PDA

View Full Version : Alexa, do you work for the NSA?

crimethink
11th March 2017, 05:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmGZSdH2qY

Customer asks thrice, and it won't respond. Then it says it "doesn't understand" / "can't find" the answer to "do you work for the government?"

Glass
11th March 2017, 05:57 PM
I literally cannot see the point of that device. Why would you think it is a worth while object to have? It makes no rational sense to have one. It has less utility than an automatic drink stirrer/spoon . It fulfills no legitimate or beneficial purpose - on it's face.

All leading questions and statements for which we know the answer.

I wonder who would show up if you threaten it.

crimethink
11th March 2017, 06:00 PM
I literally cannot see the point of that device. Why would you think it is a worth while object to have? It makes no rational sense to have one. It has less utility than an automatic drink stirrer.

We are talking about the typical leftist amazonian, of course! It's hip! It's progressive! I've gotta have one! You know, that type of "thinking."

It fulfills no legitimate or beneficial purpose - on it's face.

Oh, but it does! It's just that you, the customer, are not the beneficiary!

Glass
11th March 2017, 06:06 PM
Oh, but it does! It's just that you, the customer, are not the beneficiary!

yes point taken, but I would class that as an illegitimate purpose. But then I believe in individual privacy.

Do they have cameras or only mics? or is that Alexa 2.0?

crimethink
11th March 2017, 06:49 PM
yes point taken, but I would class that as an illegitimate purpose. But then I believe in individual privacy.

Do they have cameras or only mics? or is that Alexa 2.0?

Alexa, as far as I know, only has the microphones (in the plural). The "smart" telescreens, uh, I mean TVs have the two-way viewing.