PDA

View Full Version : We own you bitchez!

midnight rambler
7th July 2016, 04:02 AM
Nearly four pages of spam? Shiite...bots been busy.

midnight rambler
7th July 2016, 04:25 AM
bots gone wild over five pages now

Ares
7th July 2016, 04:27 AM
It sucks that our 2 mods are located in time zones on the other side of America. 1 is located in Mountain time, while the other is in Pacific.

Joshua01
7th July 2016, 04:29 AM
It sucks that our 2 mods are located in time zones on the other side of America. 1 is located in Mountain time, while the other is in Pacific.

when they wake up they have some work to do.

Ban the whole country guys....it's the same spammer as yesterday...ban them all to hell!!!

Ares
7th July 2016, 04:37 AM
If anyone has MadFranks or JQP phone number, someone give them a call. All this spamming will take a toll on the Database eventually.

Ares
7th July 2016, 04:47 AM
Bump

Down1
7th July 2016, 04:51 AM
Shekels !

Ares
7th July 2016, 05:00 AM
This asshole is spamming another section of the forum as well.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-Gold-Silver-Precious-Metals

Madfranks, JQP, the forum is being spammed!!!

Joshua01
7th July 2016, 05:03 AM
This asshole is spamming another section of the forum as well.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?10-Gold-Silver-Precious-Metals

Madfranks, JQP, the forum is being spammed!!!

When they wake up they'll need to do some housekeeping. It's going to take them a while to clean up and get some preventive measures in place

Ares
7th July 2016, 05:17 AM
When they wake up they'll need to do some housekeeping. It's going to take them a while to clean up and get some preventive measures in place

Yeah this is going to take a shitload of work to clean up.

Dogman
7th July 2016, 05:23 AM
Yeah this is going to take a shitload of work to clean up.Yea !

466 posts and counting....

6 bots or so..

Twisted Titan
7th July 2016, 05:38 AM
What does the bot do?

It's just saying the same thing over and over

Ares
7th July 2016, 05:43 AM
What does the bot do?

It's just a script that the script kiddie moron (as I doubt he is even talented enough to code one himself) uses and plugs in a website. These idiots are paid to spam message boards hoping at least one person views their stupid website.

They usually don't last this long because a Mod will block the IP, delete the threads and ban the account. This asshole got lucky and did it during a time when the mods are sleeping. Why I started another thread saying we need a mod located in the Eastern time zone to help with shit like this.

Joshua01
7th July 2016, 06:04 AM
It's just a script that the script kiddie moron (as I doubt he is even talented enough to code one himself) uses and plugs in a website. These idiots are paid to spam message boards hoping at least one person views their stupid website.

They usually don't last this long because a Mod will block the IP, delete the threads and ban the account. This asshole got lucky and did it during a time when the mods are sleeping. Why I started another thread saying we need a mod located in the Eastern time zone to help with shit like this.

Yep, websites today must have 24/7 moderation to avoid these bots from consuming all the bandwidth and hijacking the forum

collector
7th July 2016, 06:20 AM
hard to imagine they actually make money doing this

boogietillyapuke
7th July 2016, 06:24 AM
I had to dig deep to even find where yesterday left off".........l...15 pages deep.

Camp Bassfish
7th July 2016, 06:29 AM
And they are making gold and silver drop too....bastards!

madfranks
7th July 2016, 06:46 AM
Ah shit, well I'm cleaning it up now, this may take a while.

PatColo
7th July 2016, 06:46 AM
What does the bot do?

I was wondering the same; the couple of their spews I checked were just jibberish; no clickable links to anywhere.

anyways I long since suggested; vBulletin has some good tools like,
- new registrees can't post more than 1 thread/reply per hour (or whatever time admin sets), until their 5th/10th/whatever-th post.
- no clickable links or images allowed in these initial posts

this lets the honest noobs join and participate immediately; while not giving spammy any chance at getting their spamsite before our eyes; at least not in clickable format. Their initial attempt(s) will quickly get flagged & them banned soon after. Meanwhile their spam = ineffective. :)

Ares
7th July 2016, 06:51 AM
Ah shit, well I'm cleaning it up now, this may take a while.

Let me know if you need a hand. :)

madfranks
7th July 2016, 07:04 AM
That was crazy! I banned six accounts, and hundreds of posts, all bots spamming from the same IP! Started around 4:30 am, mountain time. Good thing I usually check the forums in the morning, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if it was left unchecked until the afternoon!

madfranks
7th July 2016, 07:05 AM
Let me know if you need a hand. :)

I agree, another mod is a good idea, on the east coast is great, you'll be available much earlier than I usually can be.

madfranks
7th July 2016, 07:10 AM
Oh and EE, sorry but I think I accidentally deleted one of your threads in all the excitement.

Ares
7th July 2016, 07:22 AM
I agree, another mod is a good idea, on the east coast is great, you'll be available much earlier than I usually can be.

Yeah, the way the forum has been getting spammed here lately. It would definitely help having someone on the east coast who could help ban and clean up the spammers mess. He was spamming for a good 5 hours before you had a chance to ban his IP.

Glass
7th July 2016, 08:49 AM
I loaded up a throw away pc and went to one of the sites they were posting.

Was in japanese. looked like a landing site for gambling. Not sure I'd be wanting to put my money into any site pumping that kind of rubbish out. Could have been a front for something else I suppose.

I suspected it was some people looking to make their hacker wings with a new crew by hitting a site and showing off their skills. I didn't bother looking at any of the other sites addresses they were posting. The machine was starting to load up. Felt like something might be coming down the pipe so I killed it.

Down1
7th July 2016, 04:01 PM
Good work cleaning it up.

Maybe an attack based on the screen name of one of the "spammers".

Perhaps he will be bragging about it in his hacking forum soon.

Glass
7th July 2016, 04:40 PM
I still think there is something not quite right with the forum. My browser is telling me pages are not fully loading and after a couple minutes the browser is really chewing up resources.

Seems like something is damaged somewhere.

Cebu_4_2
7th July 2016, 04:47 PM
I still think there is something not quite right with the forum. My browser is telling me pages are not fully loading and after a couple minutes the browser is really chewing up resources.

Seems like something is damaged somewhere.

Add self-destucting cookis if your on firefox, helps resources big time here.

Dogman
7th July 2016, 04:48 PM

Seems like something is damaged somewhere. Feel for you and your case of nonspecific coodys ! ;D

Tho more likely something is wrong with the forum,

Big question is how in the hell did 6 spam bots get in, without vetting, and all happening within less than one hour them all joining the forum, then the spam fest begain really begain.

I watched several popup into full membership in that time..

So Glass you maybe are right and those spammers hacked and changed something in the software.. ?

Hope JohnQ and or madfranks have changed their passwords, especially JohnQ...

Glass
7th July 2016, 04:59 PM
seems to have stopped now. everything loads properly. Seems it might have been something updating in the background,

Dogman
7th July 2016, 05:01 PM
seems to have stopped now. everything loads properly. Seems I might have something updating in the background, Question still remaines how in the hell did they get in and become members, unless JohnQ opened the forum wide open to new members ?

Several very good forums do have a new member posting limit and as some have said on this thread, that would work for newbies, to give time for a mod can vet the member for unlimited posting. Other forums have a posting limit within a certain time limit, to prevent spam...

>?<

Glass
7th July 2016, 05:03 PM
I didn't think membership was restricted.

FTR: I edited my previous post a few times before I was happy with it.

Ares
7th July 2016, 07:17 PM
Damnit, that asshole is back again.

boogietillyapuke
7th July 2016, 07:42 PM
Blantent bump.

monty
7th July 2016, 07:52 PM
Looks like there may be 3 of them.

Ares
7th July 2016, 07:55 PM
JQP / Madfranks

Find another mod to help with the spamming. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Dogman
7th July 2016, 07:55 PM
Looks like there may be 3 of them.

Think more like 4. One is registering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum runner

PatColo
7th July 2016, 08:07 PM
I didn't think membership was restricted.

FTR: I edited my previous post a few times before I was happy with it.

OMG the quick reply (with quote) bug is back, where cursor jumps to the upper line mid-way through what you're typing :(

JQP used to have it where all noobs needed to be manually approved, and he had all non-US IPs auto-rejected, coz they're almost always spammers, he said. But so much for real noobs from outside US! :(

But he said he loosened that ^ late last year sometime; wasn't specific as to details.

midnight rambler
7th July 2016, 08:11 PM
What happens when you leave your doors unlocked while you're off elsewhere.

Joshua01
7th July 2016, 08:11 PM
We gotta get this bitch (GSUS) locked down! Please?

Ares
7th July 2016, 08:39 PM
JQP. Madfranks????

w.t.f

Ares
7th July 2016, 08:42 PM
Give me this fuckers IP Address, lets retaliate with a DDoS.

PatColo
7th July 2016, 08:47 PM
Give me this fuckers IP Address, lets retaliate with a DDoS.

wouldn't the final delivery be from IP of some open proxy, perhaps last of several proxy relays, so you'd just be hitting some proxy which spammy doesn't care about?

ddos'ing 500box.com & 900box.com which i see they're putting in their thread titles now would be the target to hit, no? ???

Ares
7th July 2016, 08:52 PM
wouldn't the final delivery be from IP of some open proxy, perhaps last of several proxy relays, so you'd just be hitting some proxy which spammy doesn't care about?

Only way to know would be to run a trace on the IP and see where it's coming from. If its a Proxy then yeah hammering the hell out of that address won't be of much use.

Ares
7th July 2016, 08:55 PM
Only way to know would be to run a trace on the IP and see where it's coming from. If its a Proxy then yeah hammering the hell out of that address won't be of much use.

Or here's another idea. We can start attacking the websites this asshole is spamming for us to visit? They want traffic? Fine lets generate 100GB an hour of traffic and see if they can stay online.

madfranks
7th July 2016, 09:29 PM
I cleaned it up again. I just heard from JQP that he has temporarily closed registration and is considering Ares for a new Mod position.

JohnQPublic
7th July 2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks, Madfranks. I have not been on all day, so I missed the action. I may have to randomly open and close registration like they did on GIM. Registration has quietly been open for a long time with no significant problems, but we have been discovered!

collector
7th July 2016, 09:52 PM
how about with a Mac ?

Ares
7th July 2016, 10:01 PM
how about with a Mac ?

You can use the older Low Orbit Ion cannon. One per site. It's Java based and will run on most OS's including smartphones lol

https://sourceforge.net/projects/javaloic/?source=recommended

JohnQPublic
7th July 2016, 10:01 PM
I moved a few of the posts to Board Communications.

madfranks
8th July 2016, 08:07 AM
For those of you who missed it, this is what the forum looked like yesterday, about 15 pages of this, from six different accounts:

https://s32.postimg.org/uh1fnd3cl/forum.jpg

Ares
8th July 2016, 08:12 AM
I ended up hitting that guys servers with a little over 3.7GB of data last night in about an hour. :)

madfranks
8th July 2016, 09:09 AM
I ended up hitting that guys servers with a little over 3.7GB of data last night in about an hour. :)

You da man!

Ares
8th July 2016, 09:13 AM
You da man!

If they are on a 1GB lease line I ended up costing them some money. Now if a group of us say 10-12 gsus individuals specifically targeted them and had the bandwidth I have (300mb down 20mb up) we could knock em off line for as long as we kept making bogus http get and post requests. All the while eating up every shred of bandwidth they had available. :)

madfranks
8th July 2016, 10:32 AM
I have 100 mb download internet, so I could do a little damage if I tried. I haven't downloaded that software yet though.