck out of this society onto a rocket ship i am leaving for space. goodbye

Shawna Seth @shawnaseth
There’s a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume, and it’s not okay. Tell @SpiritHalloween to stop cashing in on bigotry: https://go.allout.org/en/a/caitlyn-spirit/ …

Nick Toppel @SleepPatterns
How can one explain how wrong it is to sell a "men's" Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume without burning everything in the process

andrew @andr3wc0urtn3y
The Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume is like a really bad idea

Courtney S @CeSimm16
Am I the only one who thinks that a Caitlyn Jenner inspired Halloween costume is extremely insensitive?! Wtf is wrong w/ ppl #CaitlynJenner

RJ Edwards @RJmakes
TW for transmisogyny! I just saw an ad for a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume and I hate this planet!!

RXB SPXXRS @Sonickid1234
The struggle that Caitlyn Jenner has to face isn't a Halloween costume. Whoever made this is a shitty person. pic.twitter.com/dlwP4LJraw

Neuro
25th August 2015, 09:38 AM
It may have some collectors value in the future... I wonder if Bruce would sign it?

Dogman
25th August 2015, 09:46 AM
It may have some collectors value in the future... I wonder if Bruce would sign it?

This transgender and political correctness thing makes me want to,

Gag because of the wrongness and of its destruction of what is clean and morally right.

:(

Sent from my Nexus 7

Silver Rocket Bitches!
25th August 2015, 09:52 AM
At least it's not a Jared costume with a sub coming out of his pants.

madfranks
25th August 2015, 10:02 AM
Yes, they're making fun of him/her/it. That's what people do when they dress up as different things on halloween; they are making fun of it. Get the &#(% over it.

Neuro
25th August 2015, 10:54 AM
Yes, they're making fun of him/her/it. That's what people do when they dress up as different things on halloween; they are making fun of it. Get the &#(% over it.
In the fear of making fun of anything that is not politically correct to make fun off, I say it is time to abolish Halloween. Lets have a new feast, lets call it Shalloween. Where everyone dress up like their biological gender, and act as normal as they could. And then every other day people can go back to be the public freaks they normally are!

:)

Dogman
25th August 2015, 11:08 AM
Deficiently pagan,

But instead of old fears , to out and collect candy....Zillions of dentists will love you for it !

;)

ximmy
25th August 2015, 11:12 AM
It sure is gross, seeing him when I browse through the TV channels.

Half Sense
25th August 2015, 12:17 PM
How are others supposed to know I'm transgendering if I don't have a proper costume?

Silver Rocket Bitches!
25th August 2015, 05:24 PM
Wait til they see the new wig!

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/halloween-unisex-miss-ter-olympic-wig-32562R.html

Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig
Be an advocate for the liberal agenda in this Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig!
If you cant identify as a male, throw on this brunet wig that offers a modern style and straight cut.
Complete your costume by ordering a medal that shows what used to be of the infamous Bruce Jenner.

Neuro
25th August 2015, 10:37 PM
Wait til they see the new wig!

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/halloween-unisex-miss-ter-olympic-wig-32562R.html

Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig
Be an advocate for the liberal agenda in this Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig!
If you cant identify as a male, throw on this brunet wig that offers a modern style and straight cut.
Complete your costume by ordering a medal that shows what used to be of the infamous Bruce Jenner.
Dayum... It's sold out!