PDA

View Full Version : Putin wants Russia to become world's biggest exporter of Non-GMO food

Ares
3rd December 2015, 08:48 PM
https://cdn.rt.com/files/2015.12/original/566058f9c36188092b8b45a8.jpg

Russia could become the world's largest supplier of ecologically clean and high-quality organic food, said President Vladimir Putin on Thursday. He also called on the country to become completely self-sufficient in food production by 2020.

"We are not only able to feed ourselves taking into account our lands, water resources – Russia is able to become the largest world supplier of healthy, ecologically clean and high-quality food which the Western producers have long lost, especially given the fact that demand for such products in the world market is steadily growing," said Putin, addressing the Russian Parliament on Thursday.

According to the President, Russia is now an exporter, not an importer of food.

"Ten years ago, we imported almost half of the food from abroad, and were dependent on imports. Now Russia is among the exporters. Last year, Russian exports of agricultural products amounted to almost $20 billion - a quarter more than the revenue from the sale of arms, or one-third the revenue coming from gas exports," he said.

Putin said that all this makes Russia fully capable of supplying the domestic market with home-grown food by 2020.

In September, the Kremlin decided against producing food products containing genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

Russia imposed an embargo on the supply of products from the EU and the United States as a response to Western sanctions. After Turkey shot down Russian Su-24 bomber, Russian authorities decided to ban the import of fruit, vegetables and poultry from Turkey. The ban will take effect from January 1.

https://www.rt.com/business/324605-russia-putin-healthy-food/

Neuro
3rd December 2015, 11:15 PM
What? Now he even takes on Monsanto, so that Russians can eat healthy food? His aggression knows no limit! He's got Hitlers brain implanted in him. Murderer!

singular_me
4th December 2015, 01:53 AM
well I already can predict that if the world allows this to happen, it will eventually reveal itself as another mega tyranny. It is about time that we quit admiring whatever mega structure and begin to think LOCAL, decentralization.

People dont seem to understand the non aggression principle but in fact it all starts with the wisdom and the mastery of the lessons of the past teaching as why turning our backs to whatever centralized formula is the only way to prevent war and enslavement.

non aggression principle is the nurturing principle as opposed to competition causing scarcity and also psychopathy in humans.

the world has been neglecting this for about centuries and now as a result, an extraordinary amount of force might well be needed to fight this pervasive evil.

ps: posted this article in another thread yesterday

Neuro
4th December 2015, 02:29 AM
Goldissima, if you are an organic farmer, how do you propose to protect your farm from contamination of GMO's, when the farmland next to yours use it?

mick silver
4th December 2015, 05:12 AM
there no way you can neuro two year back we had everything planted then they came alone and planted gmo corn then they came back and spray round up next to my place the wind was blowing and this shit got all over my stuff and a week later we plow every under an replanted
Goldissima, if you are an organic farmer, how do you propose to protect your farm from contamination of GMO's, when the farmland next to yours use it?

singular_me
4th December 2015, 05:31 AM

the specter of a physical action has entered the picture and becomes a choice, but thinking russia will take over the matter for our own good is an illusion, How many times have we gone through this?

20 years ago or so organic farms didnt see it come either, why? the point is to spot and stop evil before it even takes roots when seeing any potential monopoly rising on the horizon, move into the other direction right away. This is freedom 101 that should be taught in elementary schools

mick silver
4th December 2015, 05:35 AM
why an you never answer what was ask .................................................. .........Goldissima, if you are an organic farmer, how do you propose to protect your farm from contamination of GMO's, when the farmland next to yours use it?

singular_me
4th December 2015, 07:21 AM
already gave you the answer: force... not power but force as power leads to a repeat of the same errors

palani
4th December 2015, 07:59 AM
they came back and spray round up next to my place the wind was blowing and this shit got all over my stuff and a week later we plow every under an replanted

I started with Roundup in the early 80's but back then all you used it for was clearing out volunteer corn in soybean fields. The only chemical that got applied was directly to the leaf of the plant you wanted to remove.

Sure saved a lot of hand cultivating beans. Roundup later morphed into something you could spray on and it would take out everything except for the 'protected' (aka modified) plant you planned on harvesting.

Shami-Amourae
4th December 2015, 08:24 AM

The Pro-Aggression Principle.

Shami-Amourae
4th December 2015, 08:25 AM
already gave you the answer: force... not power but force as power leads to a repeat of the same errors

Violence and force solve most problems.

singular_me
4th December 2015, 09:35 AM
Violence and force solve most problems.

lets fantasize for a few secs, do you think, 1 million ppl marching on DC and asking for the impeachment of everybody wouldnt have a serious impact?

Force doesnt always imply spilling blood, but it could.

Neuro
4th December 2015, 11:03 AM
the specter of a physical action has entered the picture and becomes a choice, but thinking russia will take over the matter for our own good is an illusion, How many times have we gone through this?

20 years ago or so organic farms didnt see it come either, why? the point is to spot and stop evil before it even takes roots when seeing any potential monopoly rising on the horizon, move into the other direction right away. This is freedom 101 that should be taught in elementary schools
Is this 'advice' in any way practical to an organic farmer with a neighbor who wants to grow GMO's?

Neuro
4th December 2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks, but it still doesn't make any sense...

singular_me
5th December 2015, 06:35 AM
Thanks, but it still doesn't make any sense...

it doesnt make any sense when reasoning with the same mindset that created the problem, allowing the biotech takeover in this case.

monsanto should have been sued and dismantled decades ago...

although I dont hold my breath, maybe the monsanto international lawsuit will open the eyes of many, thats what we need. Awareness.

http://www.monsanto-tribunal.org/

Shami-Amourae
5th December 2015, 06:40 AM
lets fantasize for a few secs, do you think, 1 million ppl marching on DC and asking for the impeachment of everybody wouldnt have a serious impact?

Force doesnt always imply spilling blood, but it could.

It depends what it was. What the issue was.

Asking versus Doing.

Violence is Doing.

Marching is Asking.

Government is in power since they are violent and as a result are in charge of the Doing.

You have to be proactive to get things done, or someone will do them for you. When you ask you're at the mercy of the people hurting you. You can't deal with these people. Don't don't care about us. They care about themselves.

Neuro
5th December 2015, 12:09 PM
it doesnt make any sense when reasoning with the same mindset that created the problem, allowing the biotech takeover in this case.

although I dont hold my breath, maybe the monsanto international lawsuit will open the eyes of many, thats what we need. Awareness.

Somehow I get the idea that Russia banning GMO's doesn't sit right with you. In the west governments have signed the treaties that allow the globalist free reign, a country can't ban GMO's without breaking the treaty they have signed... Now you are saying it is too late, obviously not for Russian ecological farming...

monty
5th December 2015, 02:01 PM

I think nature will take care of Monsanto. I understand now some of their plants are beginning to fail.

It could be hearsay.

Cebu_4_2
5th December 2015, 04:39 PM
I think nature will take care of Monsanto. I understand now some of their plants are beginning to fail.

It could be hearsay.

I am on a desktop PC that I built and maintain, will do anything at all except make this forum work, how's that for technology? Figure my post if you want, looks fucked up tho.

aspect of false science from monsanto.
entire scheme is a blundered
some of the patented crops are causing real problems wit ripening also. The
mical plants are getting over run with 'super weeds' that resist roundup and various other chemicals.
Not really heresay. I read that their patented che

vacuum
5th December 2015, 05:15 PM
if you are an organic farmer, how do you propose to protect your farm from contamination of GMO's, when the farmland next to yours use it?

Growing food indoors is definitely only going to continue to be more common. Not something that would be done with grains, but vegetables for sure.

Neuro
6th December 2015, 01:33 AM
Fantastic news! Fingers crossed it doesn't bring down the heirloom varieties too through genetic contamination...