PDA

View Full Version : The trap door is now closing......... V

Ponce
5th March 2016, 09:11 AM
Like I said before, the price of oil will not stay down, for the greed of the bankers and the government...the price of gas was "and is" very low and the power to be is not making any money...meanwhile.....the price of food is going up so that when gas goes up the food will stay up......a double KABUMMMM in your wallet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

While the price hovers around $1.75 for an average gallon of regular gasoline nationwide, it has moved above $5.00 in one part of California. And in others, the price is just below that figure.

Gasoline has moved above $5 at a station in South San Francisco. But across much of the state, the price is around $4, according to GasBuddy. As a matter of fact, among the stations nationwide with the most expensive gas, 38 of the top 50 are in California. The high prices are not concentrated in one area. In Los Angeles and cities close by, gas prices are routinely above $3.80. Prices are also that high around San Jose and San Diego. The common thread across these pockets of high gas prices is that almost all are in big cities.

One reason gas prices are so high in parts of California is that the state has the highest average price among all states, with the exception of Hawaii. California’s average price is $2.44 per gallon. In contrast, the state with the lowest gas price is Arizona at $1.54.

As has always been the case, the primary component in the price of gas is oil prices. While it has recently recovered to $34 per barrel, the average price was below $30 less than a month ago. Changes in supply from the Middle East, Russia, Mexico and Venezuela could move prices up or down. Iran has started pumping oil. The plans of Saudi Arabia continue to hover over the market, and that probably will not change. A year ago, the price was nearly $65 a barrel.

Supply is not the only reason the price of oil has jumped up and down but still is at extremely low levels. China’s economy has started to slow, based on PMI data and other signals, which include hundreds of thousands of layoffs at some of its state-owned companies. The U.S. economy grew at only 1% in the fourth quarter of last year. There is anxiety 2016 gross domestic product will be little better than 2% as corporate earnings slide.

Proximity to oil refineries is also a factor in gas prices. The average price in states near the huge refineries south of Houston and on the Gulf of Mexico, which itself is dotted by deepwater oil drilling platforms, are some of the lowest in the nation.

Gasoline taxes by state are another factor. The average nationwide is $0.48 per gallon, according to the American Petroleum Institute. California has the fifth highest gas tax in the United States at $0.59 a gallon, which is among the reasons that gas prices are so high across the state. Residents of California face gas prices at the high end of the national average, if only for that reason.

http://247wallst.com/energy-economy/...in-california/

7th trump
5th March 2016, 09:55 AM
17 years ago I bought my house. First thing that spring I tilled up a large section of the yard for a garden and later that summer planted 10 grape plants and a trellis for them. The next summer I put in 20 rose bushes and other flowering plants to keep the garden pollinated. After that I put in a peach tree, cut down the remaining maple trees and replanted where the existing maple trees were two apple trees and an almond nut tree and this year its two fruit bearing paw-paw trees.
This year I'm putting a honey bee hive http://www.honeyflow.com/ mounted about 9ft up on the 5ft wide brick chimney. Stripping out the shrubs in front of the house and planting Goji berries (50ft in total, some under the grape trellis). In the garden I have six 9ft long oak logs that are inoculated with shiitake spores http://www.fieldforest.net/ that will produce about 30lbs of mushrooms this year alone, in the corner of the garden mixed with the asparagus are wine cap and blewit mushroom spores.
I have an ever bearing red raspberry patch, black raspberry patch along with a blackberry patch. Next to the patio will be the blue berry plants. In between the rose bushes are the container gardening that are a mix of vegetables, herbs and flowers http://www.kinsmangarden.com/category/Pamela-Crawford-Planters .
Let the high price fun begin! My neighbors all except for two said I was crazy back then...now the neighborhood is following my lead by cutting down worhless ornamental trees and planting edible fruit trees and putting in small gardens...they are integrating a garden into their landscaping. I get people driving by and taking snap shot with their phone of my yard. People stop and ask questions all the time.
This year I will be digging up a trench and installing 50ft of 3in pvc tubing that will blow in (solar powered pwm'd controlled pc fan) hot humid summer air and cool it to condense the humid air into water that will drain into a 55 gallon barrel thats underground which will supply a lot of free water for the plants. Nothing like taking an old working hand water pump from the farm and using it to pump out the water from 55 gallon barrel while most think its a nonworking yard ornament.

Joshua01
5th March 2016, 10:35 AM
17 years ago I bought my house. First thing that spring I tilled up a large section of the yard for a garden and later that summer planted 10 grape plants and a trellis for them. The next summer I put in 20 rose bushes and other flowering plants to keep the garden pollinated. After that I put in a peach tree, cut down the remaining maple trees and replanted where the existing maple trees were two apple trees and an almond nut tree and this year its two fruit bearing paw-paw trees.
This year I'm putting a honey bee hive http://www.honeyflow.com/ mounted about 9ft up on the 5ft wide brick chimney. Stripping out the shrubs in front of the house and planting Goji berries (50ft in total, some under the grape trellis). In the garden I have six 9ft long oak logs that are inoculated with shiitake spores http://www.fieldforest.net/ that will produce about 30lbs of mushrooms this year alone, in the corner of the garden mixed with the asparagus are wine cap and blewit mushroom spores.
I have an ever bearing red raspberry patch, black raspberry patch along with a blackberry patch. Next to the patio will be the blue berry plants. In between the rose bushes are the container gardening that are a mix of vegetables, herbs and flowers http://www.kinsmangarden.com/category/Pamela-Crawford-Planters .
Let the high price fun begin! My neighbors all except for two said I was crazy back then...now the neighborhood is following my lead by cutting down worhless ornamental trees and planting edible fruit trees and putting in small gardens...they are integrating a garden into their landscaping. I get people driving by and taking snap shot with their phone of my yard. People stop and ask questions all the time.
This year I will be digging up a trench and installing 50ft of 3in pvc tubing that will blow in (solar powered pwm'd controlled pc fan) hot humid summer air and cool it to condense the humid air into water that will drain into a 55 gallon barrel thats underground which will supply a lot of free water for the plants. Nothing like taking an old working hand water pump from the farm and using it to pump out the water from 55 gallon barrel while most think its a nonworking yard ornament.

Dude!!! I'm impressed!!!!

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/macgyver.jpg

milehi
5th March 2016, 02:49 PM
Gas is actually 1.42 a gallon here in Arizona.

Spectrism
5th March 2016, 05:09 PM
I put in paw paw trees long ago. Big mistake. The fruit is not storeable. It is also something you cannot eat much of without getting sick. I am starting to cut them out and replace with peach, plum or pear.

Raspberries- take alot of space for little production. I will likely cut out much of mine.

Mushrooms- no nutritional value. You are better off growing potatoes, kale, or dozens of other things.

I had many oak trees. Cut many down and planted maples 20 years ago. I like maple syrup.

7th trump
5th March 2016, 09:01 PM
I put in paw paw trees long ago. Big mistake. The fruit is not storeable. It is also something you cannot eat much of without getting sick. I am starting to cut them out and replace with peach, plum or pear.

Raspberries- take alot of space for little production. I will likely cut out much of mine.

Mushrooms- no nutritional value. You are better off growing potatoes, kale, or dozens of other things.

I had many oak trees. Cut many down and planted maples 20 years ago. I like maple syrup.
Sure about that?
Paw paws are freezable...and besides I only want the fruit fresh off the trees anyway. And they will provide the shade for other fruit bearing bushes that require just a little shade from drying out the soil.
Mushrooms do have nutritional value....a lot of vitamin B compounds and copper. The logs are on the opposite side of the veggy's where the sun doesnt quite shine through...perfect for mushroom growth.
I get about 4 flushes of raspberries a season. Almost two gallons total. Where they are at on the north side of the house nothing grows there except hosta's anyway and they only get morning sun and afternoon sun about 4 total hours of direct sun light....just enough and its always moist soil there....big plump berries.

Picture is a few years old but the garden has changed a bit since then.

I buy pure organic maple syrup from the store. It takes a butt load of sap to make a gallon which is a lot maple trees. More trees than I care to tap and boil down for the work involved.