PDA

View Full Version : miss universe: black mc announces wrong winner (video)

cheka.
21st December 2015, 06:15 AM
lmao! affirmative action hire doing its thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nmqAjr0xs04

madfranks
21st December 2015, 06:57 AM
LOL, Steve Harvey's career is over.

EE_
21st December 2015, 07:16 AM
LOL, Steve Harvey's career is over.

I like Steve Harvey. The LOL part, is seeing a (no talent required) bimbo getting the crown taken away from her and handed to her competitor! LOL

Hitch
21st December 2015, 07:25 AM
I like Steve Harvey. The LOL part, is seeing a (no talent required) bimbo getting the crown taken away from her and handed to her competitor! LOL

I felt bad for her, but she handled it well. Yes, the miss universe contest is sort of a big joke, but these women live for it. It means everything to them. To actually win, then get it taken away like that, on television, is pretty rough. I wonder if it wasn't a mistake but a publicity stunt.

EE_
21st December 2015, 07:46 AM
Sounds pretty tough to qualify?

Part 1 of 5: Qualifying for Miss Universe

Meet the age requirements. Miss Universe contestants must be between the ages of 18 and 27 as of Jan. 1 in the year of they compete.
Wait to get married. Contestants may not be married or pregnant, have ever been married, had a marriage annulled or given birth to or parented a child.
Know your competition. Contestants are judged in three categories: evening gown, swimsuit, and a personality interview. There is no talent competition.
Enter the pageant. Potential contestants must apply to enter the Miss Universe pageant by applying through the national director in their respective countries. In the United States, potential contestants must first qualify for the Miss USA pageant by contacting their local state directors.

Part 2 of 5: Preparing to Compete for Miss Universe

Stay in shape. Exercise and eat healthy. Remember, Miss Universe contestants are judged on their appearance wearing a bathing suit.
While it's not a requirement to enter, most Miss USA contestants are at least 5-feet, 4-inches tall.
Pamper your skin. Don't be afraid to splurge on products that bring out the beauty of your skin, including acne-fighting cleansers and moisturizer. Avoid sun damage by applying sun screen any time you are outdoors.
Remove unwanted body hair. Most Miss Universe contestants choose waxing, as the results last for several days. You should wax several days before the pageant, but not so close to the day of the event that your skin is still visibly irritated or red from the waxing. Wax the bikini lines, armpits, legs and mustache (if you have one).
If you have never waxed before, make an appointment at least a week before the big event to see how your skin reacts to it. You can always book a follow-up appointment or shave any stubble.
Work with a pageant coach. A coach can teach you skills and ways to walk, act and look throughout a pageant. Ask your friends and fellow pageant participants for recommendations. You can also search online at pageant sites to find coaches.
Many contestants even enroll in modeling classes to work on their walk and posing.
Prepare for your interview. Educate yourself and form opinions of current and recent events around the world. Determine your platform, the cause you care most about that you will work toward during your reign should you win the pageant.
Certain types of questions commonly recur in pageant interviews. Research the most common interview questions and prepare answers for them at places like Pageant Answers.
Expect to be asked questions such as, "Who is your greatest influence?" "What is the greatest environmental issue facing the world today?" and "What constitutes true beauty?"

Part 3 of 5: Purchasing Pageant Gear

Save for wardrobe, entry fee and travel. The entry fee can be as much as $1,000, and you need a dress which can cost upwards of $5,000. Hair and make-up can cost $400 per hour. You will also need money to cover your travel costs.
Buy high-quality makeup. Don't use makeup products from discount stores. Instead, buy quality makeup from department stores and specialty shops.
Purchase your wardrobe. You will need an evening gown, a bathing suit and an outfit to wear to the preliminary interviews. You will also need shoes to accompany each outfit.
For the swimming suit, choose a solid color or black. One piece or two piece are both acceptable. Wear at the most four-inch heels that match your swimsuit.
For the evening gown, wear something that reflects your personality and fits you very well. While you might be tempted to buy online, it's better to purchase a gown you've tried on first.
For the interview, wear a neutral skirt suit or a sheath dress in a color that goes well with your skin tone. Wear matching heels.

Part 4 of 5: Behaving During the Pageant

Act appropriately. Be on your best, most ladylike behavior throughout the days of the pageant. Stand up straight at all times and smile. Do not swear, do drugs, smoke, etc. Present yourself with class and manners. You never know when a judge might be nearby.
Ace the interview. Remain calm and relaxed, yet enthusiastic and upbeat. Pretend you're talking to family or friends, but at the same time, be especially polite and appropriate. Don't show your nerves, instead stand up tall and show confidence.
At your interview, only shake the judges hand if they extend it first, and say good morning, good evening, good afternoon, whatever fits the time of day.
If standing during the interview, stand tall and proud with your back straight, shoulders back and face forward. If sitting, keep your back straight, cross your ankles and fold your hands in your lap.
Stay calm and be polite with the crew and fellow contestants. How you act backstage will reflect on how you perform onstage.
Do not get agitated if provoked. This is a common incident as jealousy and fear is experienced by all the contestants.

Part 5 of 5: Competing in the Pageant

Showcase your fitness in a bathing suit confidently. The swimsuit competition can bring some women to their breaking points as they present partially-clothed bodies to millions.
Avoid showing more than you intend by applying butt glue and sewing a piece of flesh-colored material into your swimsuit bottoms.
Wearing flesh-colored heels will not only cause you legs to appear longer, but also will not detract from your fitness and smile.
Practice posing for the swimsuit competition in front of a mirror so you know what stances present your body in the best light.
By preparing for the swimsuit competition, you will find yourself more confident when you walk across the stage.
Show your personality. During the interview, don't give the same cookie-cutter answers that judges hear from everyone. Instead, add your own personality to your answer while still providing a poised and confident response. Unique contestants will be in the forefront of judges' minds.
Present yourself elegantly. During the evening-gown competition, judges are looking for a contestant who is regal and elegant. A contestant's walk is just as important as her choice of gown. Judges score each contestant on how graceful, poised, and composed she appears.
Glide down the runway, with no bouncy movement. Practice the classic “book-on-your*-head” method for perfecting posture.
Shorter steps also help achieve the proper pageant walk.
Smile, regardless of the outcome. If you don't win, don't be mad. Take defeat with grace. Try the competition again, but remember you can only try twice, so give it your best shot the next time.

Part 6: Snag a rich guy with your looks, tits and ass, if you don't win

Look for a guy with lots of money regardless of his putrid looks
Be prepared to spread your legs on his demand, since you have no talent at anything else
Stick by his side until you know you are locked in for half his money. Be prepared to get pregnant if necessary
Try not to get caught having sex with Padro the gardner, or Rafael the pool guy
Have names of good divorce lawyers for your planned exit

Horn
21st December 2015, 07:49 AM
Miss Colombia should've requested a cage match competition for the crown,

She easily towered over and could pummel Miss Phillipines.

http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20151221/miss-universe-colombia-philippines.jpg

EE_
21st December 2015, 08:29 AM
I felt bad for her, but she handled it well. Yes, the miss universe contest is sort of a big joke, but these women live for it. It means everything to them. To actually win, then get it taken away like that, on television, is pretty rough. I wonder if it wasn't a mistake but a publicity stunt.

Hey, she got to be Miss Universe for a whole 2 minutes and 30 seconds! That's the best part of the rush of winning anyway, no?

Cebu_4_2
21st December 2015, 11:01 AM
That's about the most fucked up thing I heard about on live televitz... Steve will never live this one down.

JohnQPublic
21st December 2015, 11:07 AM
Every comedian in the world is going to work this one.

cheka.
21st December 2015, 11:45 AM
more appropriate: miss monarch slave international pageant

Cebu_4_2
21st December 2015, 12:07 PM
My wife told me they were talking about banning the Philippines from competing because they always win lol.

ximmy
21st December 2015, 01:19 PM
A mystified Wurtzbach appeared stunned as she walked to the front of the stage alongside the crown-wearing Arevalo before last year's Miss Universe from Colombia removed the crown and placed it on Wurtzbach's head.

Wurtzbach said she tried to approach Aravelo onstage afterward but the Colombian was crying and surrounded by a crowd of women. She said she realized it was, "probably bad timing."

"I did not take the crown from her," Wurtzbach told reporters after the pageant concluded, saying she wished the contestant from Colombia well and hoped the Latin American community understands that "none of this was my fault."

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/2015/12/Pia-Wurtzbach2-1222-660x371.jpg

What a fkup!

madfranks
21st December 2015, 01:21 PM
Ha ha, it gets better. He apologized on Twitter, but misspelled "Colombia" as "Columbia," LOL!

http://s12.postimg.org/9x3k8jxwd/miss_columbia.jpg

ximmy
21st December 2015, 01:23 PM
Ha ha, it gets better. He apologized on Twitter, but misspelled "Colombia" as "Columbia," LOL!

Affirmative action got him to where he is, not his brains.

GeneBlaze
21st December 2015, 01:40 PM

I take it you don't know how to spell Philippines.

boogietillyapuke
21st December 2015, 01:48 PM
Filipinos would eat roaches if they could catch em'. :cool:

BTY, I like Steve too.

madfranks
21st December 2015, 02:37 PM

Ha ha, I noticed that too, but the point was it's a double insult to the Colombians, not so much to the Filipinos.

Cebu_4_2
21st December 2015, 02:44 PM

Hahaha my wife saw that right away. So he spelled both Colombia AND Philippines wrong. It's going to take a long time for the air to clear.

mick silver
21st December 2015, 04:55 PM
miss universe get a million for that

EE_
21st December 2015, 05:07 PM
miss universe get a million for that

What Does Miss Universe Win? The 2015 Prize Includes More Than Just A Crown
a day ago ENTERTAINMENT

Though this year's prize package hasn't been announced, the current reigning Miss Universe, Paulina Vega of Colombia, got a ton of freebies. Here's what she walked away with:

The Miss Universe 2014 prize package includes: a year-long salary as Miss Universe; luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses; a one-year scholarship from the New York Film Academy; a year’s supply of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems, the makers of CHI Haircare; a new custom diamond tiara designed by DIC; a shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry Shoes; eveningwear by Sherri Hill; swimwear by Yamamay; denim by Carrera Jeans; skincare products from IMAGE Skincare; a year’s worth of sunless tanning products and services from Bold Sunless Tanning; two Business Class Round-Trip tickets to travel from USA to Asia provided by Delta; personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness and hair services from John Barrett Salon; modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha; representation by Rubenstein Public Relations; dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher; professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD and dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.; casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization; extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners; access to various New York City events including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties; year-long consultation with a fashion stylist; and access to a personal appearance wardrobe.

Shami-Amourae
21st December 2015, 05:35 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1450/67/1450678708978.jpg

Galen
22nd December 2015, 05:43 AM
How Donald trump would fix the problem.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/21/media/miss-universe-2015-donald-trump/

mick silver
22nd December 2015, 10:37 AM
both should of won after that f up . I see someone hiring a law dog

EE_
22nd December 2015, 01:23 PM
Contestants rear their ugly heads...they seemed like such nice girls?

http://www.catsadvices.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cat-fight-300x336.jpg

MISS UNIVERSE Latina Contestants Unite SCREW MISS PHILIPPINES!!!
12/22/2015 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Universe now has a raging war on its hands ... between Latina contestants and Miss Philippines.

Sources who were backstage at Sunday's pageant tell TMZ, after Steve Harvey throned and quickly de-throned Miss Colombia ... Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Costa Rica, Miss Mexico and other Latina contestants swarmed Miss Colombia to console her.

The women were NOT blaming Steve Harvey, whom they said was gracious. They were squarely and tearfully blaming Miss Philippines for the embarrassment, although no one could coherently explain why the snafu was her fault.

Some of the Latina contestants were grousing backstage ... Miss Philippines did not deserve the crown. We're told most of them snubbed the winner, not congratulating her on the victory.

We're told there has been a fierce competition between Colombia and the Philippines in the pageant's history, and it certainly reared its head Sunday night.
Shanna Moakler, a former Miss USA and pageant honcho, told us on "TMZ Live" Monday the competition between Colombia and the Philippines is extremely fierce.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/22/miss-universe-latina-contestants-miss-philippines/#ixzz3v5SDmgme

madfranks
22nd December 2015, 01:25 PM
Rumors now that the whole thing was staged, to garner more interest in the competition.

mick silver
22nd December 2015, 02:27 PM
part of jewview

cheka.
22nd December 2015, 03:56 PM
Rumors now that the whole thing was staged, to garner more interest in the competition.

including the moron's spelling issues? flies in the face of the nyc/dc media agenda(s)

Spectrism
22nd December 2015, 04:16 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if there is any legal statement that when the woman is crowned, the title changes. If they have an MC who makes a mistake, that is not her problem. He merely acts as the final judge.

The whole thing is a horrible farce to start with. This pretty much cements the reality.

Cebu_4_2
22nd December 2015, 04:21 PM
The whole thing is a horrible farce to start with. This pretty much cements the reality.

Yes, that niggers cant read and comprehend. I met a few that were way superior than me in a few subjects 95% don't fit that catagory.

steyr_m
22nd December 2015, 07:34 PM
Does anyone actually tune-in to watch this? I haven't watched Miss USA or Miss Universe since..... hmmmm, the 80's

Horn
22nd December 2015, 08:36 PM
Does anyone actually tune-in to watch this? I haven't watched Miss USA or Miss Universe since..... hmmmm, the 80's

The ratings will be tripled next year by those waiting to see if it can happen a second time.

Cebu_4_2
23rd December 2015, 04:41 AM

Nope, just watched the OP video.

mick silver
23rd December 2015, 07:21 AM
Colombia Crowns Herself
By Anthony Wile - December 22, 2015

http://www.thedailybell.com/default/includes/themes/tdb/images/printer.png (http://www.thedailybell.com/printview/params/id/36706/printview/)
http://www.thedailybell.com/default/includes/themes/tdb/images/font-size.png (javascript:void(0))
http://www.thedailybell.com/default/images/icon_feedback.png 13 (http://www.thedailybell.com/editorials/36706/Anthony-Wile-Colombia-Crowns-Herself/#disqus_thread)

As many readers and observers around the world are aware, this week featured the highly embarrassing un-crowning of a Colombian beauty queen who was mistakenly announced as the winner of the Miss Universe competition by host Steve Harvey.
And, yes, this was a very sad event for the young lady who stood there on live international television celebrating what should've been her finest achievement only to be dethroned publicly and in a rather humiliating series of events.
I personally felt awful watching the news reports of this comedy of errors unfolding. It was truly a moment that all Colombians would rather forget ... sooner rather than later.
But then again, Colombians are used to "moving on" and picking up the pieces with an optimistic "never say die" attitude. All one needs to do is look at the war on drugs and the devastating consequences that afflicted millions of people – and no group more so than Colombians.
In the early dawn of a new post-war on drugs era, it is not surprising then to see the country that suffered most positioning itself to benefit the nation's citizenry and citizens around the world by enacting legislation that can enable the country to demonstrate leadership in the global cannabis whitening process.
It is ironic perhaps that a country that has suffered so much, with hundreds of thousands of people left dead in the violent wake of the war on drugs and millions of others displaced, is now opening its universities' doors to researchers and scientists around the world in the hope of advancing medical breakthroughs by unlocking the healing power from within one of the very plants that was responsible for so much bloodshed.
President Santos, by signing a decree today that enables regulated cultivation, processing and exportation of medicinal-grade cannabis products, has provided the nation with an opportunity that no other nation in the world is more deserved to claim.
Could anyone suggest that there is a nation in this world more socially deserving and which possesses more favorable climatic and economic conditions than Colombia in which to produce large commercial quantities of naturally grown cannabis that could be further processed into medicinal-grade cannabis oil extracts?
Think about it for a minute. Colombia has a perfect climate for growing virtually anything floral. In fact, roughly 80% of all cut flowers purchased in the United States come from Colombia – and just under 20% of the world is supplied by Colombia.
Why are Florida or California or other countries not supplying the US market and the rest of the world in this multibillion-dollar cut flower industry?
The answer is simple. When you're operating near or at the equator the natural 12-hours-on/12-hours-off light cycle required to stimulate and maintain the flowering part of the cultivation cycle is constant, naturally regulated by the sun – meaning that you do not require supplemental electricity during the longest and therefore usually costliest phase of flowering plants.
And because Colombia has a variety of microclimates – subtropical, tropical, semi-arid high-elevation mountains and more all exist across Colombia – different types of flowers can be grown. So over the decades, the comparative advantages, climatically speaking, that Colombia has been naturally gifted have provided clear advantages that just can't be duplicated because some politician or bureaucrat decides that local production should occur to stimulate jobs in a regional, local economy.
And so in a world where open international trade is becoming more and more of a reality – which for Colombia has long been a reality due to its many international free-trade agreements (http://www.thedailybell.com/definitions/params/id/1960/) – we can expect to see countries like Colombia rise to dominate the global cultivation and international supply of high-quality cannabis that is naturally produced, processed and exported.
It is important to point out that Colombia benefits not just from its highly advantageous climatic conditions, but also from a highly experienced and economically competitive workforce.
Again, the full package of climatic and economic conditions together with its favorable logistics for international exportation have positioned Colombia as the leader in the North and South American multibillion-dollar cut flower industry. And considering that growing cannabis is really no more complicated than growing chrysanthemums, the established infrastructure and experienced labor force already operating in Colombia will have very little difficulty in making the transition to large commercial cannabis cultivation.
As many people around the world know, Colombia has had a long and well-established reputation for being the home of some of the world's most sought-after strains of cannabis. If you're not aware of this history do yourself a favor and just Google "Colombian Gold cannabis" and you'll quickly find a plethora of nostalgic articles and posts reminiscing about this "king of cannabis strains."
The bottom line is this: I am confident the young lady who was humiliated by the inadvertent error that temporarily crowned her Miss Universe will find strength that propels her to even greater heights in life... Because that's just what Colombians do.
It is the same strength and determination to move forward that underpins the courageous effort now officially underway to transform the way the world views Colombia and cannabis. It is about shifting global mindset from a negative perspective to one that justly reflects the mature leadership being set forth by Colombians eager to demonstrate how the cannabis plant that has brought so much death and societal destruction to their country can become the plant that enhances life when intelligently regulated and standardized.
In the essence of full disclosure, High Alert Investment Management is actively involved in providing strategic consulting services to companies seeking to become participants in helping to build this brave new future of Colombia. It is a challenge we welcome – together with our Colombian friends and business associates.
NOTE: The Daily Bell will be on holiday the next few days as we enjoy the season with our families, and will resume publishing on Monday morning. Until then, on behalf of everyone at The Daily Bell, I extend a hearty "Season's Greetings!" to all of our readers.
For those interested in reading more about Anthony Wile (http://www.thedailybell.com/definitions/params/id/2012/)'s views on the burgeoning cannabis industry, here is another article that was published yesterday at NaturalNews.com in which he was quoted: "Anthony Wile: Let the Free Market Sort This Out (http://blogs.naturalnews.com/anthony-wile-let-free-market-sort/)."

- See more at: http://www.thedailybell.com/editorials/36706/Anthony-Wile-Colombia-Crowns-Herself/#sthash.Sc1eMM1D.dpuf

Horn
23rd December 2015, 07:42 AM
You can be sure that she (the Colombian) will turn a loss into her win and squeeze it for all its worth. They aint ones to sit back and not capitalize, cunning is the word. They have colonies larger than anyone else in all these latinamerican countries. Where the others just stay or forced to stay within their borders. They make themselves available to do the dirty deeds if necessary, me thinks.

steyr_m
23rd December 2015, 08:54 AM
The ratings will be tripled next year by those waiting to see if it can happen a second time.

You might be right -- so 3,000 people in the US [and since Canada is 1/10th the pop. of the US, so 300 in Canada] might be watching next year....