PDA

View Full Version : "That young woman was killed because the gun has no safety."

midnight rambler
10th September 2015, 06:17 AM
"This gun has no safety...(T)here is no evidence that he put his finger on the trigger...the type of handgun involved is documented for having accidental discharges."

Sure, a Sig handgun often used by LEOs is unsafe and has a history of firing by itself. Right. Fucking lying shyster bastards, I pray to God they burn in eternal fire.

http://www.guns.com/2015/09/08/this-gun-has-no-safety-says-lawyer-of-illegal-alien-in-murder-trial/

Horn
10th September 2015, 07:14 AM
Owned a p239, was highly accurate for a compact if not the most I've ever encountered.

I sold it for the very reason the first trigger pull was so heavy there was no way to balance on a first shot to second. The hammer itself was also a minor bitch to draw back.

No way was that thing misfiring even if dropped from an airplane.

Hitch
10th September 2015, 07:45 AM
We really need to close the borders. Mexico is such a hell hole, with it's corrupt gov and drug cartels, even their own citizens don't want to live there anymore. That's why they are flooding into the US. Heck their own gov kidnaps people for ransom and murders them.

.41Dave
10th September 2015, 09:29 AM
No evidence he put his finger on the trigger? I'd say three shots fired from a quality pistol that has a number of passive safeties is pretty bloody good evidence of his finger on the trigger.

BrewTech
10th September 2015, 09:33 AM
No evidence he put his finger on the trigger? I'd say three shots fired from a quality pistol that has a number of passive safeties is pretty bloody good evidence of his finger on the trigger.I'm wondering how one would compile conclusive evidence of such an event, other than direct witnesses...

Ares
10th September 2015, 10:26 AM
"That young woman was killed because the gun has no safety."

From the article:

The firearm involved in the shooting, described by the San Francisco Chronicle as a .40 caliber Glock.

Ummmm..... Yeah there is a safety on a Glock 23.

http://glockyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/IMG_03411.gif

It's right there on the trigger. Stupid gun free San Francisco. Even the dirt stupid lawyers can't tell where the safety is on a Glock.

There are actually 3 safeties built into EVERY glock.

Trigger Safety: An external integrated trigger safety lever mechanism contained within the trigger guard that prevents the trigger from moving unless the lever is depressed.[2]

Striker Safety: A spring-loaded pin attached by an extension bar to the trigger assembly blocks the striker from striking the primer of the cartridge until the trigger is pulled.[3]

Drop Safety: The far end of the same extension bar locks the striker into place from the rear until the trigger is pulled.[4]

In other words it absolutely WILL NOT FIRE unless the trigger is pulled. Let alone fire 3 times without the trigger being pulled. If I was Glock, or a distributor of Glock I would sue those lawyers for Libel.

I guess I should of read all the way to the bottom.....

Update 9/9 1:13 p.m.

Guns.com received the following communication from Tamara Barak Aparton, communication and policy Assistant with the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office:

“The weapon was not a Glock, despite being incorrectly reported as such in the old Chronicle article. It was a Sig Sauer p239 and had no safety.”

Sig’s documentation on the P239 states the gun has a “4-point safety system with decocking lever, patented automatic firing pin safety block, safety intercept notch, and trigger bar disconnector.”

Glass
10th September 2015, 11:38 AM
Guns.com received the following communication from Tamara Barak Aparton, communication and policy Assistant with the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office:

“The weapon was not a Glock, despite being incorrectly reported as such in the old Chronicle article. It was a Sig Sauer p239 and had no safety.”

Sig’s documentation on the P239 states the gun has a “4-point safety system with decocking lever, patented automatic firing pin safety block, safety intercept notch, and trigger bar disconnector.”

It is also CA Compliant.

Horn
10th September 2015, 01:20 PM
Update 9/9 1:13 p.m.
“The weapon was not a Glock, despite being incorrectly reported as such in the old Chroniclearticle. It was a Sig Sauer p239 and had no safety.”
Sig’s documentation on the P239 (http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p239.aspx) states the gun has a “4-point safety system with decocking lever, patented automatic firing pin safety block, safety intercept notch, and trigger bar disconnector.”

Twisted Titan
10th September 2015, 07:00 PM
that woman got killed not because the gun had no safety that woman was killed because she had no means to defend herself from a wolf