PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff and Harry Dent Debate on Economy

Shami-Amourae
3rd April 2016, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEyqhMEABk

For the poll who do you agree with more? Peter or Harry?

guess who
3rd April 2016, 12:32 PM
As a Canadian, I can tell you that Schiff is right. Gold is $1600+ an ounce in Canadian money vs $1200 US. Gold never went down here but the CAD lost 30%! Maybe Dent is right about the US dollar staying strong but outside the US Schiff is right.

Neuro
3rd April 2016, 03:46 PM
I don't think we'll see gold below $1,000 ever again, but in the end Schiff had to throw in the anti-semitism card, for the poor persecuted Rothschild Jews controlling the London gold fix, which he said they don't... Makes it a hard choice...

Nevertheless, if you had followed the advice of any of these pundits the last 8 years you'ld have lost money. But I agree with Schiff that the current bubble is USD, but it could probably get considerably stronger before it bursts, it could take 2-3 more years IMO, but the higher it goes the bigger the implosion, and POG would probably explode then. China and India would buy with their hands and feet when/if Gold goes beneath $1050, which was the price that India bought the IMF gold at 2010, to China's anger, so I think this would be the floor...

Always hard to pinpoint the peak of a bubble, but my feeling is that the USD still has some time to go, with Euro weakness especially and the crossbuying between Fed and ECB.

Shami-Amourae
3rd April 2016, 03:59 PM
I'm probably 60/40 on Dent/Schiff, but probably lean more towards Dent since he's been right a lot lately.

Also I think the idea of governments going back to a Gold Standard is LARPing. They won't do that.

Cebu_4_2
3rd April 2016, 04:50 PM
Schiff hasn't been around much since he split from RP.