PDA

View Full Version : Lessig: 20 Trump electors could flip

JohnQPublic
14th December 2016, 01:11 PM
Yadayadayada

Lessig: 20 Trump electors could flip (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-electors-lessig-232598)
Larry Lessig, a Harvard University constitutional law professor who made a brief run for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, claimed Tuesday that 20 Republican members of the Electoral College are considering voting against Donald Trump, a figure that would put anti-Trump activists more than halfway toward stalling Trump’s election...

...Lessig’s claims contradict the assertions of Republican National Committee sources who report that a GOP whip operation (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/rnc-trump-electoral-college-232537) intended to ensure Republican electors remain loyal to Trump found only one elector — Chris Suprun of Texas — would defy Trump...

ximmy
14th December 2016, 01:27 PM
Can Hillary electors flip to Trump?

midnight rambler
14th December 2016, 02:13 PM

Not if they like being among the living.

JohnQPublic
14th December 2016, 02:17 PM

Maybe if they are closet Bernie electors.

Twisted Titan
14th December 2016, 04:43 PM
Not if they like being among the living.

But love trumps hate.

We have seen that love on full display since the election

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2016, 05:52 PM
From everything except history back to the 1900s this does not exist. This is an all new precident to steal the presidential election. Trump however powers on without worry so I won't worry either. He has people in places to deal with this. Pretty sure he has this menial stuff covered.

JohnQPublic
14th December 2016, 10:37 PM
From everything except history back to the 1900s this does not exist. This is an all new precident to steal the presidential election. Trump however powers on without worry so I won't worry either. He has people in places to deal with this. Pretty sure he has this menial stuff covered.

I watched an interview with a Michigan elector. In Michigan and some other states (not all), if an elector flips, the state would reject the vote and assign another elector. Plus congress also checks the votes, and if it is flipped can reject it. Not sure what remedy the congress has.

Glass
14th December 2016, 11:32 PM
I guess you have to consider the odds that the Republicans would choose to go forward with house majority under Clinton or under Trump.

And how is someone not talking to this guy about interfering with an election?

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2016, 11:57 PM
Not sure but there's only 4 days left...

Twisted Titan
15th December 2016, 01:29 AM
I guess you have to consider the odds that the Republicans would choose to go forward with house majority under Clinton or under Trump.

And how is someone not talking to this guy about interfering with an election?

Oh they are talking
They are just not using words.
Probally sending him pictures of shiny black things that make simple sounds.

CLICK! CLICK!