PDA

View Full Version : Dogman ... You Near The Tennessee Colony?

palani
17th November 2015, 07:02 AM
Texas campsite massacre claims 6, including child
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/17/texas-campsite-massacre-claims-6/

This undated photo provided by the Anderson County Sheriff's Office shows William Hudson. Anderson County Sheriff Greg Taylor said Monday, Nov. 16, 2015, that Hudson was arrested and charged in relation to the weekend homicides of multiple people at a Texas campsite. (Anderson County Sheriff's Office via AP)
William Hudson. (Anderson County Sheriff’s Office via AP)

It was supposed to be a vacation spot — undeveloped land in rural Texas that could be used for camping and hunting in a part of America where roads have numbers, not names. But now, the owner of a newly purchased campsite and five other people, including a 6-year-old boy, have been killed, and a neighbor has been charged in one of the slayings after an intended victim survived to tell the tale.

It’s not clear why William Hudson, a 33-year man living in an unincorporated part of Texas about 100 miles southeast of Dallas called Tennessee Colony, allegedly took the life of at least one of a group of two out-of-town families who appeared to be enjoying new land for the first time. It’s also not clear who was killed, or how — some names and details were still unavailable. But after shots rang out early Sunday, the body count quickly mounted.

“This is the largest [homicide] I’ve seen in Anderson County,” Anderson County Sheriff Greg Taylor said, as CBS 19 reported.

Shots were first heard between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Nov. 15, as the Palestine Herald-Press reported. Around 7 a.m., police were called by Cynthia Johnson, a woman who survived the rampage and hid in the woods, only to be found alive later by the side of a road.

Authorities rushed to the scene, initially putting the number of dead at two — a man and a woman found dead in a trailer on the new property. Four males, including a child, were thought missing. However, police said they pulled those bodies from a pond behind Hudson’s house Monday afternoon, leaving police with an enormous crime scene and no immediate explanation for the carnage.

“The area of the crime is quite large,” Taylor said at a news conference as authorities prepared to investigate the campsite for the second day in a row. “It includes the area with the travel trailer to the land with the house and pond and another residence west of there. They are all in line with each other on that road.”

Among the victims — some from north Texas — were Cynthia Johnson’s husband, Carl; Thomas Kamp, who owned the property, and his girlfriend, Hannah Johnson, the daughter of Cynthia and Carl. Hannah’s Johnson’s son Kade was also among the dead. The other victims’ names were not released.

“A lot of them are family, kin to each other in various forms,” Sheriff Taylor said, as local TV station KYTX reported. “They are not from this area.”

mick silver
17th November 2015, 03:53 PM
dogman get your butt back on the forum . phone went dead . i will call later this week dog

madfranks
17th November 2015, 05:33 PM
I've never visited Tennessee Colony but I drive by it every time I find myself going to Palestine.

That's Palestine, Texas for those who don't know.

Cebu_4_2
17th November 2015, 08:13 PM
I saw Dollyworld once.

goldleaf
18th November 2015, 08:01 AM
Use to haul horses to Palestine 30 some years ago.

slvrbugjim
18th November 2015, 12:41 PM
Yep interesting place about 75% of the people in that area work for or have families that work for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDC) housing thousands of
people in dozens of facilities in the area.