PDA

View Full Version : Montana: Several thousand snow geese die

singular_me
14th December 2016, 06:15 AM
how much profits would corporations have left (and they already are the black holes of the world economy) if they ever cleaned up after themselves do you think.

LOL... The EPA is also investigating whether the mine operators were negligent in their duties.

-----------------------------
Montana: Several thousand snow geese die after landing in toxic, acidic water
14 December 2016 GMT

Thousands of snow geese were burned and poisoned to death when they landed in a Montana mine tailings lake filled with acid and toxic metals.

The 700-acre Berkeley Pit is a massive crevice left behind from nearly 30 years of copper mining. It filled up with water 900 feet deep, which then accumulated toxic levels of inorganic compounds including arsenic, cadmium, cobalt, copper, iron and zinc. The water is as acidic as distilled vinegar, strong enough to liquefy the steel propeller of a motorboat.

The pit is a Superfund site and also a tourist attraction, where people pay $2 to see the toxic, reddish water. It has also become renowned as a location to study extremophiles, microorganisms that can persist in conditions toxic to most life.’
http://naturalnews.com/2016-12-13-montana-several-thousand-snow-geese-die-after-landing-in-toxic-acidic-water.html

Sources for this article include:
Independent.co.uk
WashingtonPost.com
TheGuardian.com

Horn
14th December 2016, 10:20 AM
the early 20th century, snow geese were endangered. A ban on hunting allowed their populations to rebound to 2 million by the 1980s. Now, the population is estimated at 15 million

Atleast they're doing better than in the fat 80's