PDA

View Full Version : Btc-e is down...

Neuro
26th July 2017, 01:13 PM
...Since the last 30+ hours, 24 hours ago they left a statement that they had some technical problems and was working to fix it. This came in a few hours ago:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

One of the Russian founders was arrested in Greece, suspected of money laundering, and perhaps even the massive theft at mt Gox years ago.

I had a bit more than $1000 at the exchange in cash waiting to buy back post crash. I doubt I will ever see those. I had already cashed out $4,000 from my initial investment of $1,100 so it is not the end of the world, but still...

Ares
26th July 2017, 01:19 PM
Man I am glad I just cleaned out my btc-e account. Like literally last month. I got on the edge after cryptsy went down with 24k (in USD) worth of crypto assets that I mined.

Sorry to hear that Neuro...... :(

Cryptsy cleaned me out big time as I used them for all the alt coins that I mined. There are some wallets who do the auto exchanging, but it's a pretty big spread. I hate exchanges anymore.

jcismylord
26th July 2017, 01:21 PM
interesting

this comes along with the fact that two dark-web bitcoin - trade behemoths have been taken down the week before

Ares
26th July 2017, 01:27 PM
interesting

this comes along with the fact that two dark-web bitcoin - trade behemoths have been taken down the week before

If I were to attempt to cash out of btc, I would of also likely used btc-e. They were a bit shady to begin with. The owners were hidden. I just know the exchange itself is located in Bulgaria. It's registered to 2 women, but outside of that I can't get any information. Cryptsy was at least open, which is why I trusted it more, but that didn't pan out either.

singular_me
26th July 2017, 01:29 PM
and so it started... AI knows blockchain like the back of his hand

Ares
26th July 2017, 01:31 PM
and so it started... AI knows blockchain like the back of his hand

:rolleyes:

Just like Adolf Hitler didn't have blue eyes eh Singular?

Neuro
26th July 2017, 01:37 PM

Goldie lives in a parallel universe where everything she spouts is true. She just makes up shit to fit her current agenda/bias, in pseudo intellectual shape.

Neuro
26th July 2017, 01:44 PM
Man I am glad I just cleaned out my btc-e account. Like literally last month. I got on the edge after cryptsy went down with 24k (in USD) worth of crypt assets that I mined.

Sorry to hear that Neuro...... :(

Cryptsy cleaned me out big time as I used them for all the alt coins that I mined. There are some wallets who do the auto exchanging, but it's a pretty big spread. I hate exchanges anymore.

I just left a little play money, that I could afford to lose, and that it seems I did, in an interesting way, I cashed out $4,000 a month ago as well so I am good.

Probably it is a good thing in that I'll play less, and I can keep my focus on more important things in life, like pseudo-fighting with Goldie... ;D

Ares
26th July 2017, 01:48 PM
I just left a little play money, that I could afford to lose, and that it seems I did, in an interesting way, I cashed out $4,000 a month ago as well so I am good.

Probably it is a good thing in that I'll play less, and I can keep my focus on more important things in life, like pseudo-fighting with Goldie... ;D

touche LOL

singular_me
26th July 2017, 02:27 PM
well I didnt think he had... because I had too many black and white pix in my head

pix like this
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hitler&t=ffnt&atb=v74-3&iax=1&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infostormer.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2Fadolf-hitler2.jpg

still I dont find it obvious, but if his supporters say so ;)

singular_me
26th July 2017, 02:33 PM
all is love in the universe, the constant mating of particles says so.. so for humans voluntarism is the way

I am a metathinker (thinking merging science and spirituality)

Goldie lives in a parallel universe where everything she spouts is true. She just makes up shit to fit her current agenda/bias, in pseudo intellectual shape.

madfranks
26th July 2017, 03:43 PM
...Since the last 30+ hours, 24 hours ago they left a statement that they had some technical problems and was working to fix it. This came in a few hours ago:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

One of the Russian founders was arrested in Greece, suspected of money laundering, and perhaps even the massive theft at mt Gox years ago.

I had a bit more than $1000 at the exchange in cash waiting to buy back post crash. I doubt I will ever see those. I had already cashed out $4,000 from my initial investment of $1,100 so it is not the end of the world, but still...

Dang! Like Ares, I recently cashed out all my holdings at BTC-e (mostly - I still had around $50 worth, token bits of BTC and LTC). If it's down for good, we'll never see it again. (((They're))) definitely trying to clamp down of free (what they call "black") markets around the world.

My next concern is, right now I have a decent amount stored on Coinbase; maybe I should cash out there too? Although I know Coinbase is one of the most compliant crypto companies when it comes to government compliance.

madfranks
26th July 2017, 03:58 PM
Companion thread over at bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047405.0;all

singular_me
26th July 2017, 04:21 PM
the mania of the crowds: everybody was rushing in

as long as people will do this, they will just just have to watch and wait for the right moment, they bank on manias to get rich and impoverish the people
=========================
As Jeff points out, these corrections were necessary and helped calm the markets. There were too many people rushing in and as with any market, it became over-valued and took a much neededbreather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=BMAlqjtuad0

singular_me
26th July 2017, 04:27 PM
the mania of the crowds struck again...((they)) love it

==============
As Jeff points out, these corrections were necessary and helped calm the markets. There were too many people rushing in and as with any market, it became over-valued and took a much needed breather.

Jeff breaks down exactly how he thinks this correction happened, what it means and how this will affect the markets in the future.

Jeff has some healthy skepticism surprisingly with the crypto-market, but of course has been on the forefront of trending cryptocurrencies since 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=BMAlqjtuad0

Neuro
27th July 2017, 12:56 PM
Dang! Like Ares, I recently cashed out all my holdings at BTC-e (mostly - I still had around $50 worth, token bits of BTC and LTC). If it's down for good, we'll never see it again. (((They're))) definitely trying to clamp down of free (what they call "black") markets around the world.

My next concern is, right now I have a decent amount stored on Coinbase; maybe I should cash out there too? Although I know Coinbase is one of the most compliant crypto companies when it comes to government compliance.

I really don't know. People at the trollbox at btc-e was constantly deriding coinbase for its frequent crashes at times when you would like to sell, not to mention Poloniex, which was considered to be a certain next mt Gox (my experience with them for a couple of weeks would affirm that, however it seems that btc-e came first). The transfer of 66,000 bitcoins a couple of days ago didn't come from the btc-e though but the coinbase exchange into a private cold pocket.

If for instance Poloniex throughs in the towel in the near future, it could come to the point very quickly where everyone runs to the exit at the same time. Maybe coinbase could weather it, maybe not. I am not at all convinced there is much to the accusations against btc-e and this supposed owner of the exchange Vinnik, and if it is all fabricated, they may do it again. At a market valuation of around $40B for bitcoin only, it is started to be noted on the map. And the moneychangers don't appreciate competition in their monopoly aspirations.

On the other hand you may be getting a good buying opportunity shortly, as everyone is running for the exit...

Ares
29th July 2017, 07:37 PM
Why the feds took down one of Bitcoin’s largest exchanges

Tracing Mt. Gox’s stolen coins led feds to Alexander Vinnik

This week, one of Bitcoin’s largest and most notorious coin exchanges was brought down by law enforcement — and police and prosecutors are now beginning to explain why. On Thursday, the Department of Justice unsealed an indictment against Alexander Vinnik — thought to be the operator, or one of the operators of Bitcoin exchange BTC-e — charging him with 21 counts of money laundering and other related financial crimes. The counts range from operating an unlicensed money transmittal business to a variety of money laundering charges, including laundering associated with ransomware payouts and a theft from the now-defunct Mt Gox exchange. More generally, the indictment paints BTC-e as a hub of criminal activity, laundering the proceeds of everything from drug trafficking to ransomware attacks.

As some suspected, Vinnik’s alleged crimes go beyond just operating the exchange. Feds believe he played a role in the theft of more 800,000 bitcoin — about $400 million at the time — from Mt. Gox, a staggering loss that ultimately shuttered the exchange. According to the indictment, 530,000 of those bitcoin ended up passing through wallets controlled by or associated with Vinnik, although his role in the larger scheme remains unclear.

Vinnik himself is in custody, arrested while on vacation in Greece, but the Bitcoin world is still sorting through the larger implications of his arrest. BTC-e was one of the last major exchanges outside the reach of conventional finance, and now that it’s gone, it’s unclear what might replace it. There are many legitimate uses of Bitcoin, but Bitcoin transactions have also become essential for online crime — whether it’s ransomware or Silk-Road-style online marketplaces. There will continue to be demand for exchanges like BTC-e, and with feds directly targeting exchanges that don’t play by the book, the split between the two halves of Bitcoin is becoming starker and starker.

BTC-e, founded in 2011, always stood out as an anomaly among the major Bitcoin exchanges. Even a cursory look at BTC-e flagged it as a little strange. “Their exchange prices always seemed weird and out of line with every other exchange, and I had wondered why,” Matthew Green, a professor at Johns Hopkins University told The Verge in an email.

Nicholas Weaver wrote at Lawfare that BTC-e was noted for its “sketchy ownership and control.” The exchange was supposedly located in Eastern Europe, but there were no clues as to who ran it — until now.

But the big surprise in the indictment is how closely tied BTC-e is to a massive theft at Mt. Gox, one that eventually bankrupted the exchange in 2014. Founded in 2010, Mt. Gox dominated the Bitcoin world for years, at one point processing 80 percent of all bitcoin-to-currency transactions. Mt. Gox first suffered a multimillion-dollar theft in June 2011. When the exchange collapsed in 2014, the equivalent of nearly half a billion dollars was unaccounted for.

On Wednesday, in the wake of the arrest of Vinnik, WizSec published a blogpost presenting the findings of an investigation into the Mt. Gox thefts that they have apparently been preparing for years. According to WizSec, the Mt. Gox hot wallet private keys were stolen sometime in 2011, and the hacker (or multiple hackers) continued to steal bitcoin through 2012 and 2013. The bitcoin were laundered through wallets controlled by Alexander Vinnik. The indictment claims that 300,000 bitcoin were stolen from Mt. Gox went directly to three connected BTC-e accounts “directly linked” to “BTC-e administrative accounts” that only BTC-e admins and operators could have had access to. At least one of the accounts — under the name “Vamnedam” — was controlled by Vinnik and “others known and unknown.” (The “others known” are either not named in the indictment or have been redacted from the published document.)

More bitcoin from the theft were sent to other Mt. Gox wallets and wallets at a third exchange — the now-defunct Tradehill, which operated out of San Francisco, California. From there, they eventually ended up at BTC-e, in an account that was directly controlled by Vinnik.

WizSec also claims that the wallets that laundered Mt. Gox coins also handled “coins stolen from Bitcoinica, Bitfloor and several other thefts from back in 2011 and 2012.”

It’s not clear whether Vinnik was directly involved in the Mt. Gox theft, or how close he is to any of those previous thefts, or even the CryptoWall ransomware hackers whose funds he is accused of laundering. But when it comes to Mt. Gox, at least, BTC-e’s proximity to the theft is fairly suspicious.

While the Mt. Gox allegations are the most eye-catching, many of the charges that brought down BTC-e allege more straightforward money laundering. The very first count listed in the indictment is for operating an unlicensed money-transmitting business: a criminal charge based on failing to register with FinCEN, an intelligence network that’s mandatory for all financial companies dealing with US customers.

Participating in FinCEN comes with a range of requirements, from registration to internal anti-money laundering programs. Since 2013, it’s been clear that Bitcoin exchanges had to follow those same rules, and for the most part, exchanges have complied — and prosecutors haven’t been shy about filing charges against services that don’t. In recent years, BTC-e has been the largest Bitcoin exchange not registered with FinCEN, a distinction that made it an obvious target for law enforcement, even without Vinnik’s alleged Mt. Gox involvement.

“Anybody who thought about this for a second understood that law enforcement was working on a case against BTC-e,” said Jerry Brito, executive director of Coin Center. “The question was just whether the government would catch them.”

Where other counts in the indictment focus on money transfers linked to theft and ransomware, the first two — operation of an unlicensed money transmitter and conspiracy to commit money-laundering — focus on the technological capabilities of BTC-e itself, claiming that the exchange had a “criminal design.”

“BTC-e’s system was designed so that criminals could accomplish financial transactions with anonymity and thereby avoid apprehension by law enforcement or seizure of funds,” the indictment says, pointing out that BTC-e only required “a username, password, and an email address,” unlike “legitimate payment processors or digital currency exchangers.” The indictment also points to suspicious usernames like “ISIS,” “CocaineCowboys,” “blackhathackers,” “dzkillerhacker,” and “hacker4hire” as additional support for the money-laundering allegations.

The language in the indictment about BTC-e’s “criminal design” mimics the indictment against Liberty Reserve — an anonymous currency service taken down by law enforcement in 2013 — which also accused the online exchange of having a “criminal design” and a system “designed so that criminals could effect financial transactions under multiple layers of anonymity.” (The Liberty Reserve indictment also took the time to point out that account names on the site included “Russia Hackers” and “Hacker Accounts.”)

BTC-e’s website claimed that they required customers to provide proof of identity — namely, a scanned ID card and a scanned utility bill or bank statement — and forbid any US customers, letting them off the hook for FinCEN registration. But neither turned out to be true, according to the indictment.

Now that BTC-e is down for good, it could have a profound impact on the criminal ecosystem more broadly. BTC-e handled about 5 percent of total Bitcoin transactions, but recent research found that as much as 95 percent of ransomware cashouts happened through the platform. With most comparably sized exchanges already registered under FinCEN, the takedown could make it both harder and riskier for criminals to cash out — something law enforcement seems to be counting on. In the same Lawfare piece, Weaver says he thinks taking down BTC-e “will probably prove more important than the AlphaBay and Hansa takedowns” in fighting online crime.

For Bitcoiners less invested in law enforcement’s war on dark web marketplaces, the lesson is a more ambiguous one. Cornell professor Emin Gun Sirer says the focus on FinCEN compliance could lead to a lasting split in Bitcoin markets, as exchanges face the choice of whether to comply with US government demands.

“Exchanges will go one of two ways,” Sirer says. “Either they will clean their act, by first shopping for the most lenient jurisdictions and complying with relevant KYC/AML laws, or they'll go ‘fully underground,’ and operate with no rules, behind Tor and other anonymous communication technologies. The most colorful drama ahead will involve exchanges, such as Bitfinex, that operate in the gray zone, where they seem to neither comply with relevant laws nor go fully underground.”

For a technology with a surrounding community built on libertarian ideas, that may be a difficult pill to swallow. But as the past week has made clear, those that don’t will be taking a very serious risk.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/29/16060344/btce-bitcoin-exchange-takedown-mt-gox-theft-law-enforcement

singular_me
30th July 2017, 01:57 AM
Jeff in one of the 2 previous vids asserts that we cannot see a bubble until it pops, reminds me of greenspan.... but he was a major proponent of the bubble himself, on his dollarvigilente.com. So now he repents:

Published on Jul 27, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iry5b2iuW3Y&t=160s

First I will address that the idea of a "finite supply of gold" does hold any water (and has been around since ever) but can easily be debunked with the use of decimals, we could have for example: 0.01oz of gold worth 10,000 dollars. Would this also be possibly applicable to Bitcoin? Is Satoshi Nakamoto's calculation of a bitcoin flawed?? Is Bitcoin pegged to the dollar?

consider this:
Ever wondered, how are Bitcoins created?... Similarly to gold, there is only a finite supply of Bitcoins. In fact, there can only be 21 million coins ever created. Currently about 17 million Bitcoins have already been mined...... In 2009, the reward per block was 50 Bitcoins. Then in 2014, it was halved to 25 Bitcoins per block. More recently it was halved again to 12.5 Bitcoins per block..... New Bitcoins are created at a predictable and fixed rate, which means that as more and more miners join the network the more difficult it becomes to get a slice of the block rewards pie. ... This defined rate of creation was set forth by Satoshi Nakamoto when he created Bitcoin back in 2008. ..

let keep this in mind: The Global Monetary System Has Devalued 47% Over The Last 10 Years http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-24/global-monetary-system-has-devalued-47-over-last-10-years

The bitcoin bubble: Why speculative bitcoin buy-ins now point to a disastrous bitcoin crash (Mike Adams 2013)
http://www.naturalnews.com/039830_bitcoin_bubble_crash.html

SO WHAT IS THE REAL VALUE OF A BITCOIN???

how many more **manic bullishness episodes of greed** shall the world endure until we understand that Nature's zero sum game is unbeatable?

Jeff: Live In The Now and Accept Reality

PS: Hitler having blue eyes is really a 50-50%, in many black and white pix from that time, his eyes look definitely dark.Additionally blue eyes are linked to alien intervention in our DNA, such as what is called elite's "blue blood"

Neuro
30th July 2017, 08:35 AM
all is love in the universe, the constant mating of particles says so.. so for humans voluntarism is the way

I am a metathinker (thinking merging science and spirituality)

Your thinking re either science or spirituality isn't exactly top notch, neither your understanding of cryptocurrencies, as evidenced by your post above...

singular_me
30th July 2017, 09:00 AM
You dont understand my point of view which is non-dualistic. Non-dualism has been around for 1000s of years.

yeah the supply of bitcoin is created at a fixed rate, enough said. I can smell ponzis from far, I just look at the premise. What happens at the surface is always intentionally convoluted. Then I look at the "irrational exuberance factor", many jump into the pool to get more than what they put in. Mike Adams says this too.

all the miseries in the world because people are thinking "security first", that is how ((they)) get us over and over.

from adams' article... do not see any bubble here?
http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Bitcoin-Value-Chart-v3.jpg

Your thinking re either science or spirituality isn't exactly top notch, neither your understanding of cryptocurrencies, as evidenced by your post above...

Ares
30th July 2017, 09:09 AM
yeah the supply of bitcoin is created at a fixed rate, enough said. I can smell ponzis from far, I just look at the premise. What happens at the surface is always intentionally convoluted.

all the miseries in the world because people are thinking "security first", that is how ((they)) get us over and over.

Says the person who most likely pays for this "advanced" knowledge she claims to know and understand.

Ponzi scheme..... LOL

Easy to say, but like always and is typical of you, you offer absolutely no evidence to back your claim that crypto currencies are a "Ponzi scheme".

When I need a break from reality, I'll come visit you in fantasy island. :rolleyes:

Neuro
30th July 2017, 09:14 AM
yeah the supply of bitcoin is created at a fixed rate, enough said. I can smell ponzis from far, I just look at the premise. What happens at the surface is always intentionally convoluted. Then I look at the "irrational exuberance factor", many jump into the pool to get more than what they put in. Mike Adams says this too.

Who are ((they))? (((they))) are fairly obvious, are you afraid of pointing out who is responsible?

singular_me
30th July 2017, 09:45 AM
do not try to derail the topic, I am talking of irrational exuberance and many fell for it. Irrational exuberance is too behind the demise of the world. Its a 50-50%, ((they)) use it to enslave us.

Not afraid of mentioning anybody, we all know on here that ((they)) is meant for deep state, banking cartel, corporations, etc

Who are ((they))? (((they))) are fairly obvious, are you afraid of pointing out who is

responsible?

singular_me
30th July 2017, 09:48 AM
I am not for paying anything... there are plenty of Natural Laws free seminars out there

go and debunk mike adams article instead. I merely agree with him

where I see irrational exuberance, I see a ponzi/bust. It is not a ponzi in the real sense of the word but it has the same consequences.

Says the person who most likely pays for this "advanced" knowledge she claims to know and understand.

Ponzi scheme..... LOL

Easy to say, but like always and is typical of you, you offer absolutely no evidence to back your claim that crypto currencies are a "Ponzi scheme".

When I need a break from reality, I'll come visit you in fantasy island. :rolleyes:

Ares
30th July 2017, 10:49 AM
I am not for paying anything... there are plenty of Natural Laws free seminars out there

go and debunk mike adams article instead. I merely agree with him

Then go to the virtual currencies section of the forum as I debunked Mike Adams. He has no understanding or idea of crypto currencies. He calls them "FIAT currencies" which is bullshit, as there is no law decreeing their existence and mandate of use. There are other points I debunked, but to suffice it to say Mike Adams is NOT any sort of authority of Bitcoin or any crypto currencies he doesn't understand them any better than you do.

where I see irrational exuberance, I see a ponzi/bust. It is not a ponzi in the real sense of the word but it has the same consequences.

Irrational exuberance? Would you be saying the same thing about the Gutenberg press? Crypto currencies from a technological perspective are a Gutenberg press for monetary transactions. Decentralized money is very dangerous. Just as Gutenberg press was very dangerous in its day.

Neuro
30th July 2017, 12:16 PM
do not try to derail the topic, I am talking of irrational exuberance and many fell for it. Irrational exuberance is too behind the demise of the world. Its a 50-50%, ((they)) use it to enslave us.

Not afraid of mentioning anybody, we all know on here that ((they)) is meant for deep state, banking cartel, corporations, etc

So ((they))=(((they))), but I guess you are afraid to appear anti-Semitic...

singular_me
30th July 2017, 02:33 PM
I would say ((they)) about the zionists, chinese and russian, whatever elites, any cartels political and financial whatever ((their)) race/culture.

Non-dualism (to avoid the divide and conquer dialectic) and real long-term solutions start with personal responsibility, and ((they)) know it, which is why ((they)) obtain our consent by "divide and conquer". Deep state want a global race war and they are rubbing their hands right now.

Every time we blame it on a group/clique instead judging ((them)) by ((their)) actions, we fuel more divide and conquer. The anti semitic/nazi sword works both ways because ((they)) know about dualism. You do not. I do.

Earth has been a cultural death trap for 5000 years now. Race/culture/supremacy is an old recipe. Even the vikings used it for several centuries. This because objective reality, The Greater Reality, doesnt give a damn about the skin color/culture. So stay stuck in your low reality level, and keep participating in whatever "market fever" so ((they)) can restrict our freedom further. It is all about balance, my dear watson. And market manias are far from that, it is giving them the rope to hang us.

bitcoin mania is a diversion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtvWdtujmww

So ((they))=(((they))), but I guess you are afraid to appear anti-Semitic...

singular_me
31st July 2017, 02:03 AM
Irrational exuberance? Would you be saying the same thing about the Gutenberg press? Crypto currencies from a technological perspective are a Gutenberg press for monetary transactions. Decentralized money is very dangerous. Just as Gutenberg press was very dangerous in its day.

Yes I dont deny that and I basically agree, the problem is emotional bullishness here, wealth cannot be created, global wealth is an oxymoron. We can only create what is needed in the now, projecting the future doesnt work but only benefits ((them)). The more we project the more projections fall short, unless one grasps objective reality. That is why we are wasting so much, because most cannot make sense of the whole and are tricking the game... and it has consequences.

when speculation and emotional bullishness show up in sync, a bust can be predicted easily. No if but when. I stick to what I said, I agree with Adams

MIKE ADAMS: But because bitcoin is a currency whose value is based on the psychology of human beings, , it is subject to booms and busts. Bitcoin has enjoyed a meteoric rise from roughly $20 per bitcoin in February to almost $200 per bitcoin today. (Yes, nearly a 1000% return in less than two months.)

a real currency would have to have a value that emotions cannot stretch, but it doesnt exist because the mind is in command, so all currencies have the same flaw embedded. This is metaphysics. Mentalism is the 1st immutable principle. The stock market is a giant scam therefore.

I have become a money-free proponent because I have realized how vain it is to stand up against Cosmic Principles. But ((they)) manipulate the consequences of this attempt to enslave us all. This is demonic/archonic. God has made sure that nobody could become wealthy, waste and/or plunder natural resources, only the devil or the archons think otherwise.

Okay seems like I have almsot enough here for a next column of mine :)

singular_me
31st July 2017, 04:52 PM
??? ???

Bitcoin has been predicted to hit $500,000 within a few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoLVP3urUvk

Exclusive: New SEC enforcement chiefs see cyber crime as biggest market threat
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sec-enforcement-exclusive-idUSKBN18Z2TX

agnut
2nd August 2017, 09:38 AM
If you don't hold it, you don't own it.
Ronald Reltih Ponce DeLeon

Neuro
18th August 2017, 12:53 AM
Here is an article showing a timeline from mtgox creation, the thefts that eventually ruined the exchange, Alexander Vinniks alleged involvement in the thefts and in BTC-e, and the taking down of BTC-e by FBI.

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/mtgox-btc-e-and-the-missing-coins-a-living-timeline-of-the-greatest-cyber-crime-ever/

Neuro
27th September 2017, 01:19 PM
Fascinating! A new exchange wex.nz has taken over the cryptocurrencies of btc-e, and I got my funds back -20% approximately, put it all into BTC, and since then (a couple of hours ago), BTC has skyrocketed about 5% up to +$4,700. It means that authorities failed to seize the assets (apart from what the exchange had in cash!) of what was called a money laundering operation.
http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9313&d=1506543548

Neuro
27th September 2017, 01:22 PM
I truly never expected that I would see this happening!

madfranks
27th September 2017, 02:13 PM
I truly never expected that I would see this happening!

I'm happy for you!

Uncle Salty
27th September 2017, 03:43 PM
Fascinating! A new exchange wex.nz has taken over the cryptocurrencies of btc-e, and I got my funds back -20% approximately, put it all into BTC, and since then (a couple of hours ago), BTC has skyrocketed about 5% up to +$4,700. It means that authorities failed to seize the assets (apart from what the exchange had in cash!) of what was called a money laundering operation.
http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9313&d=1506543548

How did you do that?

I have some ltc in btc-e.

Neuro
28th September 2017, 01:44 AM
How did you do that?

I have some ltc in btc-e.
Congratulations you will get +80% back of what you lost at BTC-e.

Well you have them in wex.nz now if you go and login there, with your e-mail. Some 61.79% of what you had at BTC-e you will get back immediately then you will get the rest in LTC tokens which you can exchange now at about 50% of value of LTC, but that value change over time.

Neuro
28th September 2017, 01:59 AM
I'm happy for you!

I am happy about getting the money back, for sure. But that is not the main point. I am thinking about the owners of BTC-e (who are anonymous and Russian), who have been accused of running this criminal enterprise with money laundering and theft of btc from mt gox. First they managed to save the funds (apart from the fiat cash) from being seized, together with the client data. And then they decide to start up the business again, and return everything that they managed to salvage to the clients, all the clients at that. Sure they could have decided to refund some whales whom they were concerned would put a contract on their head, but they refunded everyone.

There is a level of unprecedented honesty at play here. I am astounded! Would you expect something like this from Trump?