PDA

View Full Version : Pope says it's better to be an atheist...

Neuro
24th February 2017, 02:45 AM
‘Better to be an atheist’: Pope Francis takes aim at ‘hypocritical Catholics’ https://www.rt.com/news/378434-pope-francis-atheist-catholic/

Pope Francis has said it is better to be an atheist than one of the “many” Catholics who live a “scandalous” hypocritical life.

The pontiff made the comments during a private mass in his residence on Thursday morning in which he criticized some of the 1.2 billion members of the Roman Catholic Church by saying: “It is a scandal to say one thing and do another. That is a double life.”

Pope Francis has previously lamented parishioners who become “parrots” who indulge in prayer but do not perform good deeds in the service of God.

“There are those who say 'I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'," said the Pope during the impromptu sermon on Thursday, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.

But, the pontiff added, these people “don't pay [their] employees proper salaries, exploit people, do dirty business, launder money… a double life. And so many Christians are like this, and these people scandalize others."

“How many times have we heard – all of us, around the neighborhood and elsewhere – ‘but to be a Catholic like that, it’s better to be an atheist.’ It is that, scandal,” he added.

READ MORE: Catholic Church paid $213mn to sex abuse victims in Australia since 1980

Francis is consistent in telling Catholics – not only believers, but priests as well – to practice what they preach.

He also blasted the sexual abuse of children by priests, saying that it was like a “Satanic Mass,” told his own cardinals to stop behaving like “princes” and warned the Catholics in the Italian mafia that they excommunicate themselves from the church.

Last year, Francis criticized the “fakeness” of Christians, who speak of God, but do little to help those around them.

"To be a Christian means to do: to do the will of God – and on the last day – because all of us we will have one -- that day what shall the Lord ask us? Will He say: 'What you have said about me?' No. He shall ask us about the things we did," he said."

According to catholic dogma, you go to hell, if you don't believe. But if you commit sins and you ask for forgiveness from Christ, you don't, thus his advice is particularly bad. Perhaps he should excommunicate himself? Essentially anyone who follows his advice is condemned to eternal damnation.

Joshua01
24th February 2017, 04:38 AM
Fucking commie prick. He doesn't speak for catholics! He's a heretic!

Twisted Titan
24th February 2017, 05:06 AM
I Thank God I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

And I don't have to make excuses for a blasphemer like this man

You catholics have my deepest sympathies

Joshua01
24th February 2017, 05:18 AM
We all have our way of obtaining inner peace. 'God' is different in all of us. A good man doesn't necessarily need a script of religious entities to live a good life and be a righteous person. All good men have their own way through the darkness and into the light. We don't need no stickin' Pope to find goodness and peace within our hearts.
I Thank God I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

And I don't have to make excuses for a blasphemer like this man

You catholics have my deepest sympathies

Neuro
24th February 2017, 02:01 PM
We all have our way of obtaining inner peace. 'God' is different in all of us. A good man doesn't necessarily need a script of religious entities to live a good life and be a righteous person. All good men have their own way through the darkness and into the light. We don't need no stickin' Pope to find goodness and peace within our hearts.

I believe that too!

Neuro
24th February 2017, 02:01 PM

I believe that too!

crimethink
24th February 2017, 02:11 PM
Pope Francis has said it is better to be an atheist than one of the “many” Catholics who live a “scandalous” hypocritical life.

(...)

Last year, Francis criticized the “fakeness” of Christians, who speak of God, but do little to help those around them.

"To be a Christian means to do: to do the will of God – and on the last day – because all of us we will have one -- that day what shall the Lord ask us? Will He say: 'What you have said about me?' No. He shall ask us about the things we did," he said."

He should know about it.

https://souldevice.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/vatwealth.jpg

https://paulwilkinson.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/vow-of-poverty-fail.jpeg

According to catholic dogma, you go to hell, if you don't believe. But if you commit sins and you ask for forgiveness from Christ, you don't, thus his advice is particularly bad. Perhaps he should excommunicate himself? Essentially anyone who follows his advice is condemned to eternal damnation.

Yahweh Almighty requires all who have been made aware of His Son and His Gospel to make a decision: accept Jesus Christ or reject Him.

Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ is rewarded after death with their wish: permanent, eternal separation from God (and all good). Imagine an existence without good of any kind...never mind, you can't.

It is far, far better to be a bad Christian than to be an atheist. Indeed, this "pope" is a False Prophet, if not the False Prophet.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

(...)

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

crimethink
24th February 2017, 02:15 PM

Man's ways of "getting through the darkness" are all candles in a hurricane.

Jesus Christ the Son of God is the only beacon that cannot be extinguished. And yes, you do not need a "pope" or priest or any other medium to "interpret" for you. Father God offers His Son directly to you.

StreetsOfGold
24th February 2017, 03:14 PM
The verse NO pope or Roman Catholic can handle and MUST conclude it means something other than what it PLAINLY SAYS

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The most obtrusive, arrogant words EVER spoken by a man, unless he was GOD (he was) and then and ONLY THEN can it be appropriately said (which it was)!

Not A way (< Roman Catholicism), THE WAY!!

Thus, there is NO NEED for a Vatican STATE GOVERNMENT

crimethink
24th February 2017, 03:43 PM
The verse NO pope or Roman Catholic can handle and MUST conclude it means something other than what it PLAINLY SAYS

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The most obtrusive, arrogant words EVER spoken by a man, unless he was GOD (he was) and then and ONLY THEN can it be appropriately said (which it was)!

Not A way (< Roman Catholicism), THE WAY!!

Thus, there is NO NEED for a Vatican STATE GOVERNMENT

Unfortunately, most of "organized Christianity" insists that pastors, preachers, and "elders" are required - that a medium is necessary - to interface with God, despite with the Bible says clearly.

But yes, the Vatican is the worst of offenders on this.