PDA

View Full Version : NASA: Higher CO2 Levels Reponsible for ‘greening’ Earth

mick silver
27th April 2016, 04:39 PM
NASA: Higher CO2 Levels Reponsible for ‘greening’ EarthSource: UPI (http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2016/04/26/NASA-Higher-CO2-levels-reponsible-for-greening-Earth/7461461702137/)

New research confirms rising CO2 levels are driving the “greening” Earth effect observed by satellites.
Greening is evidence of accelerated plant growth and heightened rates of photosynthesis. Carbon dioxide is a main source of fuel for plants — and thus, all life on Earth — and previous studies show a rise in CO2 results in plant growth.
But other sources of nutrients and external factors can accelerate photosynthesis and greening, including changes in nitrogen levels, land usage, temperature and weather.
An international team of researchers isolated each of these factors and ran them through a series of computer models. The results suggest rising CO2 levels best explain the increase in leaf cover, or greening, measured by NASA and NOAA satellites.
Read more (http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2016/04/26/NASA-Higher-CO2-levels-reponsible-for-greening-Earth/7461461702137/)

Share This Article...

Glass
27th April 2016, 08:33 PM
yes the agenda for global warming is to kill the environment, kill food.

If they were even slightly serious they would have banned soda, fizzy drinks, soda and factory beer. Get rid of energy drinks.

Neuro
27th April 2016, 08:59 PM
Now we have really done it. This is the end! Doom, doom, doom. Our last chance is to cover the sun. Hello darkness, your my friend!

vacuum
27th April 2016, 09:22 PM
It really annoys me when people talk about CO2 like it's kind of horrible pollution. It's one of the most basic building blocks for life.

cheka.
27th April 2016, 09:31 PM
actually it's the artificial clouds that are greening the earth - the aerial spraying is magnifying 'the greenhouse effect'

Joshua01
28th April 2016, 02:40 AM
Yeah, these are the same people who pulled off the moon landing hoax. another lying government agency

woodman
28th April 2016, 05:21 AM
I read in an agricultural journal the other day that one of the reasons the bees are dying off is the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere. Supposedly the goldenrod that bees depend on for winter pollen storage, doesn't produce near as much pollen with the higher CO2 levels. This is another stressor on the bees. I did not see the science behind the reasoning. It is hard for me to swallow anything scientific related to CO2 now because of the global CO2 tax scam they are trying to initiate.

JohnQPublic
28th April 2016, 06:31 AM
The Greens are not happy with the earth getting greener and supporting life? What do they want, brown, charred, black?

Glass
28th April 2016, 06:33 AM
The Greens are not happy with the earth getting greener and supporting life? What do they want, brown, charred, black?

Yes, because they are red on the inside and black in the middle.

monty
27th September 2016, 08:16 AM
Switzerland votes no to green initiative

Green initiative will not leave footprint on economy

Only 36.4% backed the initiative on Sunday, and Geneva was the only canton where a majority of voters said yes.

It appears Swiss voters were unwilling to pay the economic price to reduce the country’s ecological footprint.

The Green Party initiative wanted Switzerland to commit to achieving a sustainable use of natural resources by 2050. If everyone lived like the Swiss 2.8 times worth the Earth’s resources would be used up every year (http://origin.swissinfo.ch/eng/environmental-exploitation_earth-s-resources-already-used-up-for-2015/41600870).
To do that, the Greens argued that the government must intervene. Their initiative called for constitutional amendments requiring the government to promote research and innovation in order to improve the sustainable and efficient use of resources, as well as introduce new product regulations and tax incentives.

People’s Initiative : Green Economy

Rejected

Switzerland

Vote from 25/09/2016
Participation: 42.5%

36.4%
Voter majority required
63.6%

Cantonal majority required

Percentage
Number of votes

Interactive map on the website:

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/september-25-vote_footprint-of-green-initiative-on-swiss-economy-/42465734

Yes votes in %
Not known1020304050607080901000

Clean-tech

The Greens said by giving a boost to new technologies in the clean-tech sector – which has been recording high growth rates – Switzerland could boost its competitive edge.

Green Party reaction
“Switzerland has missed its chance to make the country a world leader in ecological reforms to the economy,” said Green Party President Regula Rytz. Despite the loss at the ballot box, Rytz said the green economy was the winner because “an important discussion about the future has begun”.

But the cabinet, as well as a large majority in both houses of parliament, were opposed.
Following the outcome, the environment minister, Doris Leuthard, said “Switzerland can now follow its path to a sustainable economy without coercive measures, but with voluntary provisions to protect the environment and climate”.

During the campaign, Leuthard, argued that “the initiative calls for too much in too short a time”.
The 2050 target could lead to far-reaching structural changes, endangering Switzerland’s highly prized competitiveness and economic growth. The cabinet prefers a staggered approach. The incentive for businesses to use resources more efficiently, Leuthard added, are cost savings and less dependency on imported supplies and goods.

Business lobby reaction
“The Swiss people have voiced their view that the Swiss economy has been green for some time,” said Hans-Ulrich Bigler, director of the association representing small- and medium-sized companies. “We’re a world leader when it comes to the use of resources and energy efficiency. Our environmental technology is in demand worldwide.”

Leuthard also said Switzerland could not act alone to achieve a green economy.

No, No, No

Since 1984, only three of nine eco-initiatives have been approved by voters. The Swiss said no three times to ending the country’s dependence on nuclear energy, and twice rejected efforts to introduce an energy tax.

In 1994, they accepted a proposal to limit the number of heavy goods vehicles crossing the Alps – an initiative which still has not been implemented, and four years ago said yes to putting a cap on the building of holiday homes.
Results vote September 25, 2016

Old age pension boost: 36.4% yes 63.6% no
Green economy: 40.6% yes 59.4% no
Intelligence service powers: 65.5% yes 34.5% no
Turnout: 42.6%

swissinfo.ch

Joshua01
27th September 2016, 08:48 AM
It really annoys me when people talk about CO2 like it's kind of horrible pollution. It's one of the most basic building blocks for life.

Without CO2 the main oxygen generators (plants, trees, etc.) would not be able to survive. No one talks about that because it doesn't fit the global warming/climate change narrative

Ares
27th September 2016, 10:48 AM
I read in an agricultural journal the other day that one of the reasons the bees are dying off is the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere. Supposedly the goldenrod that bees depend on for winter pollen storage, doesn't produce near as much pollen with the higher CO2 levels. This is another stressor on the bees. I did not see the science behind the reasoning. It is hard for me to swallow anything scientific related to CO2 now because of the global CO2 tax scam they are trying to initiate.

Anything to divert attention away from Monsanto and Glyphosate.

cheka.
27th September 2016, 12:06 PM
f-ing carbon trading. i'm going to send gore/obomba/duals a bill for having to mow my lawn more

crimethink
27th September 2016, 02:48 PM
Whenever I read an article about "global warming," I turn down the thermostat on the A/C. :)

osoab
27th September 2016, 03:49 PM
Anything to divert attention away from Monsanto and Glyphosate.

Soon to be Bayer.

Ares
27th September 2016, 04:28 PM
Soon to be Bayer.

They're probably asking if the Monsanto Protection Act, will still be in place after the purchase.

monty
27th September 2016, 05:14 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14045892_670201646482312_8400268991996526734_n.jpg ?oh=e74b3194f0b27397d9a4a7d32028b83b&oe=587E0AA7

osoab
27th September 2016, 05:22 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14045892_670201646482312_8400268991996526734_n.jpg ?oh=e74b3194f0b27397d9a4a7d32028b83b&oe=587E0AA7

Kommifornia/Jerry Land is preparing to regulate cow farts.

osoab
27th September 2016, 05:26 PM
They're probably asking if the Monsanto Protection Act, will still be in place after the purchase.

DBA will probably cover it.