PDA

View Full Version : SYRIANS ARE GOING HOME: Western Backed Terrorists Brought Nothing...

C.Martel
15th August 2017, 08:54 PM
SYRIANS ARE GOING HOME: Western Backed Terrorists Brought Nothing but Weariness, Poverty, Death and Loneliness

Vanessa Beeley
21st Century Wire

My latest trip to Syria was spent in Aleppo and Damascus. During my time in East Aleppo I was struck by the hive of activity, pockets of industry, rebuilding the stricken neighborhoods, stone by stone. Despite lack of electricity and water, in each street and alleyway, the sound of welders and the beat of hammers, rang out.

The sparks from a trio of welders spilled onto the pavement where we sat and drank coffee with residents, returning to their communities that had been so fractured by the almost 5 year occupation of these districts of East Aleppo, by Nusra Front-led extremist brigades.

Earlier an increasing number of refugees returning to their homes in Syria was reported by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), which said more than 440,000 internally-displaced persons and 31,000 refugees in other countries had done so over the first six months of 2016. Aleppo and other government-controlled governorates like Hama, Homs and Damascus were mentioned as destinations for the returnees.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/08/15/syrians-are-going-home-western-backed-terrorists-brought-nothing-but-weariness-poverty-death-and-loneliness/#disqus_thread