PDA

View Full Version : Shlomo Sand - 'Jews Have No Historic Connection To The Holy Land

singular_me
5th July 2016, 10:57 AM
Shlomo is a professor of history in tel aviv.

Although he sides with the holocaust, he says that government power doesnt justify it all but also the people share the blame since they feel empowered by the zionist status... same with 3rd reich germany or british imperialism, populaces just *love* the feeling of being important, leadership - or being the oppressor in the name of a so-called greater good. This nails down the collectivist aspect prevailing in beliefs.

-------------------------------------------
Shlomo Sand - 'Jews Have No Historic Connection To The Holy Land. It's A Myth'
5 July 2016 GMT
explaining statement @29mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1vCU8mZbs

Twisted Titan
5th July 2016, 02:36 PM
Of course the dont.....because they are descendants of the tribe of askenaz ....which is a bloodline of 3rd son of Noah Japeth.

Joshua01
5th July 2016, 03:09 PM
Of course the dont.....because they are descendants of the tribe of askenaz ....which is a bloodline of 3rd son of Noah Japeth.

I don't know what you just said but I'm glad you're on our side

singular_me
5th July 2016, 03:49 PM
just found an article about the OP

what the world needs is to have all cultures/races exposing the deceptions they are aware of and support one another for doing so.

-------------------------------
October 17, 2008
No one is more surprised than Shlomo Sand that his latest academic work has spent 19 weeks on Israel’s bestseller list — and that success has come to the history professor despite his book challenging Israel’s biggest taboo.

Dr Shlomo Sand argues that the idea of a Jewish nation — whose need for a safe haven was originally used to justify the founding of the state of Israel — is a myth invented little more than a century ago.

An expert on European history at Tel Aviv University, Dr Sand drew on extensive historical and archaeological research to support not only this claim but several more — all equally controversial.

In addition, he argues that the Jews were never exiled from the Holy Land, that most of today’s Jews have no historical connection to the land called Israel and that the only political solution to the country’s conflict with the Palestinians is to abolish the Jewish state.

The success of “When and How Was the Jewish People Invented?” looks likely to be repeated around the world. A French edition, launched last month, is selling so fast that it has already had three print runs.

Dr Sand’s main argument is that until little more than a century ago, Jews thought of themselves as Jews only because they shared a common religion. At the turn of the 20th century, he said, Zionist Jews challenged this idea and started creating a national history by inventing the idea that Jews existed as a people separate from their religion.

Equally, the modern Zionist idea of Jews being obligated to return from exile to the Promised Land was entirely alien to Judaism, he added.

“Zionism changed the idea of Jerusalem. Before, the holy places were seen as places to long for, not to be lived in. For 2,000 years Jews stayed away from Jerusalem not because they could not return but because their religion forbade them from returning until the messiah came.”

The biggest surprise during his research came when he started looking at the archaeological evidence from the biblical era.

“I was not raised as a Zionist, but like all other Israelis I took it for granted that the Jews were a people living in Judea and that they were exiled by the Romans in 70 AD.

more/long
http://wariscrime.com/new/shlomo-sand-when-and-how-was-the-jewish-people-invented/

Alex Drone
5th July 2016, 06:16 PM
I read his book, The Invention of the Land of Israel, a couple years back. He seems to have quite a bit of compassion. I don't remember Sands ever mentioning the "holocaust" in the book, so he may not have bought into it.

hoarder
5th July 2016, 06:32 PM
I read "The Invention of the Jewish People" by Shlomo Sand a few years ago. It covers a lot of what is in "The Thirteenth Tribe" by Arthur Koestler (also a Khazar). Both books contain a lot of damage control. "The Thirteenth Tribe" is the better of the two books, the first half being the most revealing.

Joshua01
6th July 2016, 06:52 AM
There is no holy land. It's just dirt like the rest of the planet. Billions have been slaughtered in the name of that dirt. Think about it.

7th trump
6th July 2016, 07:17 AM
There is no holy land. It's just dirt like the rest of the planet. Billions have been slaughtered in the name of that dirt. Think about it.

Spoken like a true and true atheist there Hillbilly.
Doing satans bidding by spreading lies!

History proves you wrong! Evidence found in Saudi Arabia and fenced off from public.

I bet you will not even watch the video's that show Mt Sinai, but that's fine. You'll reap your reward some day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mB5Aw14e4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI

Proof of the red sea crossing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLtdK_eqm-M

The other 10 tribes that went over the Caucasus mountains are the white Europeans...hence why they/we are called Caucasians. Became many nations just as God said He would make of them. Changed their language just as God said He would. (German Italian, French, Russian, English and so on)...all great nations full of white people blessed with innovation and technology that no other race has ever compared.

Joshua01
6th July 2016, 07:28 AM
Religion is the scourge of mankind. The concept was developed over centuries to scare and control the masses by instilling fear and guilt into the very souls of the people. I treat people as I myself want to be treated. I've harmed no one in my life unless they were a threat to myself and my family.

I conduct my life according to my beliefs and you're free to do the same. You like to hurl insults when I question things here and that's fine. I have no problems lobbing those insults back over the wall to you. I find you mildly amusing

7th trump
6th July 2016, 07:30 AM
Religion is the scourge of mankind. The concept was developed over centuries to scare and control the masses by instilling fear and guilt into the very souls of the people. I treat people as I myself want to be treated. I've harmed no one in my life unless they were a threat to myself and my family.

I conduct my life according to my beliefs and you're free to do the same. You like to hurl insults when I question things here and that's fine. I have no problems lobbing those insults back over the wall to you. I find you mildly amusing

Of course this is nothing more than your individual opinion....which means absolutely zilch...nada!
A typical of a progressive atheist....another name for a viper with a poisonous tongue.

Joshua01
6th July 2016, 07:32 AM
Of course this is nothing more than your individual opinion....which means absolutely zilch...nada!
A typical of a progressive atheist....another name for a viper with a poisonous tongue.

Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one and most of them produce shit. Remember that the next time you express YOUR opinion

7th trump
6th July 2016, 07:49 AM
Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one and most of them produce shit. Remember that the next time you express YOUR opinion

Yeah kinda like your post right?
Not producing shit, but projecting your leftist opinion on how everyone should live life according to your beliefs!
As long as you sew the seed of doubt and disbelief, I'll sew the seed of faith and hope.
Its a two way street fella. So as long as you spout your opinion I'll counter it with something people can think about....like those video's that leaves anyone knowing without a doubt theres a God and the Bible did take place...its suppressed history!
History like those video's trumps your silly doubting opinion.

Joshua01
6th July 2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah kinda like your post right?
Not producing shit, but projecting your leftist opinion on how everyone should live life according to your beliefs!
As long as you sew the seed of doubt and disbelief, I'll sew the seed of faith and hope.
Its a two way street fella. So as long as you spout your opinion I'll counter it with something people can think about....like those video's that leaves anyone knowing without a doubt theres a God and the Bible did take place...its suppressed history!
History like those video's trumps your silly doubting opinion.

You're so brave!

7th trump
6th July 2016, 09:23 AM
You're so brave!

No....its called intelligence!

Joshua01
6th July 2016, 11:12 AM
No....its called intelligence!

I love when people tell me how intelligent they are. Have you noticed all the Hillary supporters do that all the time too?