PDA

View Full Version : TPMS Sensors

Dogman
16th October 2016, 11:26 AM
I hate them, tho also sort of love them because they are handy to remind me to check my tire pressures.. But with Nitrogen filled tires , every time they are checked you lose pressure. Blah ! >:(

Owned my Mazda 3 now for over 3 years still less than 4000 miles on it, tho just now getting into my third winter. And every time the temp drops the tire pressure drops and the sensors trigger that dam idiot light and startup beeping.

To make it worse, the car came with nitrogen filled tires, so when topping off it is a royal pain in the ass. So this winter I have decided to say screw it and use regular air to top off my tires as I have done for years with my home compressor. But have always carried a 12v compressor along with a plug kit in every vehicle I have owned for more years than I care to count.

So I took a look at my old 12v compressor, and it struck me that the dam thing is over 25 years old and I decided to put it on standby and get another one that was a tad smarter.. Plus my tire repair kit was long in the tooth also, so time for restocking also.. I really do not like plugs, like inside the tire patches, but when you are out in the middle of bumbfuck wherever you have to do what you need to do to get by..

One that you set the pressure and it will turn itself off when the set point is reached,

I like that !

Got this one and topped off my tires and things are good again, no dam beeping or light. There are other 12v compressors, but I like this one because of the auto shutoff plus the price..Because something like this I can carry it around for multiple years and never call on it, but when needed it will be there for me..I also plan to carry my old + 25 year old one, which I did test and it still works, tho the hose needs to be replaced because of old hose surface cracking..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KTY5CJA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This thing is great, the gauge is accurate, tested by my other gauges stops withing 1/2 pound of set point..

Now I am ready (since I said the hell with nitrogen in them)

Another toy that will not get used other than probably once a year or blue moon , which ever comes first !

;D

Texas does not care if working or not if the TPMS system works or not ..Yet ! I just hate the dam light lit and beeping and there is no way to disable it because it is tied into the keyless entry system and such, = cluster fuck = not worth the effort....

Edit:

My old 12v compressor is older than I first posted, back in the late 1970's I bought this compressor back in my oil patch days in west tex..Had a 4x4 that I would take to the monahans sand dunes, and would deflate my tires for traction and drinking beer and play in the sand and used the compressor to air them back up to hit the highway.. So more like 36 years or so carting the dam thing around, using it probably less than 5 times..

Hoot !

;D