PDA

View Full Version : Drones over Dolphins

Hitch
2nd September 2015, 01:58 PM
...and whales too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_f8mV5khg

Dogman
2nd September 2015, 02:10 PM
Pbs last night had a whoop te doo centered on Monterey bay.

Abt all the seals, and touched on why they were dying which was as current thought holds is the seas are too warm, and bait fish are not there, plus the seal population is so huge now that they are eating them selfs to the point there is no fish for them..

Plus showed whales going after killer whales to drive them off.

And frigging Huge pods of dolphins and huge is not big enough word to describe the number of dolphins!

Then they ended with but also included otters thru-out.

With white sharks out of the yin yang everywhere and in numbers..

The show covered all of monetary bays crescent.

Interesting !

Do you ever feel like you are a meal in waiting?

;D

Shami-Amourae
2nd September 2015, 02:15 PM
Related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ho897tbrM

Dogman
2nd September 2015, 05:18 PM
Hitch

It seems that PBS program is a series that has been running several nights now..

Your harbor is covered.. Seems that part of the filming was based out of MH... If you ask your neighbors they probably know about it, or you are aware already.

Try and find it if you want to..

Its called "Big Blue Line" https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pbs+big+blue+live

Not bad at all !

Interesting fact.

Most if not all "shear water" birds that you see, Hitch in your area really make the round trip from New Zealand and your area every year and back! 39,000 miles , not sure if one way or round trip.

Now I wonder if they earn "Frequent Flier Miles" ?

Hoot !

;)

KenJackson
2nd September 2015, 07:48 PM
The caption at the end said, "Drones are going to change how we see our world."

He's right about that! They certainly changed the way we see our enemies.

Hitch
2nd September 2015, 11:59 PM
Hitch

It seems that PBS program is a series that has been running several nights now..

Your harbor is covered.. Seems that part of the filming was based out of MH... If you ask your neighbors they probably know about it, or you are aware already.

Try and find it if you want to..

Its called "Big Blue Line" https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pbs+big+blue+live

Not bad at all !

Interesting fact.

Most if not all "shear water" birds that you see, Hitch in your area really make the round trip from New Zealand and your area every year and back! 39,000 miles , not sure if one way or round trip.

Now I wonder if they earn "Frequent Flier Miles" ?

Hoot !

;)

Thanks Dogman, I can't wait to watch this. I don't watch TV, so I never knew about this show. Very cool I can watch it online. Yes, I feel blessed to be in such a wonderful spot in God's creation. I love the ocean and nature. Thanks for this post.

Hitch
3rd September 2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks Dogman, I can't wait to watch this. I don't watch TV, so I never knew about this show. Very cool I can watch it online. Yes, I feel blessed to be in such a wonderful spot in God's creation. I love the ocean and nature. Thanks for this post.

On Father's day several years ago, I took my father whale watching. We were on a 45 foot boat.

At one point the Captain reported a false bottom on his depth sounder of 300 feet. We were in waters above the canyon, several thousand feet. The captain then reported a false bottom of 200 feet. Then 100 feet.

Everyone on board was silent, waiting. The Captain killed the main engines at 100 feet, and we all waited. Time stood still.

Next to our 45 foot boat, a 110 foot Blue Whale surfaced just next to us, to check us out. It is a memory my Dad and I cherish.

I have never felt so humbled, so small, than that moment.

Santa
4th September 2015, 07:03 AM
On Father's day several years ago, I took my father whale watching. We were on a 45 foot boat.

At one point the Captain reported a false bottom on his depth sounder of 300 feet. We were in waters above the canyon, several thousand feet. The captain then reported a false bottom of 200 feet. Then 100 feet.

Everyone on board was silent, waiting. The Captain killed the main engines at 100 feet, and we all waited. Time stood still.

Next to our 45 foot boat, a 110 foot Blue Whale surfaced just next to us, to check us out. It is a memory my Dad and I cherish.

I have never felt so humbled, so small, than that moment.

Cool memory, Hitch. Very nicely written. Thanks.

BrewTech
4th September 2015, 11:40 AM
The caption at the end said, "Drones are going to change how we see our world."

He's right about that! They certainly changed the way we see our enemies.

I'd be interested in having you define "our" enemies.