PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION! Bitcoin holders who held bitcoin on August 1st, 2017:

sirgonzo420
4th August 2017, 10:32 AM
If you owned bitcoin as of August 1st, 2017 (specifically, as of block 478558), then you now also own the same amount of "Bitcoin Cash"/"Bcash" on the same addresses on the newly-forked "Bitcoin Cash"/"Bcash" blockchain. It is being called "Bitcoin Cash" by some and "Bcash" by others, and is being referenced with "BCC" and "BCH"

Although they have only existed for a few days, they have been trading between $200 and $1000 each.

I knew that some people here held bitcoin, so I was making them aware that they might have more money than they realize.

We are pleased to announce that on August 1st 2017, Bitcoin Cash (BCC) successfully launched.

At 18:24:41 UTC, ViaBTC pool produced a 1.9 MB BCC block (http://blockdozer.com/insight/block/000000000000000000651ef99cb9fcbe0dadde1d424bd9f15f f20136191a5eec), which was not valid on the legacy Bitcoin network. This marked a clean break and the birth of Bitcoin Cash.

Bitcoin Cash brings sound money to the world. Merchants and users are empowered with low fees and reliable confirmations. The future shines brightly with unrestricted growth, global adoption, permissionless innovation, and decentralized development.

All Bitcoin holders as of block 478558 are now owners of Bitcoin Cash. All Bitcoiners are welcome to join the Bitcoin Cash community as we move forward in creating sound money accessible to the whole world.

https://www.bitcoincash.org/

madfranks
4th August 2017, 04:08 PM
I don't think bitcoin cash will survive very long; people will trade it down until it's insignificant in the crypto economy.

Ares
7th August 2017, 11:10 AM
I don't think bitcoin cash will survive very long; people will trade it down until it's insignificant in the crypto economy.

Yeah I tried to claim my Bitcoin Cash, but my wallet is a blockchain type wallet. It was also imported earlier (way back in 2014). Anyway when I attempt to import my private key with a Bitcoin Cash wallet I get a different Public Address with a 0 balance. But if I use Bitcoin Cash block explorer I can view my Bitcoin Cash balance. So it's there, I just can't claim it.

Edit: I found my old paper wallet with my BTC address and the private key. So I was able to claim my BCC. It's not every day you get a multi-K worth of USD dropped into your lap.. :)