PDA

View Full Version : CFTC Approves Options Trading In Bitcoin

cheka.
8th July 2017, 11:43 AM
the alleged 'fixed' number of btc about to get run over by skype paper promises (like pm)?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-08/cftc-approves-options-trading-bitcoin

US regulators aren’t yet comfortable with bitcoin ETFs (although a quad-levered S&P ETF is just fine for mom and pop), but apparently options and swaps are another story.

This week, the CFTC took a bold step forward in terms of granting institutional investors access to the bitcoin market, approving the creation of the first SEF or Swap Execution Facility. Previously, traders who wished to place bets in bitcoin derivatives markets were forced to operate in markets that were strictly OTC. But now the agency has issued a registration order to LedgerX, granting it status with the CFTC as a Swap Execution Facility, in the process approving bitcoin options trading

singular_me
8th July 2017, 12:35 PM
why do people need a gov representing the metaphoric parental consent to trade?

It is just good for booms and busts

Ares
8th July 2017, 05:20 PM
the alleged 'fixed' number of btc about to get run over by skype paper promises (like pm)?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-08/cftc-approves-options-trading-bitcoin

US regulators aren’t yet comfortable with bitcoin ETFs (although a quad-levered S&P ETF is just fine for mom and pop), but apparently options and swaps are another story.

This week, the CFTC took a bold step forward in terms of granting institutional investors access to the bitcoin market, approving the creation of the first SEF or Swap Execution Facility. Previously, traders who wished to place bets in bitcoin derivatives markets were forced to operate in markets that were strictly OTC. But now the agency has issued a registration order to LedgerX, granting it status with the CFTC as a Swap Execution Facility, in the process approving bitcoin options trading

Looks like it, I was hoping that options wouldn't be allowed. But I was being optimistic. The good news is at least with BTC you know how many are in existence. If 16million have been mined and someone shorts for 18-19 million you know it's a bullshit trade.

But we know it won't be that obvious unfortunately.

C.Martel
8th July 2017, 05:37 PM
Rothschild wealth is reportedly in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, so they have the money along with their clan to do some damage to BTC, or let it ride and create a bubble and then crash it, then buy it and then crash it, then buy it. But there needs to be enough panic with each crash so the goyim aren't interested. If the goyim are interested in BTC after the initial crash, then crash it some more.

Anyone know where silver would have been and be without naked shorts?

Ares
8th July 2017, 06:14 PM
Rothschild wealth is reportedly in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, so they have the money along with their clan to do some damage to BTC, or let it ride and create a bubble and then crash it, then buy it and then crash it, then buy it. But there needs to be enough panic with each crash so the goyim aren't interested. If the goyim are interested in BTC after the initial crash, then crash it some more.

Anyone know where silver would have been and be without naked shorts?

They can only do that for so long though. To sell you have to buy. People in BTC right now would love a discounted price. If they buy and hold the vast majority the ones that are still available would go up in value ridiculously due to scarcity.

The take away is that with gold we have no idea how much is out there. With cryptos we know exactly to the 8th digit how many are out there.

Satoshi himself has a little over a million coins making him/her/they a billionaire. However they haven't even moved since they were mined. Some question if he/she/they still even have the key to them to be able to take ownership.

ShortJohnSilver
9th July 2017, 02:57 PM
The danger is, when BTC is popular enough that they can get enough people to deposit it into an exchange or a bank. THEN they will have the ability to short and manipulate. If everyone just uses BTC and keeps as little as possible on the exchange, and the rest in their own wallets, then any shorting will become obvious.

Ares
9th July 2017, 03:23 PM
The danger is, when BTC is popular enough that they can get enough people to deposit it into an exchange or a bank. THEN they will have the ability to short and manipulate. If everyone just uses BTC and keeps as little as possible on the exchange, and the rest in their own wallets, then any shorting will become obvious.

Agreed, why none of my BTC holdings are in an Exchange. I got screwed when Cryptsy went under. I had a number of different alt-coins stored there. With current prices, probably close to 20k in USD value.

So yeah it was an expensive lesson.

vacuum
9th July 2017, 04:33 PM
Agreed, why none of my BTC holdings are in an Exchange.

How do you secure your PC? Using linux? I always worry about security on the PC side of things.

singular_me
9th July 2017, 05:17 PM
bingo.. popularity is the trap

The danger is, when BTC is popular enough......

Ares
9th July 2017, 05:43 PM
How do you secure your PC? Using linux? I always worry about security on the PC side of things.

I use Windows, but my BTC is stored at blockchain and backed up using a paper wallet locked in a fire resistant safe. I try to keep my cryptos off my machine just in case it does get compromised. You can use other wallets that merely interface with the blackchain Exodus is one, and Jaxx is another that I use for altcoins.