PDA

View Full Version : project shield: 3,600+ surveillance cameras

cheka.
14th March 2016, 08:30 AM
mobile is not that big -- 3,600?! they've achieved that since program started last year

and we used to laugh at the brits

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article65881107.html

Wynnsong 16 in Mobile will join the Project Shield program, Al.com reported. The cinema, which is own by the Georgia-owned Carmike Inc., will join a host of businesses including Bel-Air Mall as part of the department's surveillance system program called Project Shield.

The Mobile Police Department made the announcement Thursday. The complex agreed to join the new partnership between the private sector and police that allows authorities access to live security camera feeds.

Since Project Shield's inception last year, police have been able to gain access to more than 3,600 surveillance and security cameras city-wide.

mick silver
14th March 2016, 10:09 AM
I wonder how long before they write a law to make everyone in the country place a camera in there home so they can watch hell what am I saying it already done ........ cell phone

monty
14th March 2016, 12:06 PM
Smart tv, your laptop, etc..

Neuro
14th March 2016, 02:58 PM
I wonder how long before they write a law to make everyone in the country place a camera in there home so they can watch hell what am I saying it already done ........ cell phone
Don't worry Mick... Police has no access to those video/audio files. Only Jews do, and they will only use those against you if they have to, or if they benefit from it, got nothing to do with legality! :)