PDA

View Full Version : The reason you don't hand signal left turns in Mexico City...

midnight rambler
18th January 2017, 11:04 AM
I know someone who grew up in Mexico City. Today he advised me of some of the stuff that happens in Mexico City. Because of what happens in Mexico City he advised me he will NEVER(!) visit Mexico City again despite his sister living there.

This fellow advised me that the reason why one should never hang one's arm out the window of their car to indicate a left turn in Mexico City is because for a short time, at least until the word of this trend circulated 3-4 years ago*, varmints would come along and chop one's arm off above their wrist watch with a machete in order to steal their wrist watch. Wow, taking petty theft to a whole new level - way to go turd world shithole!

*of course now NO ONE hangs their left arm out their window

EE_
18th January 2017, 11:21 AM
I know someone who grew up in Mexico City. Today he advised me of some of the stuff that happens in Mexico City. Because of what happens in Mexico City he advised me he will NEVER(!) visit Mexico City again despite his sister living there.

This fellow advised me that the reason why one should never hang one's arm out the window of their car to indicate a left turn in Mexico City is because for a short time, at least until the word of this trend circulated 3-4 years ago*, varmints would come along and chop one's arm off above their wrist watch with a machete in order to steal their wrist watch. Wow, taking petty theft to a whole new level - way to go turd world shithole!

*of course now NO ONE hangs their left arm out their window

Suggested driving in Mexico

http://jeanreno.tripod.com/reno_ronin1.gif

midnight rambler
18th January 2017, 11:23 AM
Suggested driving in Mexico

http://jeanreno.tripod.com/reno_ronin1.gif

Your image failed to show.

Cebu_4_2
18th January 2017, 12:16 PM
Yep FAIL!

palani
18th January 2017, 05:17 PM
now NO ONE hangs their left arm out their window
They might simply wear their watch on the RIGHT wrist.

In Puerto Rico an arm stuck out the driver side window in any orientation was construed to mean "I am going to stop", "I am going left", "I am going right" or "I am backing up".

More expressive was an arm out the window with the palm up and slowly elevated a foot or so. It was construed to mean "pack it up your arse".