View Full Version : Millions of Americans at risk for harmful diseases, toxic tap water warning

singular_me
15th August 2016, 04:02 PM
amazing that they can do such a wonderful assessment while not able to prevent it.

=============
Millions of Americans at risk for cancer and other harmful diseases due to toxic tap water

Monday, August 15

More than 6 million Americans are drinking water tainted with unsafe levels of a widely used class of industrial chemicals linked to cancer and other serious health problems, a new study by Harvard University researchers has revealed.

The authors of the study found that levels of chemicals known as polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances, or PFASs, in public drinking water often exceed safety levels recommended by the federal government.

For decades, PFASs have been used in industrial and commercial products such as nonstick cookware, food wrappers, firefighting foam and for stain-proofing furniture. Long-term exposure to these chemicals has been associated with an increased risk of cancer, hormone disruption, high cholesterol and obesity.

Tap water from all over the U.S. is contaminated with heavy metals and toxins. Therefore, people should avoid drinking tap water unless it is filtered.

States where the highest levels were recorded include California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Georgia, Minnesota, Arizona, Massachusetts and Illinois.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/054981_tap_water_cancer_degenerative_disease.html# ixzz4HRdXkRcC

boogietillyapuke
15th August 2016, 04:21 PM
Whew, glad I'm headed north to Flint in the AM, they aren't on the list so's I know they have quality drinking water. ;)

singular_me
24th September 2016, 11:39 AM
every time we do not care about something/anything, the danger grows exponentially. that's a natural law. All the issues we do not care (enough) about come back like a boomerang at us with a vengeance ... and of course since the problem grows exponentially, it is projected onto the culprits or any other scapegoats... while at the center of the issue, it is a mere lack of care (interest).

I couldnt care less because I have a well in my backyard is no longer an excuse.
=====================

Potentially unsafe concentrations for two-thirds of Americans
Spurred by a groundbreaking 2010 EWG investigation that found chromium-6 in the tap water of 31 cities[6] and a Senate hearing prompted by the findings, the EPA ordered local water utilities to begin the first nationwide tests for the unregulated contaminant. From 2013 to 2015, utilities took more than 60,000 samples of drinking water and found chromium-6 in more than 75 percent of them.[7] EWG's analysis of the test data estimates that water supplies serving 218 million Americans – more than two-thirds of the population – contain more chromium-6 than the California scientists deemed safe.
http://www.ewg.org/research/chromium-six-found-in-us-tap-water
==============================

Hexavalent chromium (chromium-6) was just found in 75% of drinking water... the mass chemical suicide of America is under way
24 September 2016 GMT
Friday, September 23, 2016
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/055408_chromium-6_drinking_water_chemical_suicide.html#ixzz4LCRsXJ S6

‘An Environmental Working Group review of government water analysis data reveals that 75% of drinking water in America is contaminated with cancer-causing hexavalent chromium (also known as chromium-6). In a widely publicized report, EWG warns that 200 million Americans are right now being exposed to this toxic chemical in their water.’

http://www.naturalnews.com/gallery/640/Misc/Map-2016-Chromium6-Lower-48.jpg

But, wait... according to the lunatics selling contaminated "superfoods," chromium-6 is all just fine because it's "naturally occurring"...
Adding even more lunacy and catastrophic humor to this issue, there exist some highly unethical superfood / raw foods companies that claim eating heavy metals is GOOD for you because lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium are all "naturally occurring."

Well then, according to the EPA, chromium-6 causes cancer and it's also "naturally occurring." I guess that means you're supposed to drink more, right? From the EPA website:

Chromium-6 occurs naturally in the environment from the erosion of natural chromium deposits. It can also be produced by industrial processes. There are demonstrated instances of chromium being released to the environment by leakage, poor storage, or inadequate industrial waste disposal practices.

I guess soon, you'll see Whole Foods carrying a brand new "superfood" product called "VitaChromium Six," promoted by a young, hyperactive nitwit guru with an obedient following of brainwashed (and brain damaged) worshippers who don't realize they're all members of a chemical suicide cult. (Yeah, I said it.)

Who needs to drink the Kool-Aid when you've got super nutritious VitaChromium Six on sale at Whole Foods?

If you aren't filtering your water, you're committing chemical suicide
After becoming aware of all the toxic metals and chemicals in the drinking water these days, if you aren't filtering your water with a reputable, lab-verified water filter, you're basically participating in the chemical suicide of humanity.

Fortunately, the solution is very simple: Buy and use a reputable water filter!

Santa
24th September 2016, 04:48 PM
I'm not worried. I drink Brawndo!

crimethink
24th September 2016, 07:04 PM

You snipped his advertisement out:

At my online store, we sell the lab-verified Big Berkey gravity filter, which also doubles as an emergency system requiring no electricity whatsoever.

I've also personally tested and helped launch the AquaTru countertop filter, which removes chromium-6 and hundreds of other toxic chemicals and heavy metals.

Finally, if you want to test the heavy metals in your own water (or your supplements or even your hair!), check out this heavy metals test kit we offer, which analyzes your sample for 20 elements, including heavy metals and various trace minerals. (The kit does not, however, quantitate chromium-6.)

Yet another reason Natural News is not a legitimate news agency. Legitimate news agencies don't pretend infomercials are journalism.

singular_me
28th November 2016, 06:01 AM
Just in case you didnt know, a UN report established a while back that we only extract 10% of the word aquifers...

---------------------------
Toxic heavy metal lead found at 700 times national limit in China's water supply

Monday, November 28, 2016
(NaturalNews) Chinese officials discovered nightmarish levels of lead and mercury in Jixi, a northeastern city, last month. After testing underground water in Jixi's Liumao Village in Heilongjiang Province, researches found mercury levels nine times the national standard, reported China Central Television.

Cancer-causing lead levels were 700 times the national standard.

Heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and mercury are often found in Chinese food exports. The occurrence of heavy metals found in Chinese exports is the result of extreme environmental pollution. One of the nation's leading culprits for pollution is the graphite-mining industry, in which China is the leading producer, providing 70 percent of the world's supply.

Health Ranger Mike Adams made a recent appearance on The Dr. Oz Show educating the public regarding dangerous heavy metals found in protein powders, herbs and superfoods grown in polluted nations like China.

A HYPERLINK FROM ARTICLE
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nation/Officials-turn-blind-eye-to-polluters/shdaily.shtml

Toxic heavy metal lead found at 700 times national limit in China's water supply

Monday, November 28, 2016 by: Julie Wilson staff writer
Tags: China, water supply, heavy metals
11Shares
China
(NaturalNews) Chinese officials discovered nightmarish levels of lead and mercury in Jixi, a northeastern city, last month. After testing underground water in Jixi's Liumao Village in Heilongjiang Province, researches found mercury levels nine times the national standard, reported China Central Television.

Cancer-causing lead levels were 700 times the national standard.

Heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and mercury are often found in Chinese food exports. The occurrence of heavy metals found in Chinese exports is the result of extreme environmental pollution. One of the nation's leading culprits for pollution is the graphite-mining industry, in which China is the leading producer, providing 70 percent of the world's supply.

Health Ranger Mike Adams made a recent appearance on The Dr. Oz Show educating the public regarding dangerous heavy metals found in protein powders, herbs and superfoods grown in polluted nations like China.

Through lab testing, Mike discovered that rice protein, a main ingredient in protein shakes, was frequently contaminated with toxic heavy metals. These include lead, mercury, cadmium and one metal rarely tested for, tungsten.

Rice protein grown in California tested within the state's recommended levels of 0.5 mcg; imported rice protein from China tested at levels 20 times that limit.

"The FDA does not require organic foods to be tested for heavy metals," warned Mike.

Money over nature and health

Residents near Jixi say officials go to great lengths to protect graphite-mining companies, despite their knowledge that it's contaminating native air and water.

Graphite mining has become extremely lucrative over the years due to a growing demand for lithium batteries. Lithium batteries are used to power laptop computers, smart phones and electric cars, including Tesla's Model S and Toyota's plug-in Prius.

The value of graphite has skyrocketed, with a ton selling for 2,500 Yuan in 2010 or US $400. It's currently valued at 6,000 Yuan, or US $960.

Battery plants destroying the environment

Chinese authorities have closed nearly 30 percent of graphite-mining plants due environmental-impact violations, and while this has lessened environmental impacts, it's also affected a world economy built around technology. The pollution has caused smog, contaminated water and even damaged crops, creating major health concerns.

Nearly one mile from the mining plant near Jixi lie ash-covered rivers, homes and fields. "We have to bring in clothes put out to dry while they are still wet, otherwise they're covered in ash," said an elderly villager.

Another villager said they know the ash has contaminated the water, but they have no other resources, forcing them to drink it.

"If you shine a torch in the evening, you see graphite ash falling like snowflakes on the fields," said another villager.

http://www.naturalnews.com/056164_China_water_supply_heavy_metals.html

palani
28th November 2016, 06:03 AM
If there is no 'America' then who are the Americans at risk of disease?

Joshua01
28th November 2016, 06:09 AM
You snipped his advertisement out:

At my online store, we sell the lab-verified Big Berkey gravity filter, which also doubles as an emergency system requiring no electricity whatsoever.

I've also personally tested and helped launch the AquaTru countertop filter, which removes chromium-6 and hundreds of other toxic chemicals and heavy metals.

Finally, if you want to test the heavy metals in your own water (or your supplements or even your hair!), check out this heavy metals test kit we offer, which analyzes your sample for 20 elements, including heavy metals and various trace minerals. (The kit does not, however, quantitate chromium-6.)

Yet another reason Natural News is not a legitimate news agency. Legitimate news agencies don't pretend infomercials are journalism.

Yep! Just another common peddler selling his wares!

Cebu_4_2
28th November 2016, 11:51 AM
$150 for a single test...

ximmy
28th November 2016, 12:04 PM
I filter my tap water with RapidPure and AquaCera filters.

Shami-Amourae
28th November 2016, 12:06 PM
I filter my tap water with RapidPure and AquaCera filters.
Get reverse osmosis for your sink. It's far cheaper and works way better than anything else.

There are portable units that are just over $100.

ximmy
28th November 2016, 12:10 PM
I use two 5 gallon buckets. I can make 5 gals a day with my gravity filters.

You should look up (investigate) Rapid Pure... I did. It's a newer design...

The AquaCera captures fluoride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhY7ditJzpU

crimethink
28th November 2016, 09:13 PM
Shami is right to endorse RO.