PDA

View Full Version : The Lesbian Rule

palani
21st May 2016, 01:03 PM
And this is the nature of the equitable, a correction of law where it is defective owing to its universality. ... For when the thing is indefinite the rule also is indefinite, like the leaden rule used in making the Lesbian moulding; the rule adapts itself to the shape of the stone and is not rigid, and so too the decree is adapted to the facts. [Aristotle, "Nicomachean Ethics"]

Ponce
21st May 2016, 03:52 PM
Or in other words.........THE LESBIANS RULES

v

palani
21st May 2016, 04:06 PM
Or in other words.........THE LESBIANS RULES

v

The idea is that when you have the law bending to fit the facts then the law is flexible. Actual law is not flexible. Aristotle uses the concept of the lesbian rule as an analogy. Fitting actually 'cause I hold that equity is female law while the rigid version of law is masculine.

Joshua01
21st May 2016, 05:05 PM
The existence of females is why we can't have nice things

Cebu_4_2
21st May 2016, 07:13 PM
The idea is that when you have the law bending to fit the facts then the law is flexible. Actual law is not flexible. Aristotle uses the concept of the lesbian rule as an analogy. Fitting actually 'cause I hold that equity is female law while the rigid version of law is masculine.

no comment.

palani
21st May 2016, 07:34 PM
no comment.
Since you have nothing worthy of comment your expression of that state is supreme.

Ponce
21st May 2016, 07:50 PM
And talking about analogy?......... the vice president stole my "If you don't hold it, you don't own it" by saying "If you can't hold it, you don't own it"....... as a preper I say "don't" and as a government man he uses the word "can't" ....... he is looking for a fight.

V

palani
21st May 2016, 08:15 PM
he is looking for a fight.

V
You have to learn the art of agreeing. A respectful answer is "Do I look like a Commie?"

vacuum
22nd May 2016, 01:45 AM

It's like physics. You try to discover the laws that already exist. Any laws which you invent, rather than discover, aren't really laws (unless by coincidence you got lucky and guessed correctly).