PDA

View Full Version : giffords, killary, biden, martha washington and an aluminum ship

cheka.
9th June 2017, 03:40 PM
disgusting vermin invading my hood to launch their war machine in ron paul's old district

http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_25587a10-216c-551d-b5f5-d331ff8d6a60.html

The USS Gabrielle Giffords is not your typical Navy ship.

It’s fast and agile, and can be refitted for any number of missions from surface ship warfare to mine detection and elimination.

The Giffords arrived in Galveston on Saturday — more than three years after its construction began in an Alabama shipyard. Its crew spent the past week preparing for the ship’s commissioning ceremony at Pier 21 in Galveston. The ceremony marks the ship’s official acceptance into the U.S. Navy.

“Think of it as a hybrid,” said Cmdr. Keith Woodley, commanding officer of the Giffords.

The Giffords is a littoral combat ship, a new generation of Navy vessel that is designed to operate in shallow waters. It’s designed to carry any manner of vehicle, and has a large landing deck that can accommodate two helicopters. It’s also equipped with a 57 mm electric-firing cannon, four .50-caliber machine guns and guided missile launcher.

The ship is made almost entirely of aluminum, and its interior is covered with a special foil in case of a fire. Without it, the ship is liable to melt.

The Giffords is an advanced and expensive ship crewed by about 70 sailors at a time — far fewer than the average vessel.

A single watch could have as few as seven sailors on duty at a time, said Petty Officer Mark Dobrinin, the ship’s gunner’s mate, who led a tour of the Giffords on Thursday afternoon.

The small crew means that the sailors on board need to do multiple jobs. For that reason, few, if any, of the crew have come straight from boot camp.

“The most important part of this ship is the sailors on it,” Dobrinin said.

In a name

The ship is named after former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

Giffords was shot in the head during an assassination attempt in a Tucson grocery store parking lot. She survived but was left disabled.

The ship’s name was chosen in 2012, about the time she resigned her seat in Congress.

The ship is the first to be named after a living woman since the Lady Washington, which was named after Martha Washington in 1789. It is only the 16th naval ship to be named after a woman.

Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, who chose the name, said he chose names of people who have shown heroism. In his time as secretary, Mabus also named ships after Harvey Milk, Cesar Chavez and Sojourner Truth and after nine different Medal of Honor recipients.

When announcing the ship’s name, Mabus said Giffords was someone who had become “synonymous with courage, who has inspired the nation with remarkable resiliency and showed the possibilities of the human spirit.”

The ship’s name has drawn grumbles from some conservatives, who note that Giffords had spent considerable time in the past five years advocating for stronger gun control laws.

According to Navy press material, as a congresswoman, Giffords was “known for supporting the military and veterans.”

The name is something the ship’s crew wants to live up to, Woodley said.

“We want to make sure we can project that strength as we try to take this over the horizon,” Woodley said. “We want to make sure we honor her.”

Ceremony plans

Giffords will be at Saturday’s ceremony, along with her husband, retired NASA astronaut Mark Kelly.

She will be joined by other friends and family, among them some VIPs. Former Secretary of State and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton announced on Thursday she would attend the ceremony. Former Second Lady of the United States Jill Biden, who acted as the ship’s sponsor, will also attend.

Cebu_4_2
9th June 2017, 04:21 PM
Giffords will be at Saturday’s ceremony, along with her husband, retired NASA astronaut Mark Kelly.

Perhaps they should use these two and smash them into the side of the ship to christen it.

She will be joined by other friends and family, among them some VIPs. Former Secretary of State and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton announced on Thursday she would attend the ceremony. Former Second Lady of the United States Jill Biden, who acted as the ship’s sponsor, will also attend.

How many times can you christian a ship?

Glass
9th June 2017, 05:51 PM
How many times can you christian a ship?

their not cristian-ing it. :) They are christening it. I'd like to think there is a difference. I guess when they start Lucifering things we'll know how far we've truly fallen.

I thought Giffords was shot in a church. Friendy fire when they killed the Judge. No wiki says supermarket carpark.

Its probably an apt vessel to be named this way. Thin, fragile, easily damaged, made from alzheimers material. Cost more than it should and every one on board has to do two or more jobs.

Is there a Polosi?

Joshua01
9th June 2017, 06:30 PM
I think I'm gonna puke

Stop Making Cents
9th June 2017, 08:51 PM
An absolute disgrace. All goes back to BJ Clinton's social engineering with the military. Remember Obama firing all the military generals? The commies are up to something big with the military.

Glass
9th June 2017, 08:58 PM
An absolute disgrace. All goes back to BJ Clinton's social engineering with the military. Remember Obama firing all the military generals? The commies are up to something big with the military.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/83/Clinton_Village.jpg/220px-Clinton_Village.jpg

Not sure what kind of Village would apply to the Navy. Anyone got any ideas?

Interestingly from this book:

On June 6,Jeanette Jing, an activist with over 33,000 followers on Twitter who supports Clinton’s Democratic opponent Sen. Bernie Sanders, shared (https://archive.is/o/0gSsu/https://twitter.com/JeanetteJing/status/872076091091013632) two pages of the work in which Clinton reminisces about the black prisoners who worked in the Arkansas governor’s mansion she shared with her husband, Bill Clinton, who led the state from 1979 to 1981 and 1983 to 1992.
“When we moved in, I was told that using prison labor at the governor’s mansion was a longstanding tradition, which kept down costs,” Clinton writes (https://archive.is/o/0gSsu/https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=aB5mySwpuE8C&pg=PT66&lpg=PT66&dq=it+takes+a+village+%22one+unusual+aspect+of+liv ing+in%22&source=bl&ots=1ZNqhDWQiI&sig=bz85GyoxC3GXvsLwQ2utO1amDtI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibiuykt6vUAhXLL8AKHRZFDJAQ6AEIKDAA%23v= onepage&q=it%20takes%20a%20village%20%22one%20unusual%20as pect%20of%20living%20in%22&f=false). She adds that most of the workers were convicted murderers and she became friendly with “a few of them, African-American men in their thirties who had already served 12 to 18 years of their sentences.”

PatColo
9th June 2017, 10:17 PM
The USS Gabrielle Giffords is not your typical Navy ship.

that March '11 AZ "mass shooting" by "Jared Loughner", with giffords allegedly getting popped in the head, escaped most of our scrutiny as far as FF/hoax suspicion, coz most of us weren't smaller scale FF/hoax "tragedy event" wise then. I really wasn't wise to (((their))) smaller-scale scams until sandy hoax. And the youtube & writer & radio host scrutiny was much lower then too. So that's at least AZ/Loughner, & Aurora/Batman (summer '12) which more/less slipped by us. Sandy hoax was Dec '12.

I do recall the AZ event put youtuber "Dallas Goldbug" on the map, as he pooped out a pretty good vid calling AZ out as an FF/hoax. Then DGB went full retard with his later vids.

crimethink
10th June 2017, 06:22 AM
No more disgusting than awarding Nigger Boy the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing. I'm sure a capital ship naming for him will be coming eventually.

At least it's not a Ford-class aircraft carrier. The "ship" itself is merely a target ready to go to the bottom. One SSM and all you'll find are burning pieces of metal. Small combat ships are bad, and aluminum ones are far worse...about as survivable as wood. The class is as empty and meaningless as Gabrielle Hornstein "Giffords" herself.

http://www.naval-technology.com/news/newsus-watchdog-questions-littoral-combat-ships-survivability-4787916

https://news.usni.org/2015/01/22/opinion-lcs-survivability-questions-linger

crimethink
10th June 2017, 06:26 AM

Social engineering the military goes back to integrating Niggers into it, decades before Billy Boy. Supported by both Democrats and Republicans.