PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin Explodes Again: the Encouraging Takeaways for Stackers

Ares
9th November 2015, 08:24 AM
I’ve written at length about the virtues and value of silver and gold, but today I want to speak to another investment that’s getting alot of buzz right now: bitcoin. In the last month alone, bitcoin has blown through short term expectations, showing market participants some serious action in the cryptocurrency space.

It’s been awhile since it had shown signs of life that strong. For those who’ve been wondering, “why has been bitcoin’s price been exploding? Why now?”, this chart underneath holds some clues for us.

http://thewealthwatchman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Bitcoin-1.jpg

As one can see, as in most other things, when China makes a move, it reverberates for the rest of the world. China has been dabbling in Yuan devaluations over the summer, without producing any kind of pop in the price of bitcoin, but finally, after taking more aggressive stances on capital controls, and trying to prevent capital flight(in Yuan), intense interest in bitcoin rose again for those in China, and spread elsewhere.

In less than 3 months, the price of Bitcoin rose hundreds of dollars, from just under $200, to over $500 per bitcoin. That marks a rise of over 150% in under 90 days. The move showcased in this zerohedge chart is impressive, to say the least!

http://thewealthwatchman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Bitcoin.jpg

Now, it seems bitcoin’s movement was too far, too fast, and has started a retracement, as it has backed off from $500, to roughly $370 as I type. This is healthy in any market, as the unfolding of time is providing the market an opportunity to pause and digest the gains it made, in order to hopefully establish a new “floor”. If the breakout upward has more room to run(very possible), then this “pause that refreshes” is what’s needed to continue.

There are several important takeaways here for stackers, in bitcoin’s latest price spike, that I want to draw attention to. I’m doing this, because I’ve seen some in our community be rather angry or frustrated about the surge in bitcoin, while silver & gold remain very depressed in price. To my mind, this isn’t the right response…and here’s why…

Takeaways for Silver & Gold Stackers

1) The Pool of Capital:

Firstly, I want to say that though the banking cabal has successfully held the prices of precious metals in check for over 4 years, bitcoin’s sudden surge should be an enormous encouragement to stackers, not a source of frustration. Cryptos are a totally different creature than silver & gold, it’s true. One is a technology that is, and increasingly will be, used for instant transactions, while the other is a sovereign, timeless store of wealth. So comparing the two to each other is beyond comparing apples to oranges, but here’s what stackers must not forget:

This surge in bitcoin was a direct, logical response to heavy-handed government policies. That response resulted in a rush of new capital into a market with a tiny market cap of roughly $3 billion dollars. The bitcoin “pool of capital” was so small, that any newcomer stepping into those waters….displaced that water, and rose the water level for everyone.

This is precisely what WILL happen in silver. It’s true that silver’s annual market cap on the physical side is somewhat bigger than bitcoin’s currently is, but at the current spot price of $14.70 in silver….

The average annual market cap in silver is less than $15 billion. Chicken scratch.

Furthermore, when you realize that 2/3 of silver’s demand is from industry, it really reduces silver’s available investment market cap to an annual $5 billion….or precisely where bitcoin’s total market cap currently lies. Yes, there are differences, in that silver’s market does have several billion more ounces, which are waiting in the wings to be deployed into the market, but most of those ounces are not available at these price levels.

The coming surge of capital(highly elevated from current levels) will provide the same type of price explosion. Which brings me to my next point…

2)The Speed of the Price Turnaround:

Bitcoin had been in the doldrums for many months, after its surge from $100 to $1,300(or the price of a gold ounce) came hot and heavy in 2013. That previous price run was truly one for the books, but many who weren’t believers in bitcoin or the technology, dismissed it as a “one off”, saying that bitcoin was simply a “one hit wonder”and was destined for the dustbin of historical curiosities, like Teletubbies, or “Tickle-me Elmos”…

This latest price move has demonstrated that those people were wrong.

Furthermore, this current spike in bitcoin, had a character wholly unlike 2013’s price spike. For unlike bitcoin’s earlier price spike to its all-time high, this one came directly as a reactionary response to a failed, dangerous government policy. That is key. People in China looked at bitcoin as an alternate currency, which afforded many of the benefits of the Yuan, without the bureaucratic missteps, which were ‘gumming up the works’ on their national currency scene. They turned to bitcoin(and some other cryptos) logically, and not simply to “make a quick buck”.

This point is of paramount importance, because I believe it’s precisely what will cause an identical surge in the price of silver: once the big money(and plain vanilla Western investment sector) sees what governments are truly doing to annihilate wealth and purchasing power in the West, they will logically respond by finding parallel stores of value to the assets they’d been used to owning.

Silver & gold will then fulfill that need seamlessly and instantly.

At that point, just like bitcoin, when interest(and likewise, available supply) was lowest in ages, is when the surge in demand into these tiny pools of international capital will prove too great for even the Money Masters to control. This will happen very suddenly, and without warning.

Like bitcoin’s latest rally, it will happen so fast, that you may not have time to even trade it. It may happen in weeks or even days…and by the time many are done denying that the move is for real, much of the move will have passed them by.

The lesson that many in bitcoin discovered, and that silver investors will soon learn too: don’t get too smart for your own good. It pays to be positioned, correctly and patiently, which brings me to my final point today…

3)Pent Up Energy Must be Unleashed:

For 2 years, bitcoin’s price has decreased from its all-time high(of one ounce of gold), coming back down roughly 85% at its lowest point of about $150….at that point, only the “true believers” were left. All the ‘fast money’ folks were gone, CNBC had stopped talking about “virtual gold”, and Wall Street wasn’t giving bitcoin even a casual mention(at least openly).

All at once, that was over with. Bitcoin surged over 200% from the very bottom it hit in January of this year…and now seems poised to continue building on this surge after the gains are digested.

Just think: if a similar price explosion played out in silver(in percentage terms), it would see the spot price of silver reach $45 within just a few months’ time.

This happened after bitcoin’s plunge from top to bottom had taken over 1 year to play out.

Silver’s plunge, from top to bottom, has taken over 4 years(and still may not be over with yet)…while inflows of cash into silver and gold have exhibited, to all those paying attention, that silver investment demand isn’t going away. Quite the contrary, in fact. It is exploding, even without the price appreciating in dollar terms.

Now, y’all know me: I don’t make silver price predictions, nor do I attempt to divine when the price will break out, I just stick to the eventuality that silver WILL break out. This is merely an exercise in comparing the patterns, to see what is possible. Though I’m not making a prediction, I believe that a similar move in silver becomes more likely with time, the longer that the banksters keep the lid on it.

Conclusion

Silver is my key play to what the banksters are doing. Though I do own a few bitcoins, most of them are simply the result of donations made to me at this site(in the donation tab). I’ve never sold them, and don’t intend to for a good, long time. I’m going to hold onto them, because I believe that the technology is promising, and has great potential. I’m not currently buying bitcoins, because the price has moved so much in such a short space. I believe in buying the most undervalued assets, and silver remains the most undervalued asset I can think of.

As a silver stacker, I realize how frustrating it can be to watch others(who’ve waited only a fraction of the time you and I have) reap the rewards of their patience once, or even several times.

The thing to remember though, is that silver is easier to control and manipulate than bitcoin, because so many layers of fraud have been laid against it by the banking powers. This is because silver remains the greater threat to the global ponzi/debt apparatus they’ve spent centuries building.

Bitcoin, I believe, does represent a threat to physical banking establishments, if it wasn’t, then this lass wouldn’t be up to her eyeballs on the crypto/blockchain scene.

http://thewealthwatchman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Bitcoin-4.jpg

However, that threat is still somewhat distant, while silver’s threat, to my mind, is much closer at hand….hence the reason why the cabal literally spends trillions of dollars capping it each year.

Nevertheless, despite the manipulation, one old truth makes it doubly hard to be a stacker sometimes: a watched pot never boils!

Right? A process that takes a greater length of time to complete, is sometimes best left unwatched.

It’s easy to walk away from the pot you aim to boil, because, scientifically, one understands, that a pot of water placed over a roaring fire, will result in a boiling kettle 100% of the time.

Stackers need to exude this same confidence about silver and gold, because it would remove a great deal of the angst many are feeling. In times of great turmoil and trouble, silver has always done its job of protecting(and growing) the wealth of those who held onto it patiently, throughout the entire rigged price ride. Silver does “an accounting”, as Mike Maloney would say, for all the newly created government currencies, 100% of the time.

Silver, and gold are “Old Faithful”, and react, in the end, as predictably as that boiling pot will. Though the riggers have bought their precious system some time, they cannot and will not stop the pot from boiling over, due to the incessant heat placed under it by global pressures(natural and unnatural) for many decades.

Like bitcoin, silver and gold, the “Old Faithful” of the monetary world, WILL surge again, and this time, when that unbelievably enormous pressure is released, the resulting spike will have the bobbleheads at CNBC frowning for a very long time…

http://thewealthwatchman.com/bitcoin-explodes-again-the-encouraging-takeaways-for-stackers/

madfranks
9th November 2015, 09:23 AM
Like bitcoin, silver and gold, the “Old Faithful” of the monetary world, WILL surge again, and this time, when that unbelievably enormous pressure is released, the resulting spike will have the bobbleheads at CNBC frowning for a very long time…

We've been waiting a long, long time for this to happen. I wonder how much longer we have to wait. I mean, I'm not complaining that I can buy cheap silver, but damn when is this going to pay off??

Horn
9th November 2015, 09:26 AM
It should be renamed Grease Coin, it greases precious metals slide.

Ares
9th November 2015, 10:23 AM
It should be renamed Grease Coin, it greases precious metals slide.

When countries tighten capital controls it makes it incredibly difficult to get currency out of a country. Gold is notoriously difficult to get out of a country. It will set off metal detectors, it will be found if you or your valuables get frisked at a border crossing (almost a guarantee). Bitcoin is extremely valuable when wanting to move currency in and out of a country. You can keep it on a thumb drive or a blockchain.info wallet and once you cross the border log into a terminal at an internet cafe while in the country and use either a local bitcoin re-seller or local exchange to "cash out" to get currency of the local country you've fled too.

That is the value I see in Bitcoin. Gold and Silver are tried and true store of values. Bitcoin is increasingly becoming popular with getting past capital controls.

madfranks
9th November 2015, 10:41 AM
When countries tighten capital controls it makes it incredibly difficult to get currency out of a country. Gold is notoriously difficult to get out of a country. It will set off metal detectors, it will be found if you or your valuables get frisked at a border crossing (almost a guarantee). Bitcoin is extremely valuable when wanting to move currency in and out of a country. You can keep it on a thumb drive or a blockchain.info wallet and once you cross the border log into a terminal at an internet cafe while in the country and use either a local bitcoin re-seller or local exchange to "cash out" to get currency of the local country you've fled too.

That is the value I see in Bitcoin. Gold and Silver are tried and true store of values. Bitcoin is increasingly becoming popular with getting past capital controls.

You don't even need a thumb drive, just send your coins to a trusted online exchange, travel, then once on the other side, send them back to your local wallet. All you need is a password in your mind, nothing else, and you can cross any border in the world with as much money as you have.

Jewboo
9th November 2015, 11:05 AM
You don't even need a thumb drive, just send your coins to a trusted online exchange, travel, then once on the other side, send them back to your local wallet. All you need is a password in your mind, nothing else, and you can cross any border in the world with as much money as you have.

Who might that be? A "trusted online exchange" already stole Ximmy's bitcoins...

:rolleyes: naive?

madfranks
9th November 2015, 12:12 PM
Who might that be? A "trusted online exchange" already stole Ximmy's bitcoins...

:rolleyes: naive?

Fine. Back up your wallet, email it to yourself. Travel, then open your email account and download your wallet. No trusted online exchange needed, and still no need for any thumb drive or anything.

Horn
9th November 2015, 01:05 PM

So you can call it greasecoin for your reasons too,

I have mine, We agree its greasy..

ps. i have no problem with gold thru metal detectors

Hitch
9th November 2015, 01:13 PM
Bitcoin is a distraction designed to take our focus off the goal. For every FRN traded for a bitcoin, that's FRN's that could be used to buy gold and silver...and the more folks that buy gold and silver, the bigger hit it will be to the evil banks.

BTW, I agree with Book. Bitcoin must have hackers and swindlers salivating. I don't trust anything digital.

Hitch
9th November 2015, 01:17 PM
Fine. Back up your wallet, email it to yourself. Travel, then open your email account and download your wallet. No trusted online exchange needed, and still no need for any thumb drive or anything.

Email accounts can be hacked. Furthermore, I bet .gov is already reading all the emails anyway. Nothing digital is completely private.

Ares
9th November 2015, 01:23 PM
Email accounts can be hacked. Furthermore, I bet .gov is already reading all the emails anyway. Nothing digital is completely private.

2 Factor authentication for email accounts is becoming standard. Good luck hacking an email account that has 2 Factor authentication. The difficulty goes from moderate to exponential with 2F Auth.

Horn
9th November 2015, 01:37 PM

Hitch knows well enough to stay away from Crisco-coin's hidden electronic hand probe...

The only place it could be implemented effectively is in exclusive systems, its already been deemed a failure when meeting the freely infinite debt market.

Less we all have 30 terrabyte block chains inbedded into our skulls as investment.

Horn
9th November 2015, 02:03 PM
Where r yours and franks comments on that kim dotcom new internet thread that shami posted Ares?

Perhaps he was loading up on bitcoins in advance?

Ares
9th November 2015, 03:02 PM
Where r yours and franks comments on that kim dotcom new internet thread that shami posted Ares?

Perhaps he was loading up on bitcoins in advance?

Kim dot com appears to be reinventing the wheel. There is already Tor and I2P, but if he wants to make his own, more power to him.

Horn
9th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Kim dot com appears to be reinventing the wheel. There is already Tor and I2P, but if he wants to make his own, more power to him.

Oh here I thought his protocoless blockchain encrypted internet was something new.

not just another dud like those, saw him state that the $100m dollars raised to it would be in Bitcoin form.

madfranks
10th November 2015, 06:36 AM

You're right, your email can be hacked. So if you have to get your money out of the country, buy gold and silver and try to sneak it past the TSA, customs, or Border Patrol.

monty
10th November 2015, 08:08 AM
You're right, your email can be hacked. So if you have to get your money out of the country, buy gold and silver and try to sneak it past the TSA, customs, or Border Patrol.

What are the odds of someone cracking your password if you email the wallet .dat file to yourself? I think not very likely.

EE_
10th November 2015, 08:17 AM
If someone has hacked your system (computer/cell connection) and they are sitting there seeing every keystroke you make...how can you type your code, or anything anonymously?
Is this possible?

Horn
10th November 2015, 08:25 AM

Where does this fear come from of moving gold across borders?

While a stacked tube might catch the eye of a agent scanned bag, I've gone thru metal detectors with full oz. gold in my top pocket.

1/2oz and under coins grouped or scattered in any number about a bag will slide thru just as a crisco-coins might. I would hesitate to broadcast or bring thru any detectors any critical computer files.

granted anything near abouts $10k will have you itching most of the trip in any form. I've had multiple trips with near $5-6k, I even trusted the wife to hold some in her purse on one trip.

madfranks
10th November 2015, 08:37 AM
What are the odds of someone cracking your password if you email the wallet .dat file to yourself? I think not very likely.

I was being sarcastic. The chances of getting caught sneaking gold/silver out of the country are magnitudes of order higher than the chance that someone will hack your email and successfully crack your wallet passphrase. Not that any of us are in that position right now, but if someday you have to get out of dodge, you'd be a fool to put all your money in physical and try to sneak it around.

Horn
10th November 2015, 08:39 AM
If someone has hacked your system (computer/cell connection) and they are sitting there seeing every keystroke you make...how can you type your code, or anything anonymously?
Is this possible?

Yeah having over $10k on any one usb stick would freak me the fuck out anytime I'd insert it into its receptical, whats the chances it experiences some corrupt static discharge?

Any email I know of is already hacked by the NSA.

Horn
10th November 2015, 08:43 AM
I was being sarcastic. The chances of getting caught sneaking gold/silver out of the country are magnitudes of order higher than the chance that someone will hack your email and successfully

there he goes again, anything upto $9999 is not sneaking in any single trip.

I'd make sure its atleast $2k under that mark for insurance purposes.

maybe if u are some large importer/exporter of illegal goods Bitcoin makes sense to do transfers in across borders, you'd still have checked bank account on the otherside to where u were travelling to convert it into real (its what they do best in foreign countries checking how large deposits get into the system). That would also include having good banking connections to where you are traveling, something with personal individualized service, where u walk into the bank and the manager stops what he is doing.. I've relied on many different citizens and residents here to do my bidding with gold near any dealers or banks.

or if you want to move more than $10k at once have someone on the otherside waiting to receive it over the bitcoin. Still I would not feel safe unless they transfered into multiple usb sticks for later processing.

monty
10th November 2015, 09:42 AM
If you are carrying more than the 10K and fill out the declaration they shouldn't consficate it. Most likely in various jusisdictions it will be heavily taxed (consficated).

Horn
10th November 2015, 09:49 AM
If you are carrying more than the 10K and fill out the declaration they shouldn't consficate it. Most likely in various jusisdictions it will be heavily taxed (consficated).

I'm not sure if i can mention here the ways I've seen some get more than 10k over? It does not matter if you declare it or not. I think they see the u.v. dollar threads going thru bag scanners...?

the larger families are more efficient I will leave it at that.

If u operate a business where u are going its much simpler over the SWIFT

madfranks
10th November 2015, 09:51 AM
Yeah having over $10k on any one usb stick would freak me the fuck out anytime I'd insert it into its receptical, whats the chances it experiences some corrupt static discharge?

Any email I know of is already hacked by the NSA.

Redundancy. Have your wallet file on multiple USB sticks, your email, the cloud, an SD card, a CD-rom, a paper wallet, whatever and however many you want. Once you take any one of those wallet files and spend/transfer/sell the coins, if you ever loaded the redundant wallet file from any of your other redundant sources, once the wallet connects to the net and updates, it would process the previous transfer of the coins so you wouldn't just be able to re-spend them.

Horn
10th November 2015, 10:14 AM
If u operate a business where u are going its much simpler over the SWIFT

they still go back to the point of origin and check (annually or semi annually) to make sure it was properly taxed monies at the source though.

Even then I think there are bars to any single transfer or over time/period.

Horn
10th November 2015, 10:34 AM
with your luck franks some child will remove both of them from your top pocket and deposit them into the half spent glass of o.j. on the downward positioned tray table during flight.

:rolleyes:

monty
10th November 2015, 11:30 AM
they still go back to the point of origin and check (annually or semi annually) to make sure it was properly taxed monies at the source though.

Even then I think there are bars to any single transfer or over time/period.

Plus you have to fill out a million forms to prove you are not laundering drug money etc.

Horn
10th November 2015, 11:59 AM
Plus you have to fill out a million forms to prove you are not laundering drug money etc.

One banker guy here wanted me to provide certified copies of the patents from the products i would be selling here, wouldn't budge.

went with a friend to his bank and it was like grease is the word then I was in like flynn, no questions step right up.