PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to those in SE Texas

EE_
31st May 2016, 06:15 PM
Looks like lots more rain coming in the next 4 day. The flooding looks pretty bad now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx9741DAauI

Dogman
31st May 2016, 06:23 PM
Ain't been shabby here in NE tx ether, SE dam sure beat's us in rain but we are getting those pesky twisty winds all over the dam place around me this year, last count around 30 year to date!

ALL of east TX records are falling daily this year some that go back near 100 years or so!

Mother nature is pissed and on the rag this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7

EE_
31st May 2016, 07:08 PM
Ain't been shabby here in NE tx ether, SE dam sure beat's us in rain but we are getting those pesky twisty winds all over the dam place around me this year, last count around 30 year to date!

ALL of east TX records are falling daily this year some that go back near 100 years or so!

Mother nature is pissed and on the rag this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7

What's even worse, Texas gets to keep Ted Cruz as senator...

Ted Cruz’s Senate colleagues tell him to stay the hell away from their reelection campaigns
TOM BOGGIONI
31 MAY 2016 AT 10:38 ET

Senator Ted Cruz (Gage Skidmore/Flickr)
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

Republican senators, already facing the possibility of a tough reelection in a year that will likely see Donald Trump heading up the ticket, have something else to fear — Ted Cruz’s support.

According to The Hill, Sens. Kelly Ayotte (NH), John McCain (AZ) and Pat Toomey (PA) are all facing tough reelection bids and have told Cruz thanks, but no thanks when it comes to endorsements and campaign help.

“Uh, no,” Ayotte explained when asked if she would seek Cruz’s help. “I don’t think I’d ask anyone to come up, generally, other than I had [Sens.] Joni Ernst (IA) and Shelley Moore Capito (WV) up.”

Ayotte added, “This is about me campaigning for New Hampshire. I’m going to be focusing on my campaign for me. It’s not a reflection on him, or anyone else…he hasn’t contacted me, but I’m sure there’s a lot of different races out there.”

According to interviews with associates of Cruz, he hopes to become more involved with the campaigns of his fellow lawmakers in the hopes of building up some goodwill — presumably with an eye on the 2020 presidential campaign.

Toomey, a Republican in a state that will likely vote Democratic heavily if voters stay home out of disgust with Trump, explained that he and Cruz have their differences.

“[Cruz is] not going to into what my campaign is doing,” Toomey explained.

As for McCain, the GOP’s presidential nominee in 2000 who lost to Barack Obama, he dismissed the Texas senator with a curt, “I’m not close to Sen. Cruz.”

According to Politico, aides to Cruz believe he can be a plus to fellow senators’ campaigns after coming up short in his presidential run.

“I think politicians are practical people,” said a senior aide to Cruz.”They’re going to be pretty interested in the kind of support he can give them…I think fewer people would say they don’t want him now.”

One senator, firmly ensconced in his seat since 1981, said he would welcome support from Cruz.

“I would say since he carried Iowa in the caucus, the answer to that would be ‘yes,’” said Sen. Chuck

Comments: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/ted-cruzs-senate-colleagues-tell-him-to-stay-the-hell-away-from-their-reelection-campaigns/comments/#disqus

[b]Ted Cruz Just Wants To Help GOP Senate Buddies But They’re All Busy Washing Their Hair
By Evan Hurst - May 31, 2016 - 11:35am 219

Awwww, Ted Cruz! The man who was the most hated, most punchy-faced man in the GOP primary, has gone back to his original role as most hated, most punchy-faced man in the Senate. But maybe he can help out there, yes? Maybe he can call all his Republican colleagues in the

Senate and say, “Hey, this is Ted Cruz, and I am your despicable foreign friend and I would like to help you get re-elected! No? Why not? Did you just hang up on me?”

CRUZ, WHO NOTCHED NEARLY 12 PERCENT IN [NEW HAMPSHIRE’S] PRIMARY, COULD HELP TURN OUT THE GOP BASE FOR SEN. KELLY AYOTTE, [CRUZ ASSOCIATES HAVE] SUGGESTED.

BUT AYOTTE ISN’T INTERESTED.

“UH, NO.”

HOO BOY.

But maybe Sen. Ayotte might reconsider once she realizes how much Cruz wants …

“I don’t think I’d ask anyone to come up, generally, other than I had Joni [Ernst] and Shelley [Moore Capito] up. … This is about me campaigning for New Hampshire,” she said, when asked whether she wanted Cruz to campaign for her. “I’m going to be focusing on my campaign for me. It’s not a reflection on him, or anyone else. … He hasn’t contacted me, but I’m sure there’s a lot of different races out there.”
Listen. She brought her hot GOP chicks up to New Hampshire, but that doesn’t mean she wants Sen. Poutine Farts up there, creeping out the locals. “I’m sure there’s a lot of different races out there” = “NOT MINE, MOTHERFUCKER.”

Oh well. Maybe if Ted picks up the phone and talks to his good pal John McCain, maybe that would be …

MCCAIN, WHO HAS TANGLED WITH CRUZ REPEATEDLY, SAID HE’S HAD ONLY ONE INTERACTION WITH CRUZ SINCE HE RETURNED TO WASHINGTON A FEW WEEKS AGO, ON A DEFENSE SPENDING BILL. MCCAIN SUPPORTED IT AND CRUZ, AS HE HAS IN THE PAST, OPPOSED THE MEASURE.

“I WONDER HOW THE MEN AND WOMEN SERVING IN THE MILITARY IN TEXAS ENJOY THAT,” MCCAIN SAID. THE LONGTIME SENATOR SAID HE RARELY ASKS SURROGATES TO STUMP FOR HIM, “EXCEPT FOR PEOPLE I’M VERY CLOSE TO. AND I’M NOT CLOSE TO SEN. CRUZ.”

Yeah, remember when Panamanian-born John McCain was just asking whether Canadian-born Ted Cruz was even eligible to be president? Sounds to us like Teddy is barking up the wrong WALNUTS!!!11!!1! tree.
Also not likely to be interested in listening to Ted Cruz mouth-breathe on the stump?

SEN. PAT TOOMEY (R-PA.) REFUSED TO ENTERTAIN THE POSSIBILITY OF CAMPAIGNING ALONGSIDE CRUZ, RESPONDING THAT HE’S “NOT GOING TO GO INTO WHAT MY CAMPAIGN IS DOING.” AND SEN. ROB PORTMAN (R-OHIO), ANOTHER VULNERABLE INCUMBENT, SAID HE HADN’T THOUGHT ABOUT ENLISTING CRUZ.

Does Ted have NO FRIENDS? Of course not, he has some! First of all, he still has Jesus and his dry-drunk dad. But not in the Senate. Maybe that’s what happens when you call all your compatriots RINO assmunchers and you break Senate rules constantly and you call Mitch McConnell a big fucking liar, AND SO ON.

To be fair, there are a couple senators who are like, “Um, I guess if it’s literally the only thing left, I could let him try to help, not that I actually want to.” Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri, according to Politico, had to pause FOR A LONG TIME before acknowledging that Cruz “had a lot of Missouri supporters.” And apparently Sen. Johnny Isakson of Georgia and Sen. John Boozman of Arkansas would be OK with Ted coming to visit, probably under the condition that he doesn’t leak any of his Cruz-ness on the upholstery.

But that’s it. Everybody else, as always, would prefer Ted Cruz go fuck himself in the eyehole. See? Wonkette agrees with Republicans sometimes.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/602411/ted-cruz-just-wants-to-help-gop-senate-buddies-but-theyre-all-busy-washing-their-hair#eze3W8oK8H2K6iBD.99

cheka.
31st May 2016, 07:17 PM
thanks for the thoughts....se tx here

we are hurricane hardened knuckleheads -- only the dumbfcks are in danger. shame that the storms doesn't do more to clean out the trash

Neuro
3rd June 2016, 11:39 AM
thanks for the thoughts....se tx here

we are hurricane hardened knuckleheads -- only the dumbfcks are in danger. shame that the storms doesn't do more to clean out the trash

LOL, thanks for the laugh! Stay safe!

boogietillyapuke
3rd June 2016, 01:28 PM
SE TX has the same problem as we do here in NW FL.............there aren't any sewers in the streets for the water to go down. Everything drains to the rivers and the ability to drain is affected by the tides at the mouth of the rivers.

collector
3rd June 2016, 01:33 PM
In my part of the state, the "planned communities" planned for everything but lots of rain - always flooded