PDA

View Full Version : Went to the movies today......... V

Ponce
26th June 2016, 08:36 PM
First time in six years, went to see "Indenpendence Day", it was ok ...... but...... they were showing a lot of coming attractions and four of the five had a black individual as the main character. I can now stop going to the movies for another six years.

I then went to Wallys and saw many Mexicans, they were better dressed than the Gringos... at Wallys they keep changing the location of every thing so that I spend only 1/4 of what I do every two weeks.

Surprise, surprise.... there were only about 3 customers at the dollar store.....I can see that money is very tight. Better luck with a dime store......... we used to have one, even in Cuba.

V

madfranks
27th June 2016, 09:01 AM
I saw Independence Day yesterday too. I normally don't have too many opportunities to get out to a movie theater, so it was a nice break. What did you think of the movie Ponce? I found it to be poorly written, extremely predictable and honestly way too unbelievable. If such an advanced alien civilization truly existed and was hellbent on destroying Earth, there's no way they'd be as stupid and predictable as depicted in the movie.

Ponce
27th June 2016, 12:48 PM
As everything else...you must see everything as is and not as THEY want us to see it........if ET would come to Earth they would look like us........to mingle with a goat you would not look as a lion.....me? I am a simple retired Cuban refugee LOL.

V

Horn
27th June 2016, 02:47 PM
if ET would come to Earth they would look like us........to mingle with a goat you would not look as a lion.....me? I am a simple retired Cuban refugee LOL.

V

like this guy?

http://d3adcc0j1hezoq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Steven-Greer.jpg

Ponce
27th June 2016, 04:53 PM
Please pardon my ignorance........ who is he?

V

Joshua01
27th June 2016, 05:26 PM

V

Beats the shit out of me Ponce. Hey, how you doin' today muh man?

Joshua01
27th June 2016, 05:29 PM
I saw Independence Day yesterday too. I normally don't have too many opportunities to get out to a movie theater, so it was a nice break. What did you think of the movie Ponce? I found it to be poorly written, extremely predictable and honestly way too unbelievable. If such an advanced alien civilization truly existed and was hellbent on destroying Earth, there's no way they'd be as stupid and predictable as depicted in the movie.

The original movie is one of my favorites. It just flowed right along and I was amused. I'm rarely amused my movies. Most of them aren't worth the 2 hours of my life. I enjoyed this one because the cinematography and funny lines spread throughout the movie kept my interest.

All that blabber being said, sequels to movies like that always fail. The original had a lot of bad dialog and some bad acting.....but the dips were relatively short and the movie recovered each time

Ponce
27th June 2016, 06:14 PM
Beats the shit out of me Ponce. Hey, how you doin' today muh man?

Thank you for asking, as you know I just love to talk about myself hahahhahaaha, no really, three days ago I had to go to the emergence dept at the VA......felt really like shit, was told that there nothing that they can do, even with drugs....but.....I was 100% healthy, will live with my vertigo for another 100 years.....oh well, will need someone to fire my rifle for me WTSHTF.

Now taking the prescription of the four medication recommended by our on site Dr...it does makes me feel stronger but still dizzy

V

Glass
27th June 2016, 06:26 PM
I haven't been to the cinema in a decade or more. There's no new stories to tell. Just the same ones with different faces.

Human crisis
The hero who was white but now is latino
Independent smart mouth woman
hero is separated from his independent smart mouth woman
one or two gusty black guys you can count on to git her done
a nerd who pisses and shits him self every time a door slams shut
asian who knows ancient mystical art of <insert what ever here>
some old school dudes who did it the old fashioned way and will do it again
stupid aliens, demons, foreigners. why you come here and mess up our stuff?
USA wins, humanity is saved. hurray
throw in some hidden symbols.

They must be using an algorithm to write these scripts by now.

madfranks
27th June 2016, 06:49 PM
I haven't been to the cinema in a decade or more. There's no new stories to tell. Just the same ones with different faces.

Human crisis
The hero who was white but now is latino
Independent smart mouth woman
hero is separated from his independent smart mouth woman
one or two gusty black guys you can count on to git her done
a nerd who pisses and shits him self every time a door slams shut
asian who knows ancient mystical art of <insert what ever here>
some old school dudes who did it the old fashioned way and will do it again
stupid aliens, demons, foreigners. why you come here and mess up our stuff?
USA wins, humanity is saved. hurray
throw in some hidden symbols.

They must be using an algorithm to write these scripts by now.

So you have seen it!

Seriously, you're 99% right. In this case the primary hero is still white, but there was a full diverse team of everyone to help him.

Horn
27th June 2016, 07:23 PM

V

He is the elected pirate captain responsible for getting the government to release its information on aliens.

Steven Macon Greer (June 28, 1955) is an American retired medical doctor and ufologist (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufology) who founded the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_the_Study_of_Extraterrestrial_Intellige nce) (CSETI) and The Disclosure Project, which seeks the disclosure of allegedly suppressed UFO information (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclosure_(ufology)).