PDA

View Full Version : marine biochemist shoots guy in idaho, goes to dc to deliver info

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:14 PM
okay....wtf?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-shooting-of-idaho-pastor-arrested-kyle-odom-police-say/

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho -- The man suspected of shooting Pastor Tim Remington, 30-year-old Kyle Odom, was arrested outside of the White House and in custody Tuesday evening in Washington D.C., police said during a press conference Tuesday evening.

Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White said Odom was apprehended outside of the White House by Secret Service. He threw several items over the White House fence, which included some flash drives and other unknown items. Hazmat and bomb teams are working to identify the items.

Meanwhile, several news outlets in Spokane received letters on Tuesday that purported to be from Odom, Coeur d'Alene police Detective Jared Reneau said. The letters, postmarked Monday, contained a sheet of paper that read "The Truth About Kyle Odom," but had nothing else written on them, Reneau said.

"We are trying to confirm their authenticity," Reneau said.

Remington and his wife have been with The Altar Church for nearly two decades, and they have specialized in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction, Padula said. The church has extensive programs, including in-patient rehabilitation, for addicts, Padula said

Odom served in the Marines from 2006-2010, winning an Iraq Campaign Medal and other awards. He rose to the rank of corporal.

Odom later graduated from the University of Idaho with a degree in biochemistry.

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:19 PM
this kid used the term 'martian"? that is old timer talk. for his entire life the term has been aliens

http://www.kxly.com/news/north-idaho-news/shooting-suspect-kyle-odom-mails-manifesto-to-media/38408886

SPOKANE, Wash. -

Someone updated Kyle Odom's Facebook account Tuesday afternoon with a cryptic message claiming that Pastor Tim Remington was a 'Martian' and had ruined his life, claiming he had shot him 12 times and no way a human could have survived.

This comes on the heels of a letter, received by KXLY, other media outlets and his parents Tuesday, which included a printed page and a thumb drive filled with an electronic manifesto of documents.

Tuesday afternoon a Facebook account for Kyle Odom was changed, adding more than four dozen people as friends, his profile picture was changed and then a message was posted about the reason for the shooting of Remington. The statement reads:

“Things are not what they appear to be. The world is ruled by ancient civilization from Mars. Pastor Tim was one of them, and he was the reason my life was ruined. I will be sharing my story with as many people as possible. I don't have time right now, they are chasing me. I shot Pastor Tim 12 times, there is no way any human could have survived that event. Anyway, I have sent my story to all the major news organizations. I have no time, I have to go.”

KXLY cannot independently verify whether or not Odom is updating the account on his own.

A letter postmarked in Spokane Monday showed up at the KXLY 4 News studio Tuesday. The return address was marked with Kyle Odom's name with a Coeur d'Alene address and the only item inside the business-sized envelope was a single page of paper titled “The Truth About Kyle Odom.”

The letter appears to have been generated on a color copier.

Odom included a thumb drive in the envelope, which KXLY has not reviewed. However Coeur d'Alene police say the thumb drive contains rambling writings in which he lays out his reasons for attacking Remington. Police say it shows the attack Sunday was not random.

Coeur d' Alene Police detectives would not say if the documents provide clues about Odom's location or if he has any plans for violence in the future. They did, however, confirm that Odom did target Remington specifically, as well as another member of Altar Church. That second church member was alerted about the situation by police and he and his family are safe.

Odom's parents received a similar letter at their Coeur d'Alene home, and his father Terry told KXLY Tuesday afternoon he had dinner with his son the night before the shooting and there was no indication his son was planning any type of attack.

Terry said the shooting took them totally by surprise and that his son is not a violent person, adding that his son probably doesn't realize the gravity of what happened in the church parking lot.

Odom is urging his son Kyle to surrender himself to police wherever he is, that his family is very concerned about his welfare and they want him safely back in Coeur d'Alene.

Odom's current whereabouts is unknown. He was last seen heading westbound out of Idaho and hasn't been seen or heard from since around 8 pm Sunday.

Remington, meanwhile, remains in the ICU at Kootenai Health, where he is listed as stable.

vacuum
8th March 2016, 10:20 PM
That's some really weird shit.

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:27 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/armed-ex-marine-sought-shooting-pastor-outside-idaho-church-n533531

Records and personal data offer little to explain why Odom might have wanted to shoot Remington.

Court records show only three minor traffic violations dating to 2002 — plus one case that is sealed in the Idaho court system, with no details available

Odom was a flight expedition technician for the Marine Corps from 2006 to 2010, based at Camp Pendleton, California. He was awarded an Iraq Campaign Medal with one star, according to the document.

Odom then entered the University of Idaho, graduating summa cum laude in biochemistry in 2014, the resumé says. University records confirm that Odom was a dean's list student who was awarded a fellowship in 2013 for advanced research in aging.

As part of the fellowship, Odom presented biomedical research at a regional conference of the National Institutes of Health. In biographical documents associated with the fellowship, Odom wrote that he planned to seek a Ph.D. in biochemistry but hadn't yet decided on an eventual career path.

White said investigators don't know what Odom has been doing since he graduated in 2014.

Shami-Amourae
8th March 2016, 10:30 PM
>Remington
>Killed with a Browning

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1456/28/1456282055865.jpg

This why Donald Trump is so dangerous. His followers are killing Cruz supporters now. He is literally Hitler. I am fasting to show my support to Cruz and pray God stops this dangerous rise of fascism.

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:30 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/03/08/suspect-in-idaho-pastor-shooting-arrested-in-dc/

There is no apparent connection between the shooting and Remington’s appearance at the Cruz rally, Padula noted. Surveillance video at the church appeared to show the suspect scoping out the church days before that event, he said.

The broadcaster could not confirm that Odom made the posting, but reported that it received a thumb drive that police said was full of rambling writings including a manifesto.

Coeur d’Alene police confirmed in a statement that Odom sent thumb drives to several news outlets and his parents, which indicated he planned to shoot another person at the church, but provided no further details.

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:34 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/08/idaho-pastor-shooting-suspect-arrested-outside-white-house/

The manifesto made references to President Obama, 50 members of Congress, dozens of Israeli officials and a second Altar Church pastor, who was placed under police protection.

John Padula, the second Altar Church pastor threatened in Odom’s letter, said Remington regained consciousness on Monday.

cheka.
8th March 2016, 10:45 PM
http://www.krem.com/news/local/kootenai-county/police-search-for-n-idaho-church-shooting-suspect/70827424

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho – Coeur d'Alene Police Department chief Lee White said the suspected shooter of a North Idaho pastor had been at the church for hours before the shooting on Sunday.

"Both services, he had been at the church here at the church on and off for a couple of days, driving around then he got here at 6:30 a.m. and our service doesn’t start until 8:30 a.m.," The Altar Reach Outreach pastor John Padula said.

White wouldn't specify how many times Remington was shot, but they said it was captured on security cameras.

"At 6:30 a.m., (He) was just kind of sitting out in his car and then drove around a little bit was walking in and out of the church and the coffee shop," Padura said. "Me and pastor had seen him, he walked right by us a few times and there were no issues, nothing."

Neuro
8th March 2016, 11:12 PM
Hallucinogens?

cheka.
9th March 2016, 03:42 AM
Hallucinogens?

if so, that was one helluva trip....literally :) 2,000 miles covered in two days

did he drive it? or slip through their airport choke point system?

cheka.
9th March 2016, 09:25 AM
the alleged manifesto: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/khq/ODOMDOCS.pdf

Joshua01
9th March 2016, 10:07 AM
>Remington
>Killed with a Browning

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1456/28/1456282055865.jpg

This why Donald Trump is so dangerous. His followers are killing Cruz supporters now. He is literally Hitler. I am fasting to show my support to Cruz and pray God stops this dangerous rise of fascism.

:rolleyes: