PDA

View Full Version : 'Windows tech support' just called me...

midnight rambler
26th July 2017, 12:43 PM
And I have a two y.o. Macbook Pro...so far I've kept them on the line for 16 minutes screwing with 'em and wasting their time. I keep telling them I have an Apple laptop yet they keep trying to 'help' me. lol

Going to see how long I can amuse myself by keeping them on the line.

crimethink
26th July 2017, 01:00 PM
Oh, you could have SO much fun with that! "Open up Windows? How many? Living room, bedroom, or both?"

midnight rambler
26th July 2017, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the input, didn't think of that. Went for 34 minutes before I got bored with 'em.

midnight rambler
26th July 2017, 01:04 PM
Now when those jokers call wanting to make me a biz loan, I really string them along. When they get to asking me what I have in mind for the 'money' they're so eager to loan me I say, "Duh! Hoes and blow! We're gonna party!!!"

Ares
26th July 2017, 01:14 PM
I load up a Windows 95 VM and let them remote in.

LOL They look all over for things (documents, pictures etc.) make registry changes etc.

I had one guy screaming at me when I started laughing and told him that he's in a useless virtual machine and that any changes made will get wiped out when I restore from a snapshot.

midnight rambler
26th July 2017, 01:18 PM
If I'm on the computer doing something else anyway I love wasting their time...like they're trying to do to me. Actually had one say to me recently, "Thanks for wasting my time." lol