PDA

View Full Version : Trump shuts down 2 jobs councils amid wave of CEO departures

Cebu_4_2
16th August 2017, 10:48 AM
Trump shuts down 2 jobs councils amid wave of CEO departureshttp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/16/trump-shuts-down-2-jobs-councils-amid-wave-ceo-departures.html

Published August 16, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

3M CEO resigns from Trump's manufacturing council

President Trump announced Wednesday he is shutting down two jobs councils, amid a wave of resignations by executives in the wake of the president’s response to the violence in Charlottesville.

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!" he wrote on Twitter.

The statement came amid multiple reports that the Strategic and Policy Forum, a group of top business leaders, had already agreed to disband.

This is separate from the manufacturing council which has seen multiple resignations since Trump’s weekend comments. Two more business leaders announced their departure from the group on Wednesday, before Trump announced he was ending both councils.

The latest was Campbell Soup Company CEO Denise Morrison.

She said in a statement: "Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville. I believe the President should have been – and still needs to be – unambiguous on that point. Following yesterday’s remarks from the President, I cannot remain on the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative."

Inge Thulin, CEO of manufacturing giant 3M, also resigned Wednesday from the council.

The statement said he joined the council to advocate policies that align with the company’s values and encourage job growth but, “After careful consideration, I believe the initiative is no longer an effective vehicle for 3M to advance these goals.”

Six others have resigned from the council since Saturday. But Thulin and Morrison were the first to flee since Trump held a defiant press conference Tuesday at Trump Tower defending his original statements on Charlottesville and attacking the “alt-left” for their alleged role in the clashes.

The president said “both sides” share blame, while still condemning neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

The president has criticized those leaving his council as “grandstanders.” Before diving back into the Charlottesville controversy in his remarks Tuesday, Trump said people are quitting the manufacturing board “because they're not taking their job seriously as it pertains to this country.”

“We want jobs, manufacturing in this country. If you look at some of those people that you're talking about, they're outside of the country. They're having a lot of their product made outside,” he said. “Now, I have to tell you, some of the folks that will leave, they're leaving out of embarrassment because they make their products outside.”

Thulin follows Richard Trumka, the president of the AFL-CIO, and another union leader in quitting the council.

Scott Paul of the Alliance for American Manufacturing; Brian Krzanich of Intel; Kenneth Frazier of Merck; and Kevin Plank of Under Armour also announced their departure.

The departures have come amid criticism of the president for not initially and specifically condemning neo-Nazis after a car ran into a crowd of counter-protesters at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., killing one.

Dogman
16th August 2017, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nkzaOPP6g

madfranks
16th August 2017, 11:19 AM
"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!"Wow, for once a politician terminates a useless government organization instead of throwing more money at it. +1 to Trump.

Dogman
16th August 2017, 11:24 AM
Unpaid council, all voluntary

madfranks
16th August 2017, 11:54 AM
Unpaid council, all voluntary

Maybe for them, but all of the government employees who were tasked with listening to these unpaid volunteers and trying to figure out ways to regulate their opinions were certainly getting paid.

Dogman
16th August 2017, 11:57 AM
Dam fine points

Android forever or whenever sumpthing better comes around!

Dachsie
16th August 2017, 07:42 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20170815/business-leaders-quit-trump-panel-he-hits-back-hard

I think Trump handled those slugs very well. Merck is one of the companies that walked away. Good. They have been poisoning the people with their vaccines long enough and finally their stock values are beginning to tank, just as the stock just happens to be also declining of the other company CEOs that quit.

The reason their stocks are tanking has more to do with our long-time declining economy which began long before January of 2017.

Joshua01
17th August 2017, 06:53 AM
Trump rightly states there's plenty of blame to go around. The left immediately doubles down and casts him as a racist Nazi supporter. You can't make up this shit. Sure, we can reason with these folks, can't we?
http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20170815/business-leaders-quit-trump-panel-he-hits-back-hard

I think Trump handled those slugs very well. Merck is one of the companies that walked away. Good. They have been poisoning the people with their vaccines long enough and finally their stock values are beginning to tank, just as the stock just happens to be also declining of the other company CEOs that quit.

The reason their stocks are tanking has more to do with our long-time declining economy which began long before January of 2017.

Dachsie
17th August 2017, 07:01 AM
Walmart's executive, McMillan, also did something disgusting by saying Trump saying Trumpt should have pointed the finger at white supremacists on this first announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVnVp3Buuw

I just tried to write a complaint to WalMart about their anti-USA and American made products and employee safety and welfare but their website would not accept my comment submission.

Guess I will just quietly stop spending money there and hope others will do their own quiet little boycotts too.

America and American workers lives matter!

Joshua01
17th August 2017, 07:06 AM
Time to get the band back together

http://www.goldismoney2.com/attachments/img_1188-jpg.92650/