PDA

View Full Version : Billionaires deliver the warning of 'bedlam' market doom....good article.

Hitch
15th September 2016, 04:32 PM
http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/forget-alpha-billionaires-deliver-bedlam-warnings-instead-81819?em=invest%40dieverts.com&utm_campaign=MAM3595a&campid=55676&utm_medium=email

Yesterday was CNBC’s annual “Delivering Alpha” conference at the Pierre Hotel in New York City. It brought together billionaire hedge fund managers, corporate raiders, pension fund investors, and current and former Treasury Secretaries.

But rather than serve up a bunch of bullishness or juicy stock tips, the billionaires who attended delivered warnings of bedlam instead!

Ray Dalio, chairman of the world’s biggest hedge fund, Bridgewater Associates (with $150 billion under management), said: “The risks are so much more on the downside” that the Federal Reserve can’t raise rates, adding “we’ve never been in a world that’s like this.”

Paul Singer, founder of the $27 billion hedge fund firm Elliott Management, was even gloomier, saying: “Eight years of ever-declining rates and ever-increasing radicalism in other monetary policies have not created a sustainable, accelerating uptick in growth. What they have done is created a tremendous increase in hidden risk … I think it’s a very dangerous time in the global economy and global financial markets.”
Dire warnings for the markets.

Billionaire Carl Icahn sounded yet another alarm when he took the stage, saying: “You look at the environment, and I think it’s very dangerous. You’re walking on a ledge and you might make it to the end, but you fall off that ledge and you’re really going to see trouble.” Icahn added that it doesn’t really matter whether the Fed hikes rates this year or not next year, “because either way there’s a problem.”

These aren’t the first such warnings from noted billionaires or fund managers, of course. Icahn has been saying for the past year that stocks are in big trouble. What’s different is the frequency, urgency, and magnitude of the warnings.

Dogman
15th September 2016, 04:52 PM
In many ways, this world economy IS mirroring the 1929 crash!

Back when before the 1929 mudball things were heading into the shitter and repairs were tried, and the market improved for a tad!

Then 1929 came around and bang!

Think in many ways we are tracking the same now as back when and the possibility of the shit hitting the fan is highly likely!

Which probably will trigger WW3!

Look into the 1929 crash history (causes and fixes tried before the big crash) and maybe you can see what I see!

The mistakes of the past WILL be repeated by future generations, especially once the ones that lived through those times die off !

Usually takes maybe 2 - 3 generations , then wash and repeat !

;D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum runner

Glass
15th September 2016, 06:33 PM
easy come easy go. They didn't always have all that "money". It isn't these people I'm worried about. It's the ones who die as a result of the economy. I call it economy and not system because it's how "economies" work. Pump and dump.

Cebu_4_2
15th September 2016, 06:41 PM
easy come easy go. They didn't always have all that "money". It isn't these people I'm worried about. It's the ones who die as a result of the economy. I call it economy and not system because it's how "economies" work. Pump and dump.

My national community is ordering 2X as much as the last 10 years.