PDA

View Full Version : All fossil-fuel vehicles will vanish in 8 years in twin ‘death spiral’

singular_me
20th May 2017, 12:10 PM
if we had embraced electric cars in the mid 1900's we wouldnt be there facing another disaster nor seeing the middle east build-up toward the next world war... think abut it and all the racism it has caused since then. One example among many.

================================
Who Killed the Electric Car? is a 2006 documentary film that explores the creation, limited commercialization, and subsequent destruction of the battery electric vehicle in the United States, specifically the General Motors EV1 of the mid-1990s. The film explores the roles of automobile manufacturers, the oil industry, the federal government of the United States, the California government, batteries, hydrogen vehicles, and consumers in limiting the development and adoption of this technology [wiki]

===================================
All fossil-fuel vehicles will vanish in 8 years in twin ‘death spiral’ for big oil and big autos, says study that’s shocking the industries

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, The Telegraph | May 16, 2017

No more petrol or diesel cars, buses, or trucks will be sold anywhere in the world within eight years. The entire market for land transport will switch to electrification, leading to a collapse of oil prices and the demise of the petroleum industry as we have known it for a century.

This is the futuristic forecast by Stanford University economist Tony Seba. His report, with the deceptively bland title Rethinking Transportation 2020-2030, has gone viral in green circles and is causing spasms of anxiety in the established industries.

We are on the cusp of one of the fastest, deepest, most consequential disruptions of transportation in history

Seba’s premise is that people will stop driving altogether. They will switch en masse to self-drive electric vehicles (EVs) that are ten times cheaper to run than fossil-based cars, with a near-zero marginal cost of fuel and an expected lifespan of 1 million miles.

Only nostalgics will cling to the old habit of car ownership. The rest will adapt to vehicles on demand. It will become harder to find a petrol station, spares, or anybody to fix the 2,000 moving parts that bedevil the internal combustion engine. Dealers will disappear by 2024.

Cities will ban human drivers once the data confirms how dangerous they can be behind a wheel. This will spread to suburbs, and then beyond. There will be a “mass stranding of existing vehicles”. The value of second-hard cars will plunge. You will have to pay to dispose of your old vehicle.

It is a twin “death spiral” for big oil and big autos, with ugly implications for some big companies on the London Stock Exchange unless they adapt in time.
MORE
http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/fossil-fuel-vehicles-will-vanish-in-8-years-in-twin-death-spiral-for-big-oil-and-big-autos-says-study-that-shocking-the-industry

osoab
20th May 2017, 01:14 PM
Bullshit.

singular_me
20th May 2017, 01:24 PM
follow the money, that is precisely why they want a mega war for oil... to reduce population and then come up with the electric car to stop the carnage and they will be lauded as our saviors

osoab
20th May 2017, 01:54 PM
follow the money, that is precisely why they want a mega war for oil... to reduce population and then come up with the electric car to stop the carnage and they will be lauded as our saviors

Killing off the population is an after thought when war is considered. Debt and Control are the primary objectives. Oil is not the reason for Syria. This ongoing Syria war is a pipeline war and also don't forget the religion angles. Easy access oil is just icing on the cake.

Ares
20th May 2017, 01:59 PM
Killing off the population is an after thought when war is considered. Debt and Control are the primary objectives. Oil is not the reason for Syria. This ongoing Syria war is a pipeline war and also don't forget the religion angles. Easy access oil is just icing on the cake.

You cannot use logic and reason with this one. It's just best to leave her be in her own make believe world.

osoab
20th May 2017, 02:07 PM
You cannot use logic and reason with this one. It's just best to leave her be in her own make believe world.

Yeah, but if we happen to have a real newbie, I don't want them thinking she is an all knowing one.

cheka.
20th May 2017, 02:10 PM
if we had embraced electric cars in the mid 1900's we wouldnt be there facing another disaster nor seeing the middle east build-up toward the next world war... think abut it and all the racism it has caused since then. One example among many.

]

put the crack pipe down. and isn't most electricity just energy converted (with low efficiency) from hydrocarbons?

C.Martel
20th May 2017, 02:44 PM
They don't want the electric car. If electric cars ever get very low priced, compared to regular cars, you may be right, they will try mandate driver-less cars, which they like, especially highly surveillanced electric driver-less cars, reporting continually your whereabouts to the (((cops))).

It is like free food, if some UN charity is handing out free food, it better be GMO, or if it is non-GMO laced with some poison that will make you sick and need medical care within in 3 years, then there is something terribly "wrong" with that charity. It needs "re-education" by Monsanto. Seriously, the foods not laced with poison are more expensive than the food laced with poison. A 50 lb bag of unbleached wheat will cost you more than 50 lb bag of bleached and brominated wheat. They do this to steer people into getting sick. Whole nuts are expensive, but spray some GMO cottonseed oil on it and it becomes cheaper.

midnight rambler
20th May 2017, 03:04 PM
If what is speculated in the OP were to occur the whole shebang would totally collapse overnight.

Dogman
20th May 2017, 03:09 PM
If what is speculated in the OP were to occur the whole shebang would totally collapse overnight.

Screwed blued with a free tattoo for most.

Is what.

Sent using Forum Runner

singular_me
20th May 2017, 03:11 PM
surely will not discount that... there always are manyyyyy angles to any conflicts, but I read every day about the end of transportation as we know it too

using oil is coming to and end, one way or another

singular_me
20th May 2017, 03:20 PM

Yeah, but if we happen to have a real newbie, I don't want them thinking she is an all knowing one.

thats very funny

why because I look at conflicts from a perspective that doesnt go along with any left brained type of logic? I am sorry.

or wait maybe we can start a thread about DARPA' secret engine models? Our oil based system (and combustion engines) is not the real reality but a reality for slaves

osoab
20th May 2017, 03:21 PM
but I read every day about the ...

It's called confirmation bias.

singular_me
20th May 2017, 03:41 PM
put the crack pipe down. and isn't most electricity just energy converted (with low efficiency) from hydrocarbons?

first time I hear this.. but found a link for inquiring minds http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/13619209/18/supp/C

I dont follow the news daily though but once in a while when getting an out of the box link, I follow other leads.

osoab
20th May 2017, 03:46 PM
thats very funny

why because I look at conflicts from a perspective that doesnt go along with any left brained type of logic? I am sorry.

or wait maybe we can start a thread about DARPA' secret engine models? Our oil based system (and combustion engines) is not the real reality but a reality for slaves

Ares wrote the top line in the quote you attributed to me. I wrote the second sentence in a reply. Get it right tootse.

crimethink
20th May 2017, 04:12 PM
using oil is coming to and end, one way or another

In decades, if not a century. Petroleum drives the world's economy, and, until nuclear fusion is perfected, there is no substitute. "Electric cars"? How do you want to generate the juice? Don't tell me solar panels or windmills.

cheka.
20th May 2017, 04:40 PM
there are vast reserves in areas that skype/govs have ruled off-limits. there is a cartel (cartel by definition exists to create FALSE scarcity and higher than proper price). also have to add all of the world's coal reserves - as it is easily converted to oil. natgas is YUGE too - and can be converted to a variety of oil products. oil will outlive all of us and ours...and then some

according to wiki 13 percent of elec comes from non-hydrocarbon. that leaves 87 percent from hydrocarbons. electric plants are nothing more than hydrocarbon in, elec out (with LARGE energy loss in the conversion)

ShortJohnSilver
20th May 2017, 10:25 PM
Seba’s premise is that people will stop driving altogether. They will switch en masse to self-drive electric vehicles (EVs) that are ten times cheaper to run than fossil-based cars, with a near-zero marginal cost of fuel and an expected lifespan of 1 million miles.

Only nostalgics will cling to the old habit of car ownership. The rest will adapt to vehicles on demand. It will become harder to find a petrol station, spares, or anybody to fix the 2,000 moving parts that bedevil the internal combustion engine. Dealers will disappear by 2024.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/fossil-fuel-vehicles-will-vanish-in-8-years-in-twin-death-spiral-for-big-oil-and-big-autos-says-study-that-shocking-the-industry

No criticism of the person who posted this, but, this guy is 1000% full of BS.

ALREADY, states like Oregon are talking about the "lost revenue" from both more fuel-efficient cars plus EVs and trying to figure out how to tax you based on miles driven since the fuel taxes are not enough for their greed and corruption.

You REALLY think, that the states will just throw up their hands and say, "oh well, there goes BILLIONS/year in revenue that we can no longer get graft from" and not do anything about it?

7th trump
21st May 2017, 07:09 AM
In decades, if not a century. Petroleum drives the world's economy, and, until nuclear fusion is perfected, there is no substitute. "Electric cars"? How do you want to generate the juice? Don't tell me solar panels or windmills.

The all knowing fool strikes again.

JohnQPublic
21st May 2017, 12:19 PM
...isn't most electricity just energy converted (with low efficiency) from hydrocarbons?

We have plenty of hydrocarbons in the US including coal and NG. Very little electricity is generated from oil, and that is what comes from the middle east.

Not saying I totally agree with the OP. but there is a frenzy of activity in the electric car space. People are saying that battery prices are plummeting , which make it possible. Couple that with home solar, and electric cars could make some sense in some areas. I see a "hybrid" approach coming, electric cars, hybrid cars, fuel cell (maybe), as well as ICE cars continuing for those who want/need them. AS the energy commercial says, "all of above". Electric cars may become very significant soon in terms of overall numbers. I do not see a death spiral in 8 years though. Too much momentum. It is not impossible though. I was in Berlin once in 1994 and saw but a few Trabants driving around. That was a death spiral. I went to Leipzig in the early 2000's and saw but one or two, probably more hobby cars. Thing can disappear very quickly. Of course the free money from West Germany helped speed up that transition (one could say the free money to Tesla from, ummm, us, is doing the same).

singular_me
21st May 2017, 03:26 PM
sure, you too would hate to know about how far ahead is DARPA, it is not because oil is the ultimate monopoly that we have to cave in, and accept 'energy-slavery"

There is much better than solar-wind electric batteries out there, such as using magnets and supra conductivity, or even the research on sonoluminescence... speculation is limitless in the web of lies we live in

crimethink
21st May 2017, 03:36 PM
There is much better than solar-wind electric batteries out there, such as using magnets and supra conductivity, or even the research on sonoluminescence... speculation is limitless in the web of lies we live in

Those still have to be energized. With what? Electricity? (whether generator-created or electro-chemical). Zero-Point Energy?

I stand by my assessment that we have decades before oil goes away.

singular_me
21st May 2017, 03:39 PM
makes sense too but we shall see, if automation and robotics really take over millions of jobs as predicted, the OP will turn out being true. The state doesnt care about its useless eaters that much anymore as all the fallacies are unraveling more and more daily.

It strikes me as odd, when people attempt to defend the next move of the state at the expenses of its own citizens.

And also we shouldnt discount the auto bubble that could/will pop eventually.

I dont believe in linear thinking and never will, because it is precisely why we have an event horizon forming.

No criticism of the person who posted this, but, this guy is 1000% full of BS.
ALREADY, states like Oregon are talking about the "lost revenue" from both more fuel-efficient cars plus EVs and trying to figure out how to tax you based on miles driven since the fuel taxes are not enough for their greed and corruption.

You REALLY think, that the states will just throw up their hands and say, "oh well, there goes BILLIONS/year in revenue that we can no longer get graft from" and not do anything about it?

singular_me
21st May 2017, 03:51 PM
listen, I believe that most UFOs are DARPA made

oil is for the slaves

Those still have to be energized. With what? Electricity? (whether generator-created or electro-chemical). Zero-Point Energy?

I stand by my assessment that we have decades before oil goes away.

cheka.
21st May 2017, 04:27 PM
hey sing, i have an idea for you. you have elec car with two batteries. on the car is a windmill (turbine) generator. while you are driving on one battery, the turbine is recharging the other one