PDA

View Full Version : Orca Winfrey: "There’s only one choice, and you don’t have to like her."

crimethink
21st October 2016, 03:19 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/oprah-winfrey-on-clinton-230148

Oprah Winfrey’s message for undecided voters is simple: There’s only one choice, and you don’t have to like her.

The former talk show host and media mogul, who endorsed Hillary Clinton in June, said she has been largely silent in this election because she wasn’t sure she had words that were loud enough to be heard over the tumult.

“The reason why I haven’t been vocal, other than saying I’m with her, is because I didn’t know what to say that could actually pierce through all the noise and the chaos and the disgusting vitriol that’s going on and actually be heard,” Winfrey told the Dallas-based pastor T.D. Jakes, according to an excerpt of the hourlong sitdown to air next Thursday.

“But there really is no choice, people. All the people sitting around talking about they can’t decide. This is what I what I wanna say — wait a minute,” she said, silencing Jakes to make her point. “I hear this all the time. You get into conversations — and there’s not a person in this room who hasn’t been in this same conversation — where people say, ‘I just don’t know if I like her.’”

But you don’t have to, Winfrey said, stressing that’s not the question voters should be asking.

“She’s not coming over to your house! You don’t have to like her,” she said. “You don’t have to like her. Do you like this country? Do you like this country? You better get out there and vote. Do you like the country? Do you like freedom and liberty? Do you like this country? OK. Do you like democracy or do you want a demagogue?”

Joshua01
21st October 2016, 03:45 PM
Quoted for truth!

People are going to have to start holding their "fellow citizens" accountable for their vote.

Hillary is a CRIMINAL. I don't care if Donald Trump is a complete and utter douchebag - criminal trumps douchebag any day of the week.

By voting for Hillary - you are voting to put a CRIMINAL into the highest office in the land - with all of the repercussions that flow from that action.

I don't think we are obligated to follow the dictates of a criminal any more than you are morally obligated to follow a Mafia boss who somehow gets himself elected mayor. Plenty of other people around the world will feel the same. The Phillipines is ALREADY telling the US to go fu<k itself. I believe that is just going to be the start.

There is such a thing as morality. And as long-lost member <redacted for privacy> used to say ( I may not have the quote correct) - what you support - you condone

Hillary Clinton in office will take a HUGE amount of legitimacy away from the office of the President - and from the government as a whole. This kind of shit is what brings down entire governments - and countries.

People who admit to voting for her - are admitting they are playing a part in WANTING that destruction. They should pay a price for that.

madfranks
21st October 2016, 03:52 PM
Do you like freedom and liberty?I can only assume she was joking when she said this in the context of supporting Hillary.

crimethink
21st October 2016, 04:06 PM
I can only assume she was joking when she said this in the context of supporting Hillary.

The "freedom" and "liberty" Orca speaks of are identical to the "freedom" mentioned in the Constitution of the USSR.

vacuum
21st October 2016, 04:59 PM
I think this election is redpilling Trump as much as anyone else. All of his so-called friends have turned against him. The media is worse than he could have imagined. Remember, this is a guy whose has basically been loved by everyone, and almost always gotten positive press his whole life.

Now he is running to try and do the right things after the Obama disater, and 95% of people from his past have turned on him.

Twisted Titan
22nd October 2016, 05:01 AM
Orca winfery

Dude i am soooooo stealing that one

Twisted Titan
22nd October 2016, 05:04 AM
“She’s not coming over to your house!

But the shock troopers coming to rape,rob and rip the last two sheckles of life and liberty are.