PDA

View Full Version : skype using skoolz to fight fake news

cheka.
13th February 2017, 08:29 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/civics-schools-avoid-fake-news-45451193

Teachers from elementary school through college are telling students how to distinguish between factual and fictional news — and why they should care that there's a difference.

"I think only education can solve this problem," said Pat Winters Lauro, a professor at Kean University in New Jersey who began teaching a course on news literacy this semester.

Like others, Lauro has found discussions of fake news can lead to politically sensitive territory. Some critics believe fake stories targeting Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton helped Donald Trump overcome a deficit in public opinion polls, and President Trump himself has attached the label to various media outlets and unfavorable reports and polls in the first weeks of his presidency.

crimethink
13th February 2017, 09:01 AM
Real news: information that is consistent with the observable and obvious facts.

Fake news: potentially anything on the Talmudvision or dished out in skool.

What publik skool does not teach is true discernment and discrimination, the essentials to actual thinking.

midnight rambler
13th February 2017, 09:36 AM
I was talking to an owner of a service biz just last week and he advised me about how his son was on a service call to the large local ISD and during the course of servicing what he was called out for he got to listen to some of a video presentation being shown to students. It was about the alt-right purveying fake news and being raycists.