PDA

View Full Version : Awe shit.. Breaking: Cruz Negotiating With Trump for VP Spot

Ares
16th March 2016, 10:58 AM
A high ranking Cruz campaign official has told Elect Leaders that Sen. Cruz is in negotiations with Mr. Trump to become his Vice Presidential Nominee after Rubio dropped out Tuesday. Sen. Cruz has been the most consistent performer in primaries behind Trump. They are seeing the writing on the wall and want to negotiate from a point of strength which will evaporate over time.

The official stated Mr. Trump is interested in using Sen. Cruz’s ground game in the general election, likes his appeal to the conservative base and his stance on immigration. Of the other options for VP none hold as strong of an opinion on immigration outside of Governor Jan Brewer from Arizona who is also being considered.

Senator Cruz in exchange for his support is wanting to be named to the Supreme Court if an opening occurs while Mr. Trump is president. Mr. Trump does not see this as an issue and a small price to pay to bring Sen. Cruz his fundraisers, donors and staff on board.

http://electleaders.com/2016/02/breaking-cruz-negotiating-with-trump-for-vp-spot/

Ares
16th March 2016, 11:01 AM
Looks like it may be a bullshit story.

Ted Cruz: ‘I Have Absolutely Zero Interest’ In Being Donald Trump’s VP

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Donald Trump can cross off Sen. Ted Cruz from his vice presidential list if he captures the Republican nomination.

“I have absolutely zero interest in doing that,” the Texas senator told the “Hugh Hewitt Show.” “Donald Trump loses to Hillary [Clinton], and the answer, as you know, a lot of folks in the Washington establishment, they’re having fevered dreams right now of wanting a brokered convention.”

Cruz said Trump would be a “disaster” as the GOP presidential nominee.

“Every poll that gets done over and over again, the polls show that Hillary just obliterates Donald Trump. Over 60 percent of Americans say they’d never vote for Donald Trump, and there’s a reason the mainstream media desperately wants Donald Trump to be our nominee, why they’ve given hundreds of millions, if not billions of free advertising, because the networks execs are all liberal partisan Democrats. They’re all ready for Hillary, and they recognize that Donald Trump may be the only person on the planet that Hillary Clinton can beat in the general election,” Cruz said.

Cruz also touched on what would happen if he nor Trump had the 1,237 delegates ahead of the convention, stating there’s a “big difference” between a brokered and contested conventions.

“Look, I believe we’re going to beat Donald Trump, and I’m going to get 1,237 delegates. But the other option is that we go into the convention, and I don’t have 1,237 delegates, and Donald doesn’t have 1,237 delegates, in which case I think he and I will both have a ton of delegates, and we’ll be neck and neck,” Cruz said. “I don’t know who will be on top. But if we don’t get to 1,237, we could easily be on top, or we’ll be neck and neck. And then, you actually have the convention, the delegates decide between the candidates that have gotten a whole bunch of delegates. That’s actually the democratic process working the way it’s supposed to. And I think there, then it becomes a decision for the delegates.”

Heading into Tuesday night’s primaries, Trump leads his GOP rivals with 457 delegates. Cruz is second at 365.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/15/ted-cruz-i-have-absolutely-zero-interest-in-being-donald-trumps-vp/

vacuum
16th March 2016, 11:04 AM
Looks like it may be a bullshit story.

You don't think Lyin' Ted would say exactly that until the deal is done?

Ares
16th March 2016, 11:06 AM
You don't think Lyin' Ted would say exactly that until the deal is done?

He very well could. I wouldn't put it past him.

ximmy
16th March 2016, 11:18 AM
Ted Cruz: ‘I Have Absolutely Zero Interest’ In Being Donald Trump’s VP

You would have to work your ass off to be Trumps VP... Cruz does not want to work. Would rather be Hillary's VP.

Spectrism
16th March 2016, 12:31 PM
There is no way Cruz could be acceptable after being called:

LIAR
Canadian citizen = NOT Natural Born US Citizen

These are unpassable obstacles. Cruz is done.

midnight rambler
16th March 2016, 12:34 PM
I would lose all confidence in Trump if he were to team up with Lyin' TwisTed.

collector
16th March 2016, 12:56 PM
Same here, there's no way he'd allow his own reputation to be ruined by someone who's so disliked by so many.
I do like the idea of jan Brewer - she was great for Az and would be right in line with what he wants to do to fix this place

midnight rambler
16th March 2016, 12:59 PM
IMO, he needs someone to carry on his vision should anything happen to him, he certainly doesn't need a backstabbing LBJ or Poppy looking for an opportunity.

osoab
16th March 2016, 01:54 PM
I would lose all confidence in Trump if he were to team up with Lyin' TwisTed.

Trumps speech to AIPAC on Monday doesn't have the same effect?

osoab
16th March 2016, 01:58 PM
Same here, there's no way he'd allow his own reputation to be ruined by someone who's so disliked by so many.
I do like the idea of jan Brewer - she was great for Az and would be right in line with what he wants to do to fix this place

Jan Brewer went along with Barry Care or at least wanted the Medicare expansion.

Obamacare's unlikely ally
(http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/arizona-jan-brewer-medicaid-obamacare-092304)

madfranks
16th March 2016, 02:16 PM
we could easily be on top, or we’ll be neck and neckWho's this "we" Ted? Freudian slip?

Neuro
16th March 2016, 02:27 PM
Trumps speech to AIPAC on Monday doesn't have the same effect?
Amazing what many here are willing to accept just because it is from the Trump!

I guess we should wait and see what he says. Some underhanded jokes about renegotiating deals, would add credence to him IMHO. LOL

Cebu_4_2
16th March 2016, 04:09 PM
Amazing what many here are willing to accept just because it is from the Trump!

I guess we should wait and see what he says. Some underhanded jokes about renegotiating deals, would add credence to him IMHO. LOL

He will never get to be pres without at least some verbal ass kissing to the jews. Anyone with common sense knows this for many years.

No offence.

osoab
16th March 2016, 04:11 PM
He will never get to be pres without at least some verbal ass kissing to the jews. Anyone with common sense knows this for many years.

No offence.

He won't be prez unless he makes he way to the jerking wall. It would have to occur after the primaries.

midnight rambler
16th March 2016, 04:25 PM
Who's this "we" Ted? Freudian slip?

TwisTed is not right in the head.

Cebu_4_2
16th March 2016, 04:40 PM
He won't be prez unless he makes he way to the jerking wall. It would have to occur after the primaries.

And then he might just tell them to fuck off... He is so unpredictable

Neuro
17th March 2016, 12:09 AM
And then he might just tell them to fuck off... He is so unpredictable
It's a show...

Cebu_4_2
17th March 2016, 03:59 AM
It's a show...

The greatest show on earth!