PDA

View Full Version : outrage about mlk tweet, apology

cheka.
20th January 2016, 10:19 AM
wtf?

http://www.hngn.com/articles/171329/20160120/zac-efron-apologizes-insensitive-mlk-tweet-sparks-outrage-photo.htm

Zac Efron sparked outrage on social media after posting a controversial tweet on Jan. 18, which is celebrated as Martin Luther King Day.

"I'm grateful for a couple things today: Martin Luther King Jr & 10 million followers on IG," the "Dirty Grandpa" actor tweeted on Monday, a post that drew criticism from his fans for using the holiday and his Instagram follower count in the same sentence, according to People.

"@ZacEfron This is one of the most offensive/diminishing/disrespectful things anyone has said in relation to MLK today. Get over yourself," one of Efron's several followers tweeted. Another user suggested Efron delete his account for posting the offensive tweet, which has since been deleted.

Less than 24 hours later, the actor took to Instagram to apologize for his post. "I have nothing but the greatest admiration and respect for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I realize that last night's post was completely insensitive and I apologize to anyone who I may have offended. So sorry," he wrote.

madfranks
20th January 2016, 11:36 AM
What a douche bag.

ximmy
20th January 2016, 12:18 PM
I don't get it. what is he apologizing for? What is the offense?

Cebu_4_2
20th January 2016, 01:15 PM
LOL, down here they had live interviews asking stupid people about MLK and Malcolm X voting for Trump and Barry all in the same sentence. Some funny stuff if it wasn't real but it was.

madfranks
20th January 2016, 01:22 PM
I don't get it. what is he apologizing for? What is the offense?

For including himself in a tweet that also mentions the deified MLK. MLK is one of the modern deities of the progressive world, and to even mention your name along side his is a grave offense. People worship MLK. Think of a dirty commoner daring to approach the throne of the high priest. Yeah, it's like that.

ximmy
20th January 2016, 01:52 PM
For including himself in a tweet that also mentions the deified MLK. MLK is one of the modern deities of the progressive world, and to even mention your name along side his is a grave offense. People worship MLK. Think of a dirty commoner daring to approach the throne of the high priest. Yeah, it's like that.

I see... Well Then

!
Blasphemy
He should be stoned or at lease ostracized forevermore.